Twitter: IR to Return Players

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yikes, I guess Bossmans injury was worse than they were letting on.
I hope they dont put joseph on IR. He needs to be getting reps soon as the minor groin pull is right

Could just being cautious, make sure he is fully healed, so it does not linger all season long.
It is not like he was going to get a lot of playing time the 1st 3 to 5 games anyway.

Brown and Lewis will get most of those reps. And Wright seemed to be ahead of him as well, and Canady.
IMO, 3 weeks will be good for him.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Could just being cautious, make sure he is fully healed, so it does not linger all season long.
It is not like he was going to get a lot of playing time the 1st 3 to 5 games anyway.

Brown and Lewis will get most of those reps. And Wright seemed to be ahead of him as well, and Canady.
IMO, 3 weeks will be good for him.

why on earth would a second round pick the 44th pick in the draft not be expected to play in the first 5 weeks of the season.

Do you understand what you are saying here? You are saying the team is so good that it doesn't need THE 44TH Pick in the draft to suit up and help them. This is insane.

to go one step further. The cowboys had five picks in the top 100 and they used them all on defense and it looks like Only parsons will be a regular and osa will be a role player. Wright will probably be inactive on gameday. So once again 5 top 100 picks used on defense and the games are a week away and the team is going to be batting what looks to be 1.5 out of five.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why on earth would a second round pick the 44th pick in the draft not be expected to play in the first 5 weeks of the season.

Do you understand what you are saying here? You are saying the team is so good that it doesn't need THE 44TH Pick in the draft to suit up and help them. This is insane.

to go one step further. The cowboys had five picks in the top 100 and they used them all on defense and it looks like Only parsons will be a regular and osa will be a role player. Wright will probably be inactive on gameday. So once again 5 top 100 picks used on defense and the games are a week away and the team is going to be batting what looks to be 1.5 out of five.

Because he is still raw. He needs some more time. It is not insane at all. Have you seen him stand out in any of the PS games? Not that they really mean anything. But anyone to expect him to start because of his draft status, after a not so great TC, well that may be insane also.

I like him, I think he will be very good, but not right now. It took Diggs until later in the year to become the starter last season. And mostly due to injuries. Joseph will be fine, just not yet.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Because he is still raw. He needs some more time. It is not insane at all. Have you seen him stand out in any of the PS games? Not that they really mean anything. But anyone to expect him to start because of his draft status, after a not so great TC, well that may be insane also.

I like him, I think he will be very good, but not right now. It took Diggs until later in the year to become the starter last season. And mostly due to injuries. Joseph will be fine, just not yet.
This is a logical, measured response.

Good post.

Right now, we have Diggs and Brown that will start. Unless he set the world on fire, there was no way Joseph was going to beat out either guy. Jordan Lewis is going to man the slot, and Canady had a very good camp. There is no reason to panic and rush Joseph back before he is ready. We also have other players to make decisions on.....I'm sure we are trying to maximize the number of players we can keep. So, putting him on IR for three games is a pretty solid decision.

MikeB80

Reaction score

ok. Again you are justifying the front office yet again using a 2nd round pick that is not going to help them right away. The 44th pick should be on the field in some way (injuries aside) helping your team in regular season games. He had few starts in college but he is in no way a developmental player and if he was/is what is a team with a bad defense doing drafting him at 44.

I vividly remember in 2005 when Kevin Burnett was drafted at 2-42, The locals and the fan base crucified him because he didn't end up starting and battled injuries all season before finally going to IR.

so what is the difference. Why is the bar so low now?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok. Again you are justifying the front office yet again using a 2nd round pick that is not going to help them right away. The 44th pick should be on the field in some way (injuries aside) helping your team in regular season games. He had few starts in college but he is in no way a developmental player and if he was/is what is a team with a bad defense doing drafting him at 44.

I vividly remember in 2005 when Kevin Burnett was drafted at 2-42, The locals and the fan base crucified him because he didn't end up starting and battled injuries all season before finally going to IR.

so what is the difference. Why is the bar so low now?

It is not set low. Where do you get that.
It was even said when he was drafted, he needs more experience. Burnett is a bad example, how is that even related. It was a long time ago and a different situation. Did he start out 100% healthy, as where Joseph is not? Then Burnett's injuries set in. Well, dang, fans whine about everything, who. knew. Just look at all the whining about Dak and his shoulder.
I am not even going to try to explain it again. I have better things to do.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news is that players in the covid protocol don't count against your 53 man roster so it should help get players through the waiver wire by keeping on the 53

Exactly, as well, get a few to the IR. Then make the final moves. There are 4 on the list. And I seen something about they have until Thursday before they are eligible to come off the list. if they can.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It is not set low. Where do you get that.
It was even said when he was drafted, he needs more experience. Burnett is a bad example, how is that even related. It was a long time ago and a different situation. Did he start out 100% healthy, as where Joseph is not? Then Burnett's injuries set in. Well, dang, fans whine about everything, who. knew. Just look at all the whining about Dak and his shoulder.
I am not even going to try to explain it again. I have better things to do.

saying the 44th pick in the draft is not needed for 3 to 5 weeks anyway is stating one of two things.

Either the team is so talented he will have to fight for playing time or he is not really that good and they are just hoping he can play.

The bar is very very very low.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hope we don't do that to Joseph, he needs to play like Diggs did early. Even if he gets beat a couple times. It's how Diggs learned. Joseph certainly has the talent... Anthony Brown does not. Jourdan Lewis is alright, he makes plays, I don't think he'll ever be elite but he makes plays. Anthony Brown just gives up plays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
saying the 44th pick in the draft is not needed for 3 to 5 weeks anyway is stating one of two things.

Either the team is so talented he will have to fight for playing time or he is not really that good and they are just hoping he can play.

The bar is very very very low.

NO, it is saying give him time to be 100% healthy. What is so wrong with that. Then you avoid the Burnett situation, of it bothering him all season long. Only to lose him permanently to IR for the season. 3 games, or or 5, is not doing him harm to his development at all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope we don't do that to Joseph, he needs to play like Diggs did early. Even if he gets beat a couple times. It's how Diggs learned. Joseph certainly has the talent... Anthony Brown does not. Jourdan Lewis is alright, he makes plays, I don't think he'll ever be elite but he makes plays. Anthony Brown just gives up plays.

Wrong about Brown, he can play decent. Not great but not horrible. He is serviceable until Joseph or Wright is ready. If need be the can put Lewis at CB and Brown in the slot.
Don't eat the cheese in here of the haters. :lmao: