Internet Gold via Doc Walker

jchap

Reaction score
It may not be up now (12:48 EST) but in about half an hour or so the weekly interview with Jason Campbell will be up at espn980.com. You MUST listen.

One of the hosts Doc Walker (who's notorious for homerism and who's hatred for the boys has prompted him to suggest the league should forcibly remove the team from Dallas) absolutely let Jason Campbell have it. He basically calls him too stupid to call his own plays and says the skin's coaching staff "treats (Campbell) like an infant". Campbell didn't even know how to respond but sheepishly agreed with him.

The awesome thing is that this snippet was just the tip of the iceberg. I set in my car at lunch in shock that Jason was taking all the crap Doc was talking. It's good for a laugh if nothing else, so I suggest everyone have a listen when its finally put up!

EDIT: It is up http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wtem/?d=AM#

Mike_45

Reaction score
Is this available for us to listen to? Because if so, I would love to hear it. I can just hear those gears turning in Campbells head very slowly.

My bad, I reread the original post, disregard. I just pulled a Jason Campbell.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
jchap;2428009 said:
It may not be up now (12:48 EST) but in about half an hour or so the weekly interview with Jason Campbell will be up at espn980.com. You MUST listen.

One of the hosts Doc Walker (who's notorious for homerism and who's hatred for the boys has prompted him to suggest the league should forcibly remove the team from Dallas) absolutely let Jason Campbell have it. He basically calls him too stupid to call his own plays and says the skin's coaching staff "treats (Campbell) like an infant". Campbell didn't even know how to respond but sheepishly agreed with him.

The awesome thing is that this snippet was just the tip of the iceberg. I set in my car at lunch in shock that Jason was taking all the crap Doc was talking. It's good for a laugh if nothing else, so I suggest everyone have a listen when its finally put up!

I think that's pretty unfair criticism. Campbell was playing very efficient football for most of this year. You didn't hear a word from Walker then.

It is not his fault he is their version of Quincy Carter.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;2428075 said:
I think that's pretty unfair criticism. Campbell was playing very efficient football for most of this year. You didn't hear a word from Walker then.

IMO he has been a bright spot for their Offense this year and he easily could have been a sore spot given how well Collins played for them last year in relief.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hostile;2428082 said:
IMO he has been a bright spot for their Offense this year and he easily could have been a sore spot given how well Collins played for them last year in relief.

Doc Walker has no room to talk. Jay Schroeder and Mark Rypien were more akin to Forrest Gump than Norman Einstein and he played with both of them and neither "called their own plays".

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Alexander;2428075 said:

Do you really think he is quincy carter?

I dont see that at all. Quincy was a pretty poor nfl qb. Campbell is light years better.

And I think he will get much better.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2428082 said:

Although I don't think Walker needs to rail on about the guy like that, cause I doubt he was doing it before.

The bright spot for that offense has been Clinton Portis and the defense...yes the defense has helped that offense.

Campbell has been playing the role that so many hated to hear the term used when Bill was here...Bus Driver.

But that is just my opinion.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
jchap;2428009 said:
He basically calls him too stupid to call his own plays and says the skin's coaching staff "treats (Campbell) like an infant". Campbell didn't even know how to respond but sheepishly agreed with him.

Wait.... did Doc call him stupid to his face?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2428125 said:
Although I don't think Walker needs to rail on about the guy like that, cause I doubt he was doing it before.

The bright spot for that offense has been Clinton Portis and the defense...yes the defense has helped that offense.

Campbell has been playing the role that so many hated to hear the term used when Bill was here...Bus Driver.

But that is just my opinion.
The difference in what you said and what I said is in the definite and indefinite article as qualifier.

I said "a bright spot," (indefinite article) not "the bright spot" (definite article).

If I was seeking to name the single most important piece of their Offensive puzzle it would be Portis. I still maintain that Campbell has been "a bright spot" and has exceeded expectations in many ways.

Reaction score
I'd say Campbell has done quite well considering the guy must learn a new offensive scheme every freaking year! and this is his first year with the West Coast offense, isn't it supposed to take several years before QBs become comfortable in the West Coast offense?

Alexander

Reaction score
theebs;2428106 said:
Do you really think he is quincy carter?

I dont see that at all. Quincy was a pretty poor nfl qb. Campbell is light years better.

And I think he will get much better.

I was referring to the low IQ allegations and the idea he has to have his hand held to play. He is a much better QB than Carter already. Carter could not go half a game without an interception much less half a season.

1fisher

Reaction score
JC... "We gotta get on a skreak"......... re: Winning streak :laugh2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Alexander;2428075 said:

I agree Al. I mean, I think Campbell will be a better player then was QC but still in all, I agree with you. Jason Campbell is a guy who has QBd Washington to a 6-4 record in the toughest division in football IMO. He's thrown 9 TDs and 3 INTs in the season so far. I mean, that's not great but that's also not too bad. If he continues to produce as he has in the 1st ten games, his numbers project to the following:

491 Atts, 317 Comp, 65% Comp. 14 TDs, 5 INTs. That's not bad considering the amount of sacks Washington is giving up, not to mention the number of hits and pressures and he has not given up one fumble. I mean, what do they want from this kid? Hard for me to hang this on Campbell. I'm certain he could be doing better but I've seen a great many, do a lot worse. I'd pick him up quick if I were a team in need of a QB. JMO.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2428289 said:
I agree Al. I mean, I think Campbell will be a better player then was QC but still in all, I agree with you. Jason Campbell is a guy who has QBd Washington to a 6-4 record in the toughest division in football IMO. He's thrown 9 TDs and 3 INTs in the season so far. I mean, that's not great but that's also not too bad. If he continues to produce as he has in the 1st ten games, his numbers project to the following:

491 Atts, 317 Comp, 65% Comp. 14 TDs, 5 INTs. That's not bad considering the amount of sacks Washington is giving up, not to mention the number of hits and pressures and he has not given up one fumble. I mean, what do they want from this kid? Hard for me to hang this on Campbell. I'm certain he could be doing better but I've seen a great many, do a lot worse. I'd pick him up quick if I were a team in need of a QB. JMO.

Didn't Romo have that many TDs in six games?

Campbell's TD numbers are very low. You would ideally want a QB to make a few more plays than that over an entire season. Especially if that QB is taking every snap. That's 35 attempts per TD and on avg that is less than one per game. That's not enough to be a winning QB in this league. Well, not enough to build a team around...

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I didn't listen to the interview, but if the summation of it is accurate, shame on Doc Walker. It's totally unfair to put a player on the spot like that, especially a good kid like Jason Campbell.

The problem with Campbell is he's an average talent who's played about as well as he can so far this year. Portis and the defense carry that team, and the best Campbell can do is to play a conservative, mistake-free brand of football.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
this thread needs more hate, to much feeling sorry for Quincy Campbell

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2428402 said:
this thread needs more hate, to much feeling sorry for Quincy Campbell

Word. Campbell is a bus driver. The kid never scares a defense because he always seems like he's waiting on something instead of just firing the football.

Plus he's a horrible singer...

[youtube]PDZcqBgCS74[/youtube]

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2428517 said:
Word. Campbell is a bus driver. The kid never scares a defense because he always seems like he's waiting on something instead of just firing the football.

Plus he's a horrible singer...

[youtube]PDZcqBgCS74[/youtube]

A bus driver yes, and its not even a new bus or a tour bus, its like an old church bus that only gets used on occasion
550_Resolute%20church%20bus%20600%205%2029%5B1%5D.07.jpg