Is 2018 a Super Bowl Year for the Cowboys or a rebuilding year?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is 2018 a Super Bowl Year for the Cowboys or a rebuilding year?

It's neither.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I can't answer either question. But, postulations from a Limey who lives in a stone hut with a dirt floor talking trash about log cabins and doublewides made me giggle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Forever rebuilding.

I've kinda gave up on this team ever doing much with Jason Garrett in charge.

IMO, this year has collapse and coach firing written all over it.

We should've got rid of Garrett this year. It's clear he offers nothing. But Dallas will continue to be a reactionary franchise instead of being pro-active.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let’s see the first half of the year first. Our staff hold us back as much as the players.

kevm3

Reaction score
I think garrett puts together a 10 and 6 season and win a playoff game, giving us more garrett

ICP

Reaction score
I think it's a 'More of the Same' year in that it will be more of the same bad coaching and inability to adjust to changing game scripts and injuries. I do hope that if it's a bad year it's bad enough that Garrett and his coordinators are sent packing. But he will probably pull a 11-5 or 10-6 off and we'll be stuck with them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think garrett puts together a 10 and 6 season and win a playoff game, giving us more garrett

Would rather have a 10-6 season and more Garrett than a 9-7 playoffless season and more Garrett. With the record Garrett has compiled the past seven seasons we shouldn’t be getting more of him.

visionary

Reaction score
...Because I am thinking we are, in fact, in a rebuilding mode and Stephen might, for future considerations, might release, trade and move up for a sterling DE.
Yeah, your favorite players could be waived. Maybe. Maybe, you workaday louts. And let me tell you, ... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH REBUILDING!
Blokes and JAGs, I firmly believe Jimmy's first championship was a fluke. A last step in rebuilding. And they won a SB a year before schedule! Jimmy didn't see it coming!!

It can happen for us in 2018, but ... In your primeval, log-cabin simplistic, double-wides, romantic hearts --- have you, the fans, really dreams of a SB in 2018?
Seriously????
Nay, you street urchin lagabouts!!
I say, 2018 is for rebuilding, lads!
And we will rock the NFL in 2019!
Next year its Eagles and raiders. Steelers and Rams! We come in the top 10. That's it, surly knaves!
But ... Write it down, Mateys!
Yes, write it down, laggards ...
We will own 2019!!!

SB YEAR :thumbup::flagwave::yourock:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah and a 6 game suspension from Zeke should tell you don't jump off the ledge quite yet.

Maybe you are right, rosy lad. The eagles lost their franchise QB and didn't jump off the ledge, they won a Super Bowl.
They didn't make excuses.
We did.
They won.
We are trash talking.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Actually i dont see Playoffs. Terrible tough schedule with the Superbowl Champ, a healthy, high picking new coached Giants, and an always tough Skins Team in the Division.

Rest of the Schedule is pretty brutal too. I dont see more than 8-8.
Giants aren't going anywhere.

marius

Reaction score
Neither. They are stuck in mediocracy
yes its the reality, and to add the cowboys are in a pathetic cap situation right now, 12,247, with many holes to fill, uncertainty with the OL, DL, WR, QB, LB, S, HC, the cowboys are far from being a contender team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe you are right, rosy lad. The eagles lost their franchise QB and didn't jump off the ledge, they won a Super Bowl.
They didn't make excuses.
We did.
They won.
We are trash talking.

They won. Good for them. They didn't win by jumping off a ledge.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
neither, a transitional year filled with pain (i'd expect a repeat of 2017)

however, i do believe 2018 will bring the franchise closest to rock bottom. THEN the rebuilding will commence

Verdict

Reaction score
You don't take away a win or a loss. Eagirls didn't gift wrap anything. I don't care what we did last year. If you went into last year thinking you are a contender you should feel the same way. I'm not with this defeatist loser attitude you guys have. You guys will say it's being a realist....whatever. The league is wide open and anything can happen.

The record will always be the record. However if you think the Eagles' "gift win" means that the Cowboys are somehow weighed as a better team because of that win, you my friend, are misguided.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s like those who promoted the same with Romo. Your right until your wrong.

Did that prove Romo wasn’t enough to go to a Super Bowl? Or he wasn’t enough to overcome the handicaps, hindrances and obstacles confronted around him?

I don’t necessarily think Garrett is a Super Bowl caliber HC . He certainly hasn’t shown he is thus far but then like most I know don’t expect the Cowboys under Jerry to return to the SB.

That said. I certainly don’t see a Super Bowl team . But if Dak can develop into a threat downfield and as effective as his Rookie season we should be a playoff contender.

And if our defense continues to elevate we might could win a game in the playoffs . That’s about all the hope I have at this time until I see more on the field.

When and if we become a consistent playoff contender winning some of those and reaching some championship games only then would I begin having some SB aspirations.

I’m not sure why a 9-7 team would even be talking about a SB. But that’s how fans become so disappointed because of their high expectations .

Its pretty simple.......no head coach since the merger has had this little success for this long a period of time and then won a SB title (same team)

I dam sure know Clappy aint going to be the first;)

kevm3

Reaction score
Would rather have a 10-6 season and more Garrett than a 9-7 playoffless season and more Garrett. With the record Garrett has compiled the past seven seasons we shouldn’t be getting more of him.

I'd rather us actually get a coach in here that will have us hoisting the SB trophy. What Garrett HAS shown is he can put together a decent season when his job is on the line to save himself before diving back to mediocrity.