News: Irvin on OBJ

phildadon86

Reaction score

Cowboys93

Reaction score
The ball seems to be in Jerry’s court. Let’s see if he’s still got that gambler’s itch or if his old age has made him gun shy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There are going to be some disappointed folks if he doesn't sign with the Cowboys ........not sure I've seen this much OPEN recruiting of one player during in the middle of the season....goodness (lol)

phildadon86

Reaction score
OBJ is a knucklehead. TO at least had the talent.
OBJ was (I believe) the fastest WR to 200 catches ever in football. Also the fastest player to 3500 yards in the history of football.

I believe that also includes TO since he is part of that history. And OBJ did that with Eli Manning. So say what you want about OBJ but talent isn't something he lacked.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Will he make the team better? Sure but how much better? To give him a multi year contract he needs to make them much better, I'm not sure after two torn ACL's he is even close to the same receiver everyone remembers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will he make the team better? Sure but how much better? To give him a multi year contract he needs to make them much better, I'm not sure after two torn ACL's he is even close to the same receiver everyone remembers.

At least bring him in for a workout. Have him run routes against Rowdy. As long as he knocks Rowdy down.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I dont think its about being the same receiver. He has won a SB. Was a major part of the SB team in the playoffs, and he will take pressure off of every facet of the offense just being on the field. Line him up in the slot with Lamb and Gallup on the outside and the defense cant stack the box against the run anymore. Helping the run game. He is also great on slants and goes for the tough catch. There is no downside to this if the money is right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are going to be some disappointed folks if he doesn't sign with the Cowboys ........not sure I've seen this much OPEN recruiting of one player during in the middle of the season....goodness (lol)

8f1354ff4c6ff7ac437129e1078d7dcc72806ed0.gif

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I dont think its about being the same receiver. He has won a SB. Was a major part of the SB team in the playoffs, and he will take pressure off of every facet of the offense just being on the field. Line him up in the slot with Lamb and Gallup on the outside and the defense cant stack the box against the run anymore. Helping the run game. He is also great on slants and goes for the tough catch. There is no downside to this if the money is right.

If he wants a lot of money that will be the issue. Is there a team willing to do multiple years? If that's the case they won't sign him. Give him whatever they can for the rest of the year I'm sure they are fine with that.

Toro9

Reaction score
Hard to believe he's always wanted to be in Dallas. But he went to LSU right? So, I guess it makes some sense theoretically, aside from starting out with the Giants.

But to the point, I would've signed Julio, but I guess that was before and this is now. I'm not against signing OB but I get the sense he can be diva at the drop of the hat. And he'd be no higher than 3rd on the depth chart. Would he be okay getting 4-5 targets a game, sometimes less?

:huh:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
OBJ is a knucklehead. TO at least had the talent.

Another one that has absolutely no clue on what OBJ is today. Might want to read what Cleveland and Ram coaching staff and players have said about OBJ. Stop looking at his past he is much more mature these days with age.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I remember OBJ, Zeke, and Dak paling around at the 2016 pro-bowl. I remember thinking that he really wanted to be a Cowboy at the time-- still believe it, but obviously it's a business and he's going to take the highest bidder.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Irvin did not bring his A-game for that recommendation.

He did not yell, "ODELL BECKHAM JR. IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!"