Is all this Happy talk regarding Cameron Fleming going to blow up in our face? Signed now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Why would you call this wild speculation? We have had FA’s do this to us in the past. Don’t you think we should confirm this signing before rearranging our O line?

I am pretty sure none of us talking about moving players to different spots has any effect on what the Cowboys are going to do. But that's just me. Who are all these players that were supposedly signing with us that left and went elsewhere? Refresh my memory please.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I am pretty sure none of us talking about moving players to different spots has any effect on what the Cowboys are going to do. But that's just me. Who are all these players that were supposedly signing with us that left and went elsewhere? Refresh my memory please.
I realize us talking about moving players around has no effect on what the team does. It’s just kind of fun for us as fans to do, but when the guy is not officially on the team yet, it’s kind of a waste of time and a major let down if the guy changes his mind. Also, I can’t remember the players name, but I know a couple years ago we had I player, I was really excited about us signing and he changed his mind after verbally agreeing to sign with us. I think Fleming is a really big pickup for us. I hope all this excitement regarding his signing wasn’t for naught.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Cameron Fleming has not Officially signed and the Patriots want to resign him. In the recent past we have had players verbally commit to use then change their mind and resign with their original team. Also, this is NE were talking about!!
I am sure he has considered the financial angle, ruffians.
But he might be thinking, NE a perennial Super Bowl contender and suberbly coached teasm or the shaky Jerry franchise.
Hmmm.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Martin, Looney, and Fleming all on contract and paint this fan very impressed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cameron Fleming has not Officially signed and the Patriots want to resign him. In the recent past we have had players verbally commit to use then change their mind and resign with their original team. Also, this is NE were talking about!!
Who is Corey Fleming?

garyv

Reaction score
Cameron Fleming | Tackle | #71
Team: Dallas Cowboys
Age / DOB: (25) / 9/3/1992
Ht / Wt: 6'6' / 320
College: Stanford
Drafted: 2014 / Rd. 4 (140) / NE
Contract: view contract details
[x]

2018: Free Agent
Share:

Latest News
Recent News

Cowboys signed OT Cameron Fleming, formerly of the Patriots.
Dallas was Fleming's only free agent visit. The Patriots had interest in bringing him back, but let him walk after losing Nate Solder. Fleming managed solid PFF grades despite allowing four sacks over 369 snaps last year. A swingman in New England, Fleming should start at right tackle with the Cowboys, moving La'el Collins back to guard. Mar 24 - 2:54 PM
Source: Field Yates on Twitter

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Cameron Fleming | Tackle | #71
Team: Dallas Cowboys
Age / DOB: (25) / 9/3/1992
Ht / Wt: 6'6' / 320
College: Stanford
Drafted: 2014 / Rd. 4 (140) / NE
Contract: view contract details
[x]

2018: Free Agent
Share:

Latest News
Recent News

Cowboys signed OT Cameron Fleming, formerly of the Patriots.
Dallas was Fleming's only free agent visit. The Patriots had interest in bringing him back, but let him walk after losing Nate Solder. Fleming managed solid PFF grades despite allowing four sacks over 369 snaps last year. A swingman in New England, Fleming should start at right tackle with the Cowboys, moving La'el Collins back to guard. Mar 24 - 2:54 PM
Source: Field Yates on Twitter

Nothing is official. The source link states expected to sign.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up to 3.5 million ... yeah he’s not here to be a swing tackle.

Good pickup

Personally, I don't think $3.5 guarantees anything either way.

But I will say that I'm glad to see the deal officially confirmed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up to 3.5 million ... yeah he’s not here to be a swing tackle.

Good pickup

“Up to” implies play time incentives. He’ll compete for a role.

$3.5MM is lower than I’d feared for this guy. Let’s see how it’s really structured.

Carson

Reaction score
“Up to” implies play time incentives. He’ll compete for a role.

$3.5MM is lower than I’d feared for this guy. Let’s see how it’s really structured.

Oh im 100% sure it’s based off of playing time. He will have to compete for a job ... but I doubt he takes that deal knowing Collins is set in stone the starter

Sydla

Reaction score
I wouldn't go ga ga over the talent we've accumulated here but the contracts they've given out look very, very solid with little to no long term pain.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh im 100% sure it’s based off of playing time. He will have to compete for a job ... but I doubt he takes that deal knowing Collins is set in stone the starter

It’ll be interesting. Teams looked at him as an OG coming out, too. They might give him a shot inside depending how the draft plays out.

ksg811

Reaction score
$3.5 million would put him around the 43rd highest paid tackle. And that is the MAX value. That's in low-end starter high-end swing territory. Especially on a 1 year deal, makes me think the preference is to have him swing and use the strength of the draft for our starting LG and keep Collins at RT. Continuity on the line is extremely important, so returning 4 out of 5 starters in their same spots is optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.