IRS Scam Calls

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I get these all the time. Hopefully they catch this guy and give him life in prison with plenty of *** raping. btw, I NEVER answer my home phone.

Unfortunately, it was my cell phone lol, but yeah, hopefully they'll catch the jerk that tried to spam me. I'm just glad that I was able to retain the phone number so that I could report whoever did it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’ve gotten the irs scam calls before. It’s so obvious that I feel bad when people get duped.

The one that make me laugh is the Microsoft scam call.

Oh, no doubt, but it's always fun to turn the tables on them. Want to spam me? Okay, then I'll just report you to the REAL IRS.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hopefully that will have more effect than the Donotcall.gov site, what a freakin' joke. That is nothing more than giving the illusion they're actually doing something when they do nothing. And I mean nothing, try following up with them.

That's not to say all of them are like that, I have found the SSA and IRS sites and people to be very helpful. But before they did the DNC site, I was getting maybe 3 of these calls a week, now it is at least 3 a day. Hell, I think the robo callers are tied into the DNC site. Register your number and sit back and wait for the calls to come pouring in.

I actually did that, and yeah, I regret it. So much for the government do not call list lol. Hopefully my reporting them to the IRS will finish the spammers off.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I got a scam call like this about a week ago.

I told them to send me the paperwork via mail, or set up a meeting with their local office so I could bring my lawyer to discuss it.

Pretty much ended the conversation.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I was called a few years back and ended up calling the number back. The moron on the other end who spoke like he was from India, didn't answer the phone like someone at the IRS (which I had already known wouldn't). I lit into that touchhole and he ended up telling me ffffff you. I laugh every time I tell that story.
I prank called them a couple of years ago when I was stuck in a hotel for work. It was a good way to pass the time. I have them recorded, but can’t post them due to profanity.

John813

Reaction score
I don't answer phone calls lol.

Unless your # pops up as a client, family or friend, you better leave a VM.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
These scam calls are getting out of control. Seems they started up about 2014 and have since been running rampant since then. From IRS scam calls to all these others like claiming you have a vacation to redeem or how or how to get out of debt. And it does not matter if you register your number to the DoNotCall registry. Those are only for legit telemarketers. These people doing this are not legit but they are all set up overseas so they can't really regulate or punish them.

Another one coming up lately is a number very similar to yours calls. Same area code and first 3 digits of your number. I have even heard of people getting a call from their exact number. It is very easy for them to spoof numbers. I have about 60-70 numbers on my Auto Reject list. It helps slightly but they just keep creating new ones to call from. I just keep auto rejecting those as well.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
These scam calls are getting out of control. Seems they started up about 2014 and have since been running rampant since then. From IRS scam calls to all these others like claiming you have a vacation to redeem or how or how to get out of debt. And it does not matter if you register your number to the DoNotCall registry. Those are only for legit telemarketers. These people doing this are not legit but they are all set up overseas so they can't really regulate or punish them.

Another one coming up lately is a number very similar to yours calls. Same area code and first 3 digits of your number. I have even heard of people getting a call from their exact number. It is very easy for them to spoof numbers. I have about 60-70 numbers on my Auto Reject list. It helps slightly but they just keep creating new ones to call from. I just keep auto rejecting those as well.

I agree, and it's horrible! Just over the last 3 weeks, I was getting a minimum of 3 spam calls (not Fake-IRS related at the time) daily. My best friend's GF is a pre-law student, so I asked her if there was any legal action that I could take against them, and she said that it would be unlikely since it is hard to find who these telemarketers even are to bring them to court. Even if you do manage to bring them to court, it's a very lengthy process, and is often not worth the cost of taking such action against them.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
And then there was this......

zSeQTOJ.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got a call from someone telling me I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about. I did a reverse search and it was someone named Jason Garrett!!!!!

The fake Jason Garrett's are easy to spot with the Indian accents, my friend.

You might have got the real deal. Did he say he'd fight you on the field, in the parking lot, or on the moon by any chance?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't even answer the phone if the number isn't in my contacts. I can't. I get a few calls per day, it seems. Sometimes it dies down, but then I'll start getting calls again. For some reason, "Google" thinks I own a business and they want to help me out. Also, for the last 3 years I have received a call about my student loans that says I need to "act now" or I will miss my chance.

There has to be a way that service providers can filter out calls that are clearly spoofed. I've heard of people receiving calls from their own telephone number. I've also heard of some random scam where someone calls and hangs up immediately. When the unsuspecting person calls back, they are unknowingly dialing a pay-per-call number and get charged like $20. Literally, the phone call equivalent of the predatory ringtone BS that used to scam people.

I'm on the "Do Not Call" list and have been for 10+ years. It's basically toilet paper at this point because the people calling aren't even in the US and they'll just register another spoof number to try again. Be nice if the FTC would put a little work in and force service providers to figure this out.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fake Jason Garrett's are easy to spot with the Indian accents, my friend.

You might have got the real deal. Did he say he'd fight you on the field, in the parking lot, or on the moon by any chance?
Lol!! He told me I wasn't the RKG!!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I got a call from someone telling me I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about. I did a reverse search and it was someone named Jason Garrett!!!!!
It was Jerry using Jason's phone