Interesting Romo Stat

grogan6314

Reaction score
Since becoming a starter in 2006, he's only lost consecutive regular season games once. That was the last two games of the year. He usually bounces back well after a loss, lets hope this trend continuesh

Don Corleone

Reaction score
That is my beef with his schtick also. He can't seem to string good, solid, consistent games against good teams.

All this means is that he's consistently inconsistent.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2516622 said:
That is my beef with his schtick also. He can't seem to string good, solid, consistent games against good teams.

All this means is that he's consistently inconsistent.

What is Romo's career won-loss record and QB rating again? It's unbelievable how this guy is just judged so harshly. I wish Fasano and Crayton didn't drop his big time passes in the playoffs because we wouldn't be having these conversations.

followthestar

Reaction score
In a short yardage situation passing play, I'll bet Romo throws the ball more than 20 yards more often than any other QB. I know he likes the big play, but this is becoming my biggest issue with him. To sustain drives he needs to worry about picking up first downs, and OCCASIONALLY take shots deep instead of seemingly every time he rolls out or steps up in the pocket. There, I got that off my chest...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
BIGDen;2516782 said:
What is Romo's career won-loss record and QB rating again? It's unbelievable how this guy is just judged so harshly. I wish Fasano and Crayton didn't drop his big time passes in the playoffs because we wouldn't be having these conversations.

Don't remind me. It makes me sick to my stomach. All of these questions would be over and done with and we'd just be worried about getting in the playoffs and building on last year, but no, we sit here and ***** about our 100 career rating QB.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
People can't seem to get it through their heads that this team has been choking away December/playoff games for years now, not just with Romo.

They also can't get it through their heads that the entire team is to blame for the loss in the playoffs last year, and Romo played a pretty good game.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2517056 said:
People can't seem to get it through their heads that this team has been choking away December/playoff games for years now, not just with Romo.

They also can't get it through their heads that the entire team is to blame for the loss in the playoffs last year, and Romo played a pretty good game.

I don't get it. It seemed like last year when someone needed to just catch a damn ball that hit them in the hands, they couldn't. Last night, when we needed one more damn stop on defense, they couldn't. When we need the play that will put us over the top, it just doesn't happen consistently enough.

You can ***** and moan about those two interceptions last night, but the bottom line is that we still had a chance to win that game and when it came right down to it, we couldn't get the stop and get the ball back to our offense who would have scored and won that game.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Ozzu;2517071 said:
I don't get it. It seemed like last year when someone needed to just catch a damn ball that hit them in the hands, they couldn't. Last night, when we needed one more damn stop on defense, they couldn't. When we need the play that will put us over the top, it just doesn't happen consistently enough.

You can ***** and moan about those two interceptions last night, but the bottom line is that we still had a chance to win that game and when it came right down to it, we couldn't get the stop and get the ball back to our offense who would have scored and won that game.

Yup.
People sit here and talk about how bad Romo was. And yes, he didn't play a great game. Everyone knows that. But he led us back not once, but TWICE, making it look easy against a top-tier defense. And I bet you if we made them go 3-and-out on offense and we got the ball back, Romo takes us down for either a TD or FG. Easily.

ddh33

Reaction score
I've never seen Romo look as bad as he did on those two long runs last night. Man, he whiffed....

What's that? He doesn't play on that side of the ball? The defense let the Ravens score how much?

I don't know? I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I still believe that teams win and lose games. I thought Romo played really well in the fourth quarter. I thought the defense played really well the first three. If only they had played well together. But that's why it's a team sport.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2517080 said:
Yup.
People sit here and talk about how bad Romo was. And yes, he didn't play a great game. Everyone knows that. But he led us back not once, but TWICE, making it look easy against a top-tier defense. And I bet you if we made them go 3-and-out on offense and we got the ball back, Romo takes us down for either a TD or FG. Easily.
you're fooling yourself my friend...this loss went down the same way that the Arizona and Washington ones did...*****footing around on offense for whatever reason until the final three or four minutes of the game when an opposing defense is simply trying to prevent the big play...Dallas did this themselves against Pittsburgh...this play by Romo simply is'nt good enough...Romo needs to learn patience, game management and seeing the entire field...he always wants the big play, not the drive sustaining pass...he got outplayed by a rookie for heaven sakes...it's not what Romo did in the final three and a half minutes...it's what he did'nt do for the other 56 and change...football is a sixty minute game...the offense continues it's pitiful December performances of the past.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
ddh33;2517123 said:
I've never seen Romo look as bad as he did on those two long runs last night. Man, he whiffed....

What's that? He doesn't play on that side of the ball? The defense let the Ravens score how much?

