Interesting trade idea i have that won't happen

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Care to pickup that side of not knowing the real history of the earlier Cowboys?

Oh, I'm fairly well-versed on Cowboys history, but I don't know that I agree with you on the relevance of the rivalry with the 49ers these days as compared to years past. We simply haven't played many meaningful games with them in the last 20 years. Is there some rivalry? Yes, on the scale of that with Pittsburgh and the like, but that rivalry, too, has lost a lot of its luster. Rivalry is pretty much in the mind of the beholder, I guess, but if either team thought they could benefit from a trade with the other then I don't think a long ago rivalry would prevent them from pulling the trigger. I don't know much about much...that's just my take on it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh, I'm fairly well-versed on Cowboys history, but I don't know that I agree with you on the relevance of the rivalry with the 49ers these days as compared to years past. We simply haven't played many meaningful games with them in the last 20 years. Is there some rivalry? Yes, on the scale of that with Pittsburgh and the like, but that rivalry, too, has lost a lot of its luster. Rivalry is pretty much in the mind of the beholder, I guess, but if either team thought they could benefit from a trade with the other then I don't think a long ago rivalry would prevent them from pulling the trigger. I don't know much about much...that's just my take on it.

You don't get a rise from someone in the 7th Fleet caring less about someone in the 6th?

I am sure you are knee deep in Texas High School rivalries...that are very much alive today.

I have had deep respects to Viet Nam Vets who's only wish in Nursing Homes was someone to talk with...and have been carrying that around since the 80's...I think you understand.

I'm not about to give a pass to today's youth on pride and respect.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
It be nice but I don't see them getting rid of their young Star RB. Although for Leary it be a starter for starter trade.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
wont happen but it is interesting.

Kelly in SF, he likes the gimmick speed offense. Carlos Hyde is going to be reduced to Murray. If i was Dallas id offer up Leary and some other peices for him. Guy is young and IMO the best young back in the game.

I already proposed this idea about a month ago in the draft zone...

They hated it there :(

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So, you are saying that SF will let go of Hyde?

No, I'm saying if they let him go, they will to the team that provides the best value, and if it were us, then they would trade him to us without hesitation

Go back to sleep, Son...You are the one making tangent ideas about what would even be on the table. But DON'T understand the path and pride that Jerry possesses. Bottom line with him, is the value that the Cowboys receive through the process. But don't begin to sell Jerry short, or their traditions. Now run along...and boast some kind of preppie victory party.

Again, I have provided facts to show that Jerry has no problem trading with rivals, maybe you should provide one fact, besides the Cowboys represent America and the 49ers represent the gays, so there will be no trades...

Your off road journey involved Washington. And you did NOT provide the evidence if you were then, trying to gain favor with a contrived SF tendency to give a very strong running back for a venture with what is now a backup player for Dallas, Leary. Try again...

AS to Washington, where is the bridge there, also?

No. These were separate posts. I pointed out that Washington traded with us and even specified for DLawrence, which we all know was a second rounder. The entirely separate post, was because SF...the team that you don't think we can trade with...traded their 31st pick...for our 18th pick...

That's about as apples to apples as it gets. Yes I could have been a bit more clear in what I was talking about, but how you posted our draft history without realizing...that the 49ers...whom you claim we would not trade with...traded first round picks with us...thus your argument is invalid, is beyond me.

Feel free to respond with any facts, but facts only

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is how the actual trade with Washington went down:

As NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the day, Jerry Jones' club had been working the phones in the hours leading up to the second round. They ended up parting with the Nos. 47 and 78 overall picks to move up 13 spots, to get Lawrence.

As to the progressions...

http://i411.***BLOCKED***/albums/pp199/alimlad/Garfield-psd36963.pnghttp://i52.***BLOCKED***/albums/g10/beate_7/Garfield/image001.jpg http://i411.***BLOCKED***/albums/pp199/alimlad/Garfield-psd36963.png

It takes a really, really big cat to admit when he did the wrong thing.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Again, I have provided facts to show that Jerry has no problem trading with rivals, maybe you should provide one fact, besides the Cowboys represent America and the 49ers represent the gays, so there will be no trades...

I never breached that topic from the beginning, just not agreeing that there was fertile ground for a trade. As to the SF interests in this draft, they have even more needs than Dallas this year. They are not a likely trading partner.

The other factor for Jerry, is that already is high enough in this draft to make solid decisions as well as specific player acquisitions.

But for the record here, I would never discount Jerry's memory of prices paid along the way. Nope, just wouldn't discount that one.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think I'd bet a beer that you're wrong on Leary getting that tender.

I think if the Cowboys don't put a second round tender on Leary, that would be a bit surprising. He is too good to let walk, and they can't give a tender at original draft pick compensation because he was an undrafted free agent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if the Cowboys don't put a second round tender on Leary, that would be a bit surprising. He is too good to let walk, and they can't give a tender at original draft pick compensation because he was an undrafted free agent.

Exactly. He's getting that second round tender put on him this season. If he signs elsewhere, the Cowbiys get the pick, if not, they maintain excellent O-line depth. Win-win.