Interesting Romo Stat

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2517056 said:
People can't seem to get it through their heads that this team has been choking away December/playoff games for years now, not just with Romo.

They also can't get it through their heads that the entire team is to blame for the loss in the playoffs last year, and Romo played a pretty good game.

The 70 yard drive before halftime for a touchdown where our defense just let Eli Manning march down field in 45 seconds made me sick to my stomach.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2517341 said:
No, I didn't see that either.

But I did see him miss 2 WIDE OPEN completions for TDs.

Also saw him throw 2 picks, 1 of which resulted in 3 points.

I also saw him lead the offense to what would have been a comeback victory (if the defense could stop the slowest RB tandem in the NFL from breaking back to back 80 yard runs) and score the 3rd most points the Ravens defense has surrendered all season.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
rwilliamsfan;2517847 said:
EXACTLY. 'Nuff said.

You see this in defensive schemes against us lately as well. Short & medium range stuff over the middle has been wide because teams having been keying on the deep ball. And most of the middle of the field stuff has been further down in Tony's progressions.

We need some of these short/med routes to be the 1st look.

Romo's not the one calling the plays. If the play-call has everyone running deep, what's a QB to do? Try to make a play.

Red Jesus = a bum. Romo's still a 1/2-bum for not making the throw, but you can't blame the QB for everything.

rwilliamsfan

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2517853 said:
I also saw him lead the offense to what would have been a comeback victory (if the defense could stop the slowest RB tandem in the NFL from breaking back to back 80 yard runs) and score the 3rd most points the Ravens defense has surrendered all season.

Seriously? Our defense has been very, very good the past 5-6 weeks. But everything has its limits. You can't go 3-and-out THAT many times, and keep your D out there for THAT long.

Yeah, 2 back-to-back breaks was a bit ridiculous (and made me vomit in my mouth a little), but I really put a lot of that on the offensive failures.

Romo really needs to force himself to look over the middle of the field and for shorter routes earlier in his progressions. It is a pretty huge problem right now, and defenses are keying up on the deep ball.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Really? Back to back 80 yard runs by the slowest RB tandem in the NFL, when everyone in the stadium knew they were running, was a "bit ridiculous"? It was nothing less than a meltdown of historic proportions (no hyperbole, literally historic ... as in it's never been done before) and the laughing stock of the league.

Yes, the onus was on the defense to pull the game out (Lord knows that Romo has had to bail out the defense enough times in his career). That's what good defenses do in these games. Everyone knew this game was going to be a knock down, drag out, slobber knocker of a game. Anyone who thought the Cowboys were just going to march up and down the field and air out 30+ points against the Ravens defense probably doesn't follow football very much, so maybe I should just forgive people on basic ignorance of the NFL, but this game had all the makings of a defensive/field position game game from the outset. A game where the first team to 17 wins and 2-3 big plays decide the game. Too bad Jason Garrett doesn't know how to (or at least have the patience to) playcall that type of game, and too bad our defense collapses under the pressure of that kind of game.

30yrheel

Reaction score
blame this, blame that. fact is this a very flawed, almost dysfunctional team.
just think to yourself, how many other nfl games have you seen go down like some of the cowboy's games have?
i watch the games thinking the whole time- what are they going to do this time to p--- the game way?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You guys are all right. You're right. It's all Tony's fault. Let's get rid of him and give this team Quincy Carter back, or maybe Drew Bledsoe just to be a tad better, and see how well they do against the #2 defense in the NFL and how good a job they do of bringing us back twice Sunday while the defense is giving up 159 yards and 14 points on 2 plays.

But, yeah, clearly Romo sucks and he's the only reason, and the biggest reason, that we didn't win.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2517947 said:
Really? Back to back 80 yard runs by the slowest RB tandem in the NFL, when everyone in the stadium knew they were running, was a "bit ridiculous"? It was nothing less than a meltdown of historic proportions (no hyperbole, literally historic ... as in it's never been done before) and the laughing stock of the league.
it's laughable and pathetic

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
grogan6314;2516608 said:
Since becoming a starter in 2006, he's only lost consecutive regular season games once. That was the last two games of the year. He usually bounces back well after a loss, lets hope this trend continuesh
Let's hope this is true... because on top of things.. Dallas hasn't won a Week 17 game since 1999