Internal candidates for DC to interview Monday, external candidates on Tuesday

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Please stop. Name calling is just name calling. It's a middle school intelligence "argument" against, which means it's not actually an argument at all. Call out whatever negative there is to be said about a guy to be said. But do that. Insult is a nothing burger where intelligent adults are concerned. Call attention to substance.

You are the first person I have seen in my many years (a whole 26 of them) consider the word retreat an insult.

_sturt_

Reaction score
You are the first person I have seen in my many years (a whole 26 of them) consider the word retreat an insult.
(Spell check gotcha, I guess.)

I suppose I'm the clueless one... what about the term "retread" is somehow neutral even (... I'm assuming you're not suggesting it's meant in some positive way).

Regardless, what is unmistakable is that it's just a one word description that doesn't actually offer reason... reason... to consider a guy to be an inherently bad (or neutral) option.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Whitt can’t leave without the cowboys permission until his contract is done. Only for a HC job.
I believe any promotion above his current status makes him eligible to leave. Dan Quinn is only allowed to take 1 person with him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm surprised Whitt is being interviewed as it seemed it seemed pretty definitive he was headed to Washington. I presume Jerry, or someone else called him and said hey before making a final decision we would like to interview you for the DC role. Whitt who always wanted that gig with the Cowboys seems to have agreed.

Have to believe Whitt would be a front runner if that decision has been put on hold.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think if it's not Zimmer it will be an in house candidate.

Whitt is overly qualified to be a coordinator. It's just whether McCarthy wants to trust him in a make or break year.
Overly qualified? Wouldn’t that be someone who has not only been a coordinator but maybe even a head coach?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Suddenly, I'm persuaded that Whitt might be the leading candidate after all.

No, really.
Probably a better job that Washington. It would be his defense. In Washington it would be Quinns. The downside is McCarthy's contract means its a less secure job

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Is Monte Kiffin still around? That’s the level of hire I’m expecting out of big and little Enos.