Twitter: Irvin: If Cowboys clean up penalties, they will be chasing the undefeated 1972 Dolphins

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

This....more than anything....is a reflection on the genius of Jerry Jones. Jerry's demeanor. Jerry's talking points. Jerry's salesmanship. Has annually convinced the masses that this team is always "1 thing away" from the Super Bowl. Never mind we have not qualified for the conference title game in almost 30 years. Of course I hope it happens. But as I reflect over the years....as I reflect on "we have the best backup QB in the NFL"....or "we have the best WR corps in the NFL"..."special teams were bad last year, that's why we had a special teams draft" or "we have the best OL in football"....we simply are a three ring circus with fan(antics) and ex-Cowboy palyers spread across multiple media platforms all parroting the loudest carnival barker mankind has ever known (you know who I am talking about).

I wish we could just get back to being a football organization. The one Jimmy built. I know it's not the 90s....so I am not requesting that blueprint. But what I am asking for is an organization whose #1 priority is drafting and curating a culture centered on football....not TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starfan1

Reaction score
Love the Playmaker and his homerism but this won’t be the #1 offense. Not with the center of the line leaking like a sieve and only one healthy play making WR. I don’t see more than 9-10 wins tops and that’s IF the D is top 10 and IF we clean up the penalties and IF we find a legit kicker.
they were #1 last year with the same center position leaking along with left guard. Its not a strech for it to happen again

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If they fix the penalties they make the playoffs
Irvin needs to have his head or pee examined

They did make the playoffs last year despite the penalities, I would have higher aspirations too if they fix the penalities. Undefeated though, I highly doubt that.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I think Irvin is being right on brand...for him.

He throws out these outrageous homerisms and then gets signed up to go toe to toe with SAS on TV. Sounds like he is doing a good job.

JayFord

Reaction score
If Dallas ever decides to play 4 quarters worth of football they can go undefeated

but when you spend 3 quarters playing baseball, rugby, fishing and polo then in the 4th decide to play football youre not going to beat the best of the best

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I laughed so hard after reading this title. Ahh good ole Mike, then at the end of the season he goes into super defensive-angry mode. Like clockwork.

Aven8

Reaction score
Had we had a consistent kicker last year we had HFA for sure…..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
rick-james-cocaine.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they fix the penalties they make the playoffs
Irvin needs to have his head or pee examined

actually, made the playoffs at 12-5 with a league leading penalty's, not much of stretch with an improved defense if they fix the penalty's they go a lot further.

you have 14 penalties, lose by only 6 to the 9ers

id say MI is onto something..:thumbup::popcorn: