Interesting nugget from Viking's Safety Harris Smith on Zim's coaching style

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The connective tissue to the 90s squad Dallas has been trying to chase is there with Zimmer, but more than anything, he’s willing to teach players about defense to understand how their jobs tie into the other ten on the field—that’s something Dallas could use in 2024."

That and a few upgrades.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have heard this about Zimmer. He is not trying to make friends with players and some may not like his style. I wonder if this would be too much of a contract with Quinn's style for some players.
As someone who actually likes DQ I have to say it's time for a coach who's style contradicts what we've had the last few years.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have heard this about Zimmer. He is not trying to make friends with players and some may not like his style. I wonder if this would be too much of a contract with Quinn's style for some players.
yeah we'll fall in love then by week 6 we'll call his defense trash

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"The connective tissue to the 90s squad Dallas has been trying to chase is there with Zimmer, but more than anything, he’s willing to teach players about defense to understand how their jobs tie into the other ten on the field—that’s something Dallas could use in 2024."

That and a few upgrades.
not enough time in this world to fix this

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The ones that can’t deal with it will go complain to Jerry … and Jerry will tell zimmer to lighten up … and so the cycle continues
loooooooooooooooooooooool this right here

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not enough time in this world to fix this
There is always time to fix a football problem. That is not the issue.

The issue is having the most qualified decision-makers address the problem in order to fix it with an optimum combination of coaching and players. It is an ever-perpetuating problem that has lingered in Dallas since March 1994.