Interesting trade idea i have that won't happen

CCBoy

Reaction score
According to a new report from Matt Miller at Bleacher Report, Robert Nkemdiche's 2016 NFL Draft stock may be on the rise, notwithstanding his December crash through an Atlanta hotel room window and subsequent marijuana possession charge. Miller names both the San Diego Chargers and the Dallas Cowboys as two teams that have interest in the versatile defensive end, and with the No. 4 pick this April, Jerry Jones' club may very well grab a 6'4, 296 lbs. wrecking ball.

Here's what Miller has to say:

Teams in the top 5 are evaluating him like he's going to be a top-5 pick. Especially the Dallas Cowboys have been very, very involved, starting to get background information on him from trainers and from coaches, reaching out to that Ole Miss Staff. And also the San Diego Chargers. So you have teams picking there early in the draft who have a need for defensive tackle or for a five-technique defensive end in a 3-4 scheme. His athleticism is so, so appealing to be 6-4, 285 pounds and run like a tight end or a wide receiver, people are excited. I think we're going to continue to see his name move back up from where it was during the season. From what I've heard, it's one incident. It's something teams are going to be able to get over if he takes care of business between now and the NFL Draft.

All scouting on Big Rob naturally retreads concerns with his character and off-field comportment -- an unfortunate if not unfounded anxiety -- and any ownership should take seriously an emotional episode that could have ended in paralyzation or death. Still, the league has a knack for looking past such and worse flaws, especially Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys, who only now are airing vocal grievances with known woman-beater and former Rebel Greg Hardy.

The Cowboys had an abysmal 2015 season, going 4-12 overall with just two wins at home and the 22nd-ranked rush defense in the league. At 4-12 as well, the Chargers fared nothing better, ranking 20th in overall defense and 27th in rush defense.

Previous draft projections slated Nkemdiche into the mid-to-late teens of the first round, but with the Nos. 3 and 4 picks respectively, the Chargers and Cowboys could make an early play for a demonstrated five-technique powerhouse.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016...hargers?_ga=1.183905638.1562127145.1433257414

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jason Garrett advised the players at the Senior Bowl, to show what kind of player they were. That applies to Nkemdiche as well. The Senior Bowl and interaction with the Cowboys has been since the 1950's. And that wasn't lost on Jason Garrett as well.

Dodger12

Reaction score
missing your point here, im the one who said the two teams trade, and you are proving me right?

He is but instead of just admitting he may have been incorrect he'd rather deflect with the usual gibberish that no one can understand. Good call on the trades with Washington and SF. We also traded with the Eagles to draft Anthony Spencer which kind of surprised me at the time.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Jason Garrett advised the players at the Senior Bowl, to show what kind of player they were. That applies to Nkemdiche as well. The Senior Bowl and interaction with the Cowboys has been since the 1950's. And that wasn't lost on Jason Garrett as well.

Actually, it's the 1960's. Other than that decade, I don't think Dallas' coaches coached either side so I'm not sure what interaction you're referring to.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wont happen but it is interesting.

Kelly in SF, he likes the gimmick speed offense. Carlos Hyde is going to be reduced to Murray. If i was Dallas id offer up Leary and some other peices for him. Guy is young and IMO the best young back in the game.

Hyde and Tevin Coleman are two I have in mind if we trade Leary. Player for player isnt common, but I think we would get better value

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Lol, now how has the team advanced since then...Washington that is?

have we?

not sure the point here. that we don't trade w/rivals or when we do it doesn't work out.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
wont happen but it is interesting.

Kelly in SF, he likes the gimmick speed offense. Carlos Hyde is going to be reduced to Murray. If i was Dallas id offer up Leary and some other peices for him. Guy is young and IMO the best young back in the game.

Must be on his untapped ability, because his stats aren't eye popping.

Nation

Reaction score
Leary is a free agent and isn't going to get a 2nd round tender from us so this one couldn't happen.

CCBoy

Reaction score
have we?

not sure the point here. that we don't trade w/rivals or when we do it doesn't work out.

Now name me one thing that you really like about Washington...c'mon. You are about to kiss up to them right now, right?

I'll just rest your case right now, without a sidebar, guy...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Now name me one thing that you really like about Washington...c'mon. You are about to kiss up to them right now, right?

I'll just rest your case right now, without a sidebar, guy...

what the holy hell does one have to do with the other?

i like the fact they tell the PC crowd to to the humpty with themselves and won't change their name. happy now?

and you still mix and match examples based on your mood. we shouldn't trade w/rivals. oh but when we do, it didn't work for them so haha.

which is it, we don't? or it doesn't work out for them cause they're no better off? (even though we are no better off either really but hey, get your giggleshots in)

later, johnboy. i lost my ccboydecoder ring and just don't care to figure out what the hell you are saying anymore.

CCBoy

Reaction score

i like the fact they tell the PC crowd to to the humpty with themselves and won't change their name. happy now?

and you still mix and match examples based on your mood. we shouldn't trade w/rivals. oh but when we do, it didn't work for them so haha.

which is it, we don't? or it doesn't work out for them cause they're no better off? (even though we are no better off either really but hey, get your giggleshots in)

later, johnboy. i lost my ccboydecoder ring and just don't care to figure out what the hell you are saying anymore.

Wait, I'll just start talking crap and get a deicer going, like I always have an indignant morale crusade to start upon...Bud, I don't care if you give a flip now, to begin with...so?

I still hate the Commanders and don't feign that the organization doesn't know of the deep helmet to helmet intensities that were carried through prior to today. Jerry came through those rivalries, and has the hardware in his own home now.

Naw, go on your own crusade....se ya later.

Maybe YOU never heard the NFL sentiments upon Gays, and Aides that San Francisco went through in difference to America's team. Go ask Walt Garrison, or even Bob Lilly about the parameters then, about when Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas.

San Francisco, about four seasons ago, was being put up as far superior to Jerry Jones...you still on that kick as well?

Now get all insultive, start throwing insult, and do what you really do best...complain.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Actually, it's the 1960's. Other than that decade, I don't think Dallas' coaches coached either side so I'm not sure what interaction you're referring to.

Yep, I think Dallas coached that game one other time (1965?)...at any rate, the Cowboys didn't become a franchise until 1960.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Leary is a free agent and isn't going to get a 2nd round tender from us so this one couldn't happen.

I think I'd bet a beer that you're wrong on Leary getting that tender.

LandryFan

Reaction score

Something tells me you will regret (if you don't already) getting into this debate. :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Something tells me you will regret (if you don't already) getting into this debate. :D

later johnboy, goodnight johnboy, is my exit line. when it becomes that painful to try and understand someone i move on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
later johnboy, goodnight johnboy, is my exit line. when it becomes that painful to try and understand someone i move on.

You go out of your way to disappear a whole lot...must need something like glasses or a wife with wit.