Is 2018 a Super Bowl Year for the Cowboys or a rebuilding year?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don’t.

Keep waving those poms poms:laugh:

cheerleader_3.gif~c200

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its pretty simple.......no head coach since the merger has had this little success for this long a period of time and then won a SB title (same team)

I dam sure know Clappy aint going to be the first;)
Ok . So now what. You give up as long as we have Garrett. You have nothing else to add??

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd rather us actually get a coach in here that will have us hoisting the SB trophy. What Garrett HAS shown is he can put together a decent season when his job is on the line to save himself before diving back to mediocrity.

Most would rather have a solid head coach in here but even when Garrett finally gets fired Jerry will continue to go where he’s already been and hire another Garrett. Some act like if Garrett gets fired, Super Bowl here we come. We’re just going to keep seeing the same thing if Jerry keeps hiring the same weak coaches.

The only time he broke away from that traditional is when he hired Parcells because he needed to build a new stadium. You need a winning team to gain support for a new stadium. Hard to gain support with 5-11 teams.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Most would rather have a solid head coach in here but even when Garrett finally gets fired Jerry will continue to go where he’s already been and hire another Garrett. Some act like if Garrett gets fired, Super Bowl here we come. We’re just going to keep seeing the same thing if Jerry keeps hiring puppets.

The only time he broke away from that traditional is when he hired Parcells because he needed to build a new stadium. You need a winning team to gain support for a new stadium. Hard to gain support with 5-11 teams.
To Jones, maybe he feels he learned his lesson hiring a HC like Johnson. Never again in his head.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right!
How unrealistically harsh and selfish fans are during this 8 year rebuild!
The bigger point is we’ve been spinning our wheels for over 2 decades. No one really expects any coach We’d attract now to have much success with Jerry.

Who has SB aspirations anymore beyond a hope and a prayer?

All this SB talk is hilarious.

I’m more worried if I can out live Jerry. Seriously

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To Jones, maybe he feels he learned his lesson hiring a HC like Johnson. Never again in his head.

Jerry doesn’t want a coach bigger than him who’s calling all the shots and getting all the credit if the team wins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t want a coach bigger than him who’s calling all the shots and getting all the credit if the team wins.
Yep.. which kinda limits our prospects . The Cowboys under Jerry this era is like the Graveyard to coaching . Basically your last stop.

Gailey is only one who finally returned but he it took him 10 years at Georgia Tech to get another shot in Buffalo. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep.. which kinda limits our prospects . The Cowboys under Jerry this era is like the Graveyard to coaching . Basically your last stop.

Gailey is only one who finally returned but he it took him 10 years at Georgia Tech to get another shot in Buffalo. Lol

Gailey was the only one of the stiffs Jerry hired who really had any balls and stood up to him. Jerry wanted the offense changed. I remember Aikman complaining about the offense. I remember when Gailey was on the hot seat after the 99 season he was asked if he was going to change the offense and he said absolutely not. He said if Jerry wants the offense changed he won’t be here and a few days later he was fired.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Gailey was the only one of the stiffs Jerry hired who really had any balls and stood up to him. Jerry wanted the offense changed. I remember Aikman complaining about the offense. I remember when Gailey was on the hot seat after the 99 season he was asked if he was going to change the offense and he said absolutely not. He said if Jerry wants the offense changed he won’t be here and a few days later he was fired.
Yep. Gailey actually wasn’t a real bad hire. Jerry even later admitted he fired him too soon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep. Gailey actually wasn’t a real bad hire. Jerry even later admitted he fired him too soon.

He certainly wasn’t a great hire but he was never given much of a chance only being given 2 seasons. A dud like Campo got more than that and we never won more than 5 games in each of his three seasons. Gailey likely would have gotten more time had he changed the offense. There was a lot of complaints about the offense from the players especially Aikman and Gailey wouldn’t change it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The record will always be the record. However if you think the Eagles' "gift win" means that the Cowboys are somehow weighed as a better team because of that win, you my friend, are misguided.

Where did I say any of that at? That last game meant nothing. All I'm saying is when it comes to our record I'm not gonna nitpick and subtract or add losses or wins to it. I don't hear anyone say we should've had 14 wins if we didn't giftwrap the last game of that season.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Because of the gum chewing slap happy clapper clown coach we have, there will be no Superbowls in the near future. His process has been proven to be a failure.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They won. Good for them. They didn't win by jumping off a ledge.
Right.
Correct.
Right.
The won by smart player acquisition, shrewd management and great coaching. And an old-fashioned smash mouth approach with their O line.
Cowboys are beginning to mimic the Texas's Longhorns. Lots of money for Imperial-Palace practice and play facilities, blue chip players who avidly read their clippings and check their phones, and, in the end, engage in soft, nuanced play.
I hate that!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
2018 will be retooling.
Perhaps, in 2019 ... we could get Harbaugh?
Discuss, you workaday ruffians who are aginst décorum.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, not yet. We are getting closer, but we need to finish the DL, need a MLB and S, and NT.

Then on O, we need to finish Dak's training, get at least one WR, and OL backups who can actually block a little.

We're not that far off, but spinning our wheels w/ cheap FA's and refusing to address the NT position will hold us down.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I’m not sure why a 9-7 team would even be talking about a SB.

9-7 or worse teams win the Super Bowl the next year all the time.
At one point it happened four years in a row ('98 Rams went 4-12, '99 Ravens 8-8, '00 Patriots 5-11, '01 Bucs 9-7).
The current champion Eagles were 7-9 the previous year.