Twitter: IR to Return Players

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Wrong about Brown, he can play decent. Not great but not horrible. He is serviceable until Joseph or Wright is ready. If need be the can put Lewis at CB and Brown in the slot.
Don't eat the cheese in here of the haters. :lmao:
I'm not eating the cheese. I've watched #30 since 2016, and sadly 2016 was probably his best year. Ever since then he's been mediocre at best, whether outside or from the slot. He's just not very good, that's all.

Lewis is quite effective from the slot or in a dime role. He grabs and holds a bit, but at least he gives his all. I'd rather roll with Joseph or Wright on the outside (depending on match ups) and Lewis and potentially Canady in the nickel and dime roles. Brown can save us money if cut or traded.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not eating the cheese. I've watched #30 since 2016, and sadly 2016 was probably his best year. Ever since then he's been mediocre at best, whether outside or from the slot. He's just not very good, that's all.

Lewis is quite effective from the slot or in a dime role. He grabs and holds a bit, but at least he gives his all. I'd rather roll with Joseph or Wright on the outside (depending on match ups) and Lewis and potentially Canady in the nickel and dime roles. Brown can save us money if cut or traded.

I would be ok if they traded him. And won't complain if released. But I do feel he has some value here. I feel he is still the best option for CB for the 1st 3 games or so.

waving monkey

Reaction score
why on earth would a second round pick the 44th pick in the draft not be expected to play in the first 5 weeks of the season.

Do you understand what you are saying here? You are saying the team is so good that it doesn't need THE 44TH Pick in the draft to suit up and help them. This is insane.

to go one step further. The cowboys had five picks in the top 100 and they used them all on defense and it looks like Only parsons will be a regular and osa will be a role player. Wright will probably be inactive on gameday. So once again 5 top 100 picks used on defense and the games are a week away and the team is going to be batting what looks to be 1.5 out of five.
Cox wasnt a hit?

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Wrong about Brown, he can play decent. Not great but not horrible. He is serviceable until Joseph or Wright is ready. If need be the can put Lewis at CB and Brown in the slot.

I would be ok if they traded him. And won't complain if released. But I do feel he has some value here. I feel he is still the best option for CB for the 1st 3 games or so.
no... Diggs is clearly our #1 franchise CB... and Lewis is better than Brown. Brown is the Tyrone Crawford of CBs. Progress stopper and overpaid.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

no... Diggs is clearly our #1 franchise CB... and Lewis is better than Brown. Brown is the Tyrone Crawford of CBs. Progress stopper and overpaid.

I meant best option opposite Diggs. As for experience. But I would not mind Lewis at CB to start. Brown in the slot. As a few years ago, Brown did beat out Lewis in TC for the slot position.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Cox wasnt a hit?

He wasn't taken in the top 100 which I was referring to.

and to answer the question he looks to be destined to be inactive on gamedays all year. If so is that a draft hit that helps your team?

now if he is active and plays and makes plays and sends smith to the waiver wire I would say yes.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I meant best option opposite Diggs. As for experience. But I would not mind Lewis at CB to start. Brown in the slot. As a few years ago, Brown did beat out Lewis in TC for the slot position.
Only because he's taller. Which is weird because even the best Seattle defense L.O.B. teams kept a smaller slot corner like Thurmond and then Coleman.

I'd like Nahshon Wright to eventually earn a starting outside spot, he's the perfect fit for the scheme. I liked Chris Westry too but we let him go after we fired Kris Richard.

Reactions: BAT

lkelly

Reaction score
Groins can be tricky.

Taking 4 weeks off isn’t terrible for his development IMO.
Hopefully Joseph is thinking of changing his stage name from Bossman Fat to Tricky Groin. The latter would seem to be more chick magnety.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He wasn't taken in the top 100 which I was referring to.

and to answer the question he looks to be destined to be inactive on gamedays all year. If so is that a draft hit that helps your team?

now if he is active and plays and makes plays and sends smith to the waiver wire I would say yes.

Trust me. Cox will be active on game day unless he gets injured.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Trust me. Cox will be active on game day unless he gets injured.

5 linebackers active on gameday? Neal, Parsons, LVE Smith and Cox?

ok I will trust you. The only scenario i can see him active is for special teams since smith probably will end up struggling with that if he actually does it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don’t get waiting for LB Bernard. Availability is a key for players like that on the fringe. Go get some LB who can actually practice and play not some guy re-aggravating a hamstring.

Cut Bernard and watch how quickly that hammy heals.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
5 linebackers active on gameday? Neal, Parsons, LVE Smith and Cox?

ok I will trust you. The only scenario i can see him active is for special teams since smith probably will end up struggling with that if he actually does it.

Cox has more value on game day than Jaylon.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Are they? Probably not. No way I am sitting Parsons, Neal, LVE, or Cox for Smith. But, I don’t make the decisions.

you just told me Trust Me they are not making cox inactive. Make up your mind.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Corners get such a tough break....they can literally play good coverage all game but if they get beat deep once or twice than they suck lol.....Not saying that's Brown but his poor play is exaggerated....