Introductions

Anguillidae

Reaction score
Hi, all!

I’m also relatively new to this board. I’ve been reading it for over a year though.

My name is Andreas, I’m 27 years old, and I live in Denmark (that small country in Europe president Bush has just visited).

The very first football I ever saw was in 1992. It was highlights of the NFC Championship game (football was not a big thing in Denmark back then and they only showed the Super Bowl live). I liked the sport and of cause I instantly became a Cowboys fan – and I have been that ever since no matter what.

I like this board a lot – it’s the first thing I read when I turn on my computer. I especially appreciate those who post articles and write down radio interviews – it makes it easy to stay updated.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
preacher238 said:
Hey Tom! Welcome from Sunny Clovis, NM and Cannon AFB! Good to see another USAF Airman who is also a Boys fan! Where are you currently stationed? PM me if you want to!

Hello there Clovis! I grew up 30 miles to the east of there in a little town in west Texas. I live in Vegas now so it just kind of caught my attention to see Clovis mentioned.

Also, thank all of you current/past military people that have/are serving. People such as yourselves are what makes this country the greatest! Thank a million times over for the sacrifices you and your families make/made for us. God Bless the USA!

SweCowboy

Reaction score
Anguillidae said:
Hi, all!

I’m also relatively new to this board. I’ve been reading it for over a year though.

My name is Andreas, I’m 27 years old, and I live in Denmark (that small country in Europe president Bush has just visited).

The very first football I ever saw was in 1992. It was highlights of the NFC Championship game (football was not a big thing in Denmark back then and they only showed the Super Bowl live). I liked the sport and of cause I instantly became a Cowboys fan – and I have been that ever since no matter what.

I like this board a lot – it’s the first thing I read when I turn on my computer. I especially appreciate those who post articles and write down radio interviews – it makes it easy to stay updated.

Wow. A fellow scandinavian on the board. My name is David and I'm 27 years old. I live in the southern part of Sweden where I study at the Lund institute of technology and Lund University. I started playing football in 91 (2nd place in swedish national championship for boys under 16 in 94. Though there where only three teams competing. :p: ) and started to watch football around then as well. Became a cowboys fan in 92 when I beet a friend 10 skr after about 4 games that the Cowboys would win the SB that year. And have stayed a Cowboys fan since.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anguillidae said:
Hi, all!

Welcome...I like seeing fans of the cowboys from different countries.

Don't be shy and post more. :cool:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Anguillidae said:
Hi, all!

Just down the road from ya in Germany... been to Copenhagen 4X even got married in Denmark...Had a great time everytime I was there except when I got Married...a couple of Tubourg beers sitting in a pub and the next thing ya now I would have some new friends...great place glad to see we have some Cowboy fans there..

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
SweCowboy said:
Wow. A fellow scandinavian on the board. My name is David and I'm 27 years old. I live in the southern part of Sweden where I study at the Lund institute of technology and Lund University. I started playing football in 91 (2nd place in swedish national championship for boys under 16 in 94. Though there where only three teams competing. :p: ) and started to watch football around then as well. Became a cowboys fan in 92 when I beet a friend 10 skr after about 4 games that the Cowboys would win the SB that year. And have stayed a Cowboys fan since.

LOL I know this is gonna sound like a broke record but I was in both Sweden and Norway for a couple of months not near enough time to get to know everything I would have liked to have know but fantastic place did some fishing while I was there had a great time and though it was pretty darn cold the people were very warm... had I know I would be able to talk about American Football...nah there was a lot more interesting things to talk about at the time...

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
LOL Zaxor....

Well, me be Cannonball44. a.k.a. Jermaine, still in highschool (its great cuz I get to play football)

military brat, in Korea right now, parents in the army. I come here for "serious" conversations but spend most of my time at the ranch. I'm an anti-matt Jones, pro Keith Davis cowboy fan since the 98 season(my first year playing football) I think we shoulda kept Quincy and AB and we don't need a FS, or a WR.(this season)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
LOL Zaxor....

Well, me be Cannonball44. a.k.a. Jermaine, still in highschool (its great cuz I get to play football)

military brat, in Korea right now, parents in the army. I come here for "serious" conversations but spend most of my time at the ranch. I'm an anti-matt Jones, pro Keith Davis cowboy fan since the 98 season(my first year playing football) I think we shoulda kept Quincy and AB and we don't need a FS, or a WR.(this season)

A place I have never been...nor any of the asian countries yet...but I hope to go someday...enjoy the travels my friend...they are a wonderful experence if you take advantage of them...

can't say I agree with ya on Q or AB or that we don't need a FA or a WR LOL...

but we will see how it plays this year I can't wait for camp to start

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
well Zaxor, I have to get to bed soon... its 2:44am and I have work at 8.

but basically, they should've kept QC, and the second he got suspended, cut his ***. THEN bring Vinny in. same difference, except Vinny's arm lasts a little longer and Henson's name never pops up.

AB- *sigh* I'm REALLY hoping for Morgan to prove me wrong, but I see AB as a (potential)#1 receiver who had some gripes. I see Morgan as.... well, not much. (But I hope he proves me wrong.)

The receiver situation, I'm fine with our starting three and IMHO I think Crayton is CURRENTLY good enough to be on par with Morgan, and would have no problems being a #2 receiver if needed be.

FS- the only reason this thing isn't open shut is becuz of Keith's speial teams abilities, if it wasn't for that Bill would start him immediately. He basically said so himself. Therefore I don't see the need for Reese other than insurance/depth and another reason to keep Davis on ST racking up tackles.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Just down the road from ya in Germany... been to Copenhagen 4X even got married in Denmark...Had a great time everytime I was there except when I got Married...a couple of Tubourg beers sitting in a pub and the next thing ya now I would have some new friends...great place glad to see we have some Cowboy fans there..

Been to Tivoli gardens, thats a cool place. Rained all day there tho.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Been to Tivoli gardens, thats a cool place. Rained all day there tho.
Yeah it rained a couple times I was there too but I still had a great time did you also go see the little mermaid...I love seeing the old clipper ships in the harbor also

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
I myself am pretty new to the board as I see many are. My name is actually Rob and I work for an aerospace company. I'm 37 and have been a Cowboys fan since 1978/79. The first game I ever watched with interest was Dallas vs the Rams. I picked Dallas because of the star and my brother liked the Ram's helmet. Both of us are still fans of those teams today!

ndanger

Reaction score
Welcome DB05, you will find this is the best board in the solar system I'm sure.However we do have some alien creatures lurking around.Good luck welcome and Thank you for serving our solar system. :cool:

preacher238

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan said:
Hello there Clovis! I grew up 30 miles to the east of there in a little town in west Texas. I live in Vegas now so it just kind of caught my attention to see Clovis mentioned.

Also, thank all of you current/past military people that have/are serving. People such as yourselves are what makes this country the greatest! Thank a million times over for the sacrifices you and your families make/made for us. God Bless the USA!
Muleshoe, Bovina, Friona??

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
CIWhitefish said:
I myself am pretty new to the board as I see many are. My name is actually Rob and I work for an aerospace company. I'm 37 and have been a Cowboys fan since 1978/79. The first game I ever watched with interest was Dallas vs the Rams. I picked Dallas because of the star and my brother liked the Ram's helmet. Both of us are still fans of those teams today!

Welcome Rob,

and blessed by the football gods you were to have seen Staubach play

Anguillidae

Reaction score
SweCowboy said:
Nice to meet a fellow Scandinavian. I have lived and worked for six months in Stockholm. I have not been to Lund, but I have heard a lot of good things about the University.

bfelt

Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
LOL Zaxor....

Another Cowboys fan in Korea? I don't suppose you're in Seoul? I'm here for the summer teaching at an English college prep school near Seoul National University. Know of any places where we can catch the preseason games in August?

I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself to the board. Although I've posted only a handful of times, I'm on the forums every day without exception, so I'm already familiar with many of the names around here. My name is Ben and I'm on the verge of turning twenty. I'm now a junior at Yale University in New Haven, CT, so during the school year I'm stuck with Giants and Patriots fans all around me. I actually dated a girl my freshman year whose roommate was the granddaughter of Robert Tisch (co-owner of the Giants). Yale isn't all full of stuck-up New Yorkers and Bostonians, though: some of my best friends are Cowboys fans from El Paso.

As for me, I grew up in the heart of Bills country: Rochester, NY. When I was seven years old and everyone around me was hyped up for the Bills to finally win in the big game, Super Bowl XXVII, I decided I would be the little rebel child and root for the Cowboys. I haven't stopped being a fan since. Emmitt is my favorite of all the Cowboys I've watched, but the current object of my admiration is Dat. I've only seen the Cowboys play in person when they played the Bills in the preseason in Toronto in August '95 and when they played in Buffalo in fall '96. I'm hoping to make it to DAL @ NYG this year, but it might be financially prohibitive.

You all have a great community here and I look forward to contributing more in the future. Thank you for the hospitality!

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Welcome Rob,

and blessed by the football gods you were to have seen Staubach play

Thanks. I do count myself blessed. They were never out of a game when he played. That's the great thing about the Cowboys, the rich history.