Interesting Videos Thread

dsturgeon

Reaction score

A video from cern's sparks presentations 1 or 2 days ago. The dates and technology used is very interesting

triplets_93

Reaction score
Close up of the Chinese balloon being shot down by an F-22 with a single AIM-9X missile

nobody

Reaction score
Close up of the Chinese balloon being shot down by an F-22 with a single AIM-9X missile

Can we do a cost-benefit analysis of that? How much was that missile cause I bet that balloon was super cheap in comparison? Can we use something other than a $400k missile? Just saying.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dude YES! I love these kinds of videos. Especially drivers trying to drive on flooded/icy roads. Morons were put on this planet to entertain us!

nobody

Reaction score
Dude YES! I love these kinds of videos. Especially drivers trying to drive on flooded/icy roads. Morons were put on this planet to entertain us!

This was great! All the people watching like it's a spectator sport and cheering and laughing.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Can we do a cost-benefit analysis of that? How much was that missile cause I bet that balloon was super cheap in comparison? Can we use something other than a $400k missile? Just saying.
Seems like sort-of a demonstration or test. Maybe I've watched too many Hollywood movies, but there's no real explosion except for the balloon popping and a trail of smoke floating out the other side. Also, I guess it was the first thing the F-22 has shot down in the air. I guess if you need to try things out, may as well.

nobody

Reaction score
Seems like sort-of a demonstration or test. Maybe I've watched too many Hollywood movies, but there's no real explosion except for the balloon popping and a trail of smoke floating out the other side. Also, I guess it was the first thing the F-22 has shot down in the air. I guess if you need to try things out, may as well.
My son, who's really into jets and things says they didn't have a warhead on the missile, so it was 1) cheaper, and 2) safer. Still an expensive solution, but what can you do? They want to show off.

triplets_93

Reaction score
A deep dive into the chaos surrounding the new A.I. war between Microsoft and Google

triplets_93

Reaction score
When Alvin visited the wreck of the Titanic

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

This rare, uncut, and unnarrated footage of the wreck of Titanic marks the first time humans set eyes on the ill-fated ship since 1912 and includes many other iconic scenes. Captured in July 1986 from cameras on the human-occupied submersible Alvin and the newly built, remotely operated Jason Junior, most of this footage has never been released to the public.

Runtime: 1hr 21min

triplets_93

Reaction score
Here's what the push to "One-Man" freight train operations can lead to...
Train Wiped Out a Town - The Lac-Mégantic, Canada Disaster of 2013