Interesting Gil Brandt tweet about the 2022 draft

CCBoy

Reaction score
Was gonna quote a Kansas song but wasnt sure if you were old enough to know what i was talking about.

Veteran-23
Postal-17
Security-8

72 and followed Dallas from when they were the worst Texas team, behind the Oilers and the Texans. Houston's very first draft choice was Sid Blanks, RB, from Texas A&I...in Kingsville.

CapnB

Reaction score
Veteran-23
Postal-17
Security-8

72 and followed Dallas from when they were the worst Texas team, behind the Oilers and the Texans. Houston's very first draft choice was Sid Blanks, RB, from Texas A&I...in Kingsville.

lol a simple, yeah I'm old would have been plenty good. (Not as old but my kids called me old)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sorry, I hold more value to conversation. Oh, and my wife and I have four great grand children...but you can just ignore that if you wish!
Following up further...Gil Steinke was a secondary player under Vince Lombardi, with the Giants. Gil became the head coach for Texas A&I-Kingsville. He brought in Sid Blanks as the very first black player in the Lone Star Conference. Hince his addition relevance in the same thought as the very first Cowboys team. Sid led the Oilers to the AFL Championship. Later, Eugene Upshaw came from the Javelinas and now is in the Hall Fame. The year following Oakland's drafting Eugene, I played with the Javelinas. We were NAIA National Champs, and from that team, were Tony Hill; Dwight Harrison; Eldridge Small; Levi Johnson; Ernest Price; and Don Hardeman. All but Don played in a Pro Bowl during their NFL careers. Our QB was drafted by Baltimore, to replace Johnny Unitas and Earl Morrill. He was cut after 2 exhibition games. A black quarterback, that then played in the Canadian League...Karl Douglas.

So as not to stick an apple in a pig's mouth and declare a top notch Bar BQ Chef as well...I provided a ton of relevancy. Boring to stereotypes or not.

visionary

Reaction score
You fighting w/yourself?

I have no idea why you felt the need to attack Gil Brandt.
-Hall-of-Famer
-Cowboy legend
-All time Draft guru
-Still whip smart enough to get paid as speaker, consultant, and writer

Just hate old guys?

you forgot to add “ad hominem “ in this post

:lmao:

plasticman

Reaction score
LOL...yeah, don't listen to him. This Hall of Famer only invented the most dominant technique for evaluating talent in pro sports history.

What did he ever accomplish....except providing the data the Cowboys used to obtain ten Hall of Famers, including two drafted in the 7th round or lower and two that were rookie free agents....which helped the Cowboys with 20 consecutive winning seasons, twelve conference Championship games, five Super Bowls and two championships.

Naw, don't listen to him...