Is Anyone Else Apathetic To This Franchise?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Not jumping ship. Not hating them. Still a fan but just apathetic to their games. You don't get excited for wins and don't sulk over losses. It has been happening for me over the past few years. Once the game is over, I turn off the tv, don't listen to any post game shows. I post on here a little and then they are out of my mind. I move on. Win or lose. There is no hope in sight for this franchise at all.

I don't think I will ever stop watching completely and I definitely won't root for another team.
I haven’t watched the second half’s of the last 3 games. 2 because of blowouts and one due to scheduling.

I believe the OL will be fine next year and the defense will be better with a full offseason and additions to the secondary. They’re starting practice squad players and it’s not even due to COVID. Steven Parker has played majority of snaps last two weeks but can’t even be a full time main roster addition. How sad is that

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bill Walsh once said every year you are only really competing with 6-7 teams to win the SB.
Jerry,
Richard Feynman said....
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool."
very good and both are right.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
For the better part of a decade now, I don’t get upset for losses and wins don’t feel as good as they used to. I don’t know if it’s just me getting older or a quarter century of mediocrity or a mix of the 2 but I definitely don’t care as much as I used to
mix of the two, older means getting wiser, and you see things for what they really are.
plus the whole nfl has changed, more PC, more divas among the players, rule changes etc.
Remember we used to have real onside kicks, the Commanders were......the Commanders!!!!!!
Uniform changes most of which are ugly, announcers have changed too, and what they talk about.

like the ariz game, imagine how much better that would be with madden and gowdy doing the game.
And the cowboys have been a circus for so long it has just wore us down.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Got there a few years ago. Two things are apparent to me:

1. As long as the Joneses run the team as they've been running it I will never see another Cowboys SB.

2. The Joneses will never change how they run the team. It's fantasy football at the highest level and they're making a fortune, win or lose.

This is sane, factual stuff, me lad.

You are like the one millionth chimp who was given a keyboard, and a good post was created.
Hip-hip, then! Carry on able seaman.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
For the better part of a decade now, I don’t get upset for losses and wins don’t feel as good as they used to. I don’t know if it’s just me getting older or a quarter century of mediocrity or a mix of the 2 but I definitely don’t care as much as I used to
True,, not just Jerry and his brand, but sports in general, they take the older generation for granted, they have always been there.
I work with several youth foundations the past 10 years, take troubled youth fishing, and what Ive experienced is a real disinterest, but magnified 10 fold this season.
I cant even talk sports in general to the majority of the kids anymore, and I actually avoid it.
A total disinterest from a microcosm of society is very telling sometimes of the future.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Is this the same as an expectation adjustment?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Have been for the last couple of years. As long as Jones run this team nothing will change...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not jumping ship. Not hating them. Still a fan but just apathetic to their games. You don't get excited for wins and don't sulk over losses. It has been happening for me over the past few years. Once the game is over, I turn off the tv, don't listen to any post game shows. I post on here a little and then they are out of my mind. I move on. Win or lose. There is no hope in sight for this franchise at all.

I don't think I will ever stop watching completely and I definitely won't root for another team.

Another contract for Garrett, and I was out of here. After years I had concluded that no team would ever overcome his ineptitude come the playoffs. So I cared less and less. Sometimes I wouldn't bother to get up for games, or wouldn't make a point to watch them if I was up.

This year brought the possibility of caring again. Since we have new inpetitude to deal with, I don't care about the games so much, but I like seeing young guys play and get better. Finally seeing McGovern play, and play ok, was a highlite of Sunday.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Got there a few years ago. Two things are apparent to me:

1. As long as the Joneses run the team as they've been running it I will never see another Cowboys SB.

2. The Joneses will never change how they run the team. It's fantasy football at the highest level and they're making a fortune, win or lose.
This X 1000. They win without a single down being played. That is the ONLY thing Jerry is a genius at. If the value of your franchise was actually tied to the performance or results....Jerry would have gone in a different direction YEARS ago. There are no REAL repercussions for losing....so they play fantasy football

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

yup been about 3 years for me now

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

Yep, that is exactly where I am at. You have to be or you be this guy:
d287b8953ccbb6f71faffd829097b56d.jpg

JonesBoys

Reaction score

I won’t ever stop watching but the losing certainly has me checking out now. Used to be all over the post game show and boards but now just shut it off and check out. But yet here I am posting on Wednesday so are we really checked out? Lol. Just so sick and tired of this once great franchise being a bottom 5 NFL team. Cowboys fans deserve better. Jerry has been a complete failure as a football owner. Don’t give me the 90’s that was all Jimmy. All you need is the proof of once Jimmy’s guys retired from the team or moved on in free agency.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If people were truly apathetic they wouldn't be on this site.

100% false. Just because I feel indifferent does not mean I do not like to be apart of a community online. The Cowboys still interest me but it is nowhere where it used to be in terms of being invested in their success or failure. This community is entertaining.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% false. Just because I feel indifferent does not mean I do not like to be apart of a community online. The Cowboys still interest me but it is nowhere where it used to be in terms of being invested in their success or failure. This community is entertaining.
Being part of a Cowboy community and discussing the Cowboys shows interest, and apathy is the lack of interest. Face it, many of us may care a lot less, but we wouldn't be here if there were no interest at all.

Shane612

Reaction score
I used to bleed BLUE and SILVER.
But when Parcells left, I lost hope.
He was the last REAL football mind at valley ranch.
I don't think the current HC has any control, no matter what jerry tells the public.
Now, it's just another game on Sunday, that I'll watch if I get around to it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May I update my answer to no, I am no longer apathetic. I hate this team and the cowards that play on it. I will actually be pulling against them in every game they play the rest of the season and maybe beyond that.

The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
mix of the two, older means getting wiser, and you see things for what they really are.
plus the whole nfl has changed, more PC, more divas among the players, rule changes etc.
Remember we used to have real onside kicks, the Commanders were......the Commanders!!!!!!
Uniform changes most of which are ugly, announcers have changed too, and what they talk about.

like the ariz game, imagine how much better that would be with madden and gowdy doing the game.
And the cowboys have been a circus for so long it has just wore us down.
:hammer:

Acheman08

Reaction score
Im just echoing whats already been said in this thread. Ive been a fan since 75 or 76 when I was little...I live in PA and bro and dad are Steelers fans and Im surrounded by Eagles fans. I cried as a kid when they lost. All my school photos in elementary school, I have something Cowboys on. Now my nephew, who is in his late 20s, is a big fan too (my kids arent into football) and I was just saying this to him the other day: I was still a big fan in the second half of the 80s when they stunk under Landry. I was a fan during 1-15. Even during the Quincy Carter era. The last few years Ive slowly been losing interest. Between keeping Garrett too long, politics creeping in, and the realization that the Jones' arent going anywhere, Ive come to the conclusion that they arent winning a SB under Jerry and maybe even not under his kid after hes gone. The only way is if they hire a competent front office and GM and take a back seat, but that will never happen.