Twitter: Interesting take on Garrett by Broaddus

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
7) Richard would demand accountability from the players and coaches.

While those are all good points, they're absolutely moot, if the failure of this defense is because of or partly because of Richard, as some believe.

We would find out, which is all you can ask at this point. I'd rather know now either way than be wondering after the season and changes are made. What if Richard goes on to be a great head coach elsewhere (ala Sean Payton) while we flounder under Jerry's next pick? What if Richard ends up being Jerry's next pick and is as bad as Jerry's current pick?

This is tryout time IMO, with a team that still has a chance to do something but needs for the ship to be righted. The circumstances are much better in that regard than most for interim or new coaches, so it's a good tryout. Obviously, being stuck with the current schemes does not make it the perfect tryout, but considering that we've been close in a few of our losses, it puts more of an onus on the head coach to make a difference, which is what we're wanting to see.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I believe this because if Jerry is finally replacing his friend then he’s going to go big at HC, IMO.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
need a coach that knows the college game can get dak to run more use more rpo but one that has skins on the wall as a college coach who will bring in his own staff and jerry needs to step back and let him coach'

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

If it didn’t come from Bryan Broaddus, I’d have written this off to comedy. So now he thinks that Jerry is afraid that Richard might actually save this season and then he’d be stuck with him? Really?

Keep in mind this comes from someone who worked at the Star for the past four years.

Hogwash rationalization. Could promote Marinelli instead. Obviously just a caretaker, but I'd expect an improvement with game management.

If true, Jerry's talk of a fairy book ending and focusing on winning the next game is complete BS. He's purposefully throwing in the towel out of spite.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly— I don’t see this team doing much with or without Garrett this season. The philosophy, schemes, and personnel packages will be in place regardless— so while firing Garrett would feel good and may cause a brief uptick in performance— it doesn’t suddenly turn this team into a legit contender.

At this point— the bed has been made— we have to lie in it through the end of the year. Barring a miraculous turnaround and highly unlikely playoff run and NFCCG berth— this is Garrett’s last ride.

He gets to go down with this ship. Either underachieving and utterly failing in his last year— or writing an improbable comeback story.

Either way— I will watch with morbid amusement as the good ship lollipop continues its fateful 10 year journey

I wholeheartedly agree.

I do not see any change in this team's performance for the last 4 games– with or without Garrett.

The team is the team and the schemes are the schemes.

Might as well let him finish this season out.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
So now Jerry is willing to throw away this season? It’s still not close to being over.

He wants so badly for Garret to go on this magical run.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Or maybe he just wants Garrett around as his Plan B in case this big fish doesn't bite.

Granted, some more losses might move Jason further down the alphabet, but I'll be surprised if Jerry can completely remove him from consideration. Winning out would probably get him a lot closer to returning than anyone wants to believe, even though 4 games shouldn't matter.

Techsass

Reaction score
I think changing coaches is more of a PR move to Jerry. He doesn't want to get rid of Jason, but it's been a steady drumbeat all season long on the local radio, etc. And now the national geezers have picked it up.

lockster

Reaction score
The key to screaming is to not do it all the time. Pick Ur spots. Parcells was really good at all types of motivation and expected accountability, this made up for his using slower players.