I don't know? I guess I'm old-fashioned, but I still believe that teams win and lose games. I thought Romo played really well in the fourth quarter. I thought the defense played really well the first three. If only they had played well together. But that's why it's a team sport.

Romo made it looks easy in the 4th quarter when his back was against the wall. He made huge plays.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
kramskoi;2517134 said:
you're fooling yourself my friend...this loss went down the same way that the Arizona and Washington ones did...*****footing around on offense for whatever reason until the final three or four minutes of the game when an opposing defense is simply trying to prevent the big play...Dallas did this themselves against Pittsburgh...this play by Romo simply is'nt good enough...Romo needs to learn patience, game management and seeing the entire field...he always wants the big play, not the drive sustaining pass...he got outplayed by a rookie for heaven sakes...it's not what Romo did in the final three and a half minutes...it's what he did'nt do for the other 56 and change...football is a sixty minute game...the offense continues it's pitiful December performances of the past.

Trying to prevent the big plays?
They didn't do a very good job. You try to prevent big plays when you're up by a lot. Not when you're up nine points. We scored two easy touchdowns. The defense let up two easier touchdowns. End of story.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
grogan6314;2516608 said:
Since becoming a starter in 2006, he's only lost consecutive regular season games once. That was the last two games of the year. He usually bounces back well after a loss, lets hope this trend continuesh

Why would you want the trend to continue, It would mean he will blow it again in the playoff loss,

Ender

Reaction score
Maybe i saw a different game last night but i dont remember seeing Romo miss tackles that resulted in 160 yards on the final two plays. I thought i saw him bring us back within 2 points twice in the 4rth quarter. But maybe im tripping.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
followthestar;2517039 said:
In a short yardage situation passing play, I'll bet Romo throws the ball more than 20 yards more often than any other QB. I know he likes the big play, but this is becoming my biggest issue with him. To sustain drives he needs to worry about picking up first downs, and OCCASIONALLY take shots deep instead of seemingly every time he rolls out or steps up in the pocket. There, I got that off my chest...

The Cowboys have the 9th best percentage of converting on 3rd down. They are actually good there. It helps a lot to have a healthy Marion
Barber where you can actually run between the tackles and expect him to drive the pile if need be.

I think some of your frustration is probably recent and probably coincides with
Barber being hurt and your 3rd downs are a bit more of an adventure.

I can tell you he has 144 first down passes on the year and only 46 of those are over 20 yards so about 2/3 of his first down passes have been under 20 yard completions. I do not know his attempts however.

I'd also say when you need 8 yards a lot of times it is smarter to go for 30 than 9 because 9 to 12 yards is where most DBs will naturally defend.

MONT17

Reaction score
Just imagine if Romos greatness was in the first quarter and not the last 3 minutes... do you have any idea of what kind of stress 2 first quarter TDs will put on a rookie QB on a team fighting for the playoffs?

next time tell Romo to do it BEFORE the team gets down by 2 scores with 3 minutes left in the game!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ender;2517207 said:
Maybe i saw a different game last night but i dont remember seeing Romo miss tackles that resulted in 160 yards on the final two plays. I thought i saw him bring us back within 2 points twice in the 4rth quarter. But maybe im tripping.

No, I didn't see that either.

But I did see him miss 2 WIDE OPEN completions for TDs.

Also saw him throw 2 picks, 1 of which resulted in 3 points.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
grogan6314;2516608 said:

Tony has spit the bit frequently, including consecutive games to close out seasons. You quantified "regular" season to spin the stats and make them look better for Tony/Dallas....

2006 - 3 straight losses to close a season
http://football.about.com/od/schedules/a/06sched_DAL.htm
Dec 25 Philadelphia - L (7-23)
Dec 31 Detroit - L (31-39)
Wild Card Round
Jan. 6 at Seattle - L (20-21)

2007 - 2 straight losses to close a season
Dec 30 - at Washington - L (6-27)
Divisional Playoff - Sun, Jan 13 - NY Giants - L (17-21)
http://football.about.com/od/scheduler6/a/07sched_DAL.htm

2008 - already lost 2 of 3 finishing a season, in which he played terribly.

starchamber

Reaction score
Everyone is infatuated with Tony Romo the "stat generator". As far as fantasy football goes, he is great. But big game winner? not so good. Tell me this, what has his QB rating and win/loss record done to generate playoff wins and superbowl appearances? Tony Romo is starting to remind me of Elvis Grbac..but with a better looking girlfriend....

rwilliamsfan

Reaction score
followthestar;2517039 said:

EXACTLY. 'Nuff said.

You see this in defensive schemes against us lately as well. Short & medium range stuff over the middle has been wide because teams having been keying on the deep ball. And most of the middle of the field stuff has been further down in Tony's progressions.

We need some of these short/med routes to be the 1st look.