Is Anyone Else Apathetic To This Franchise?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
For eons we were the most exciting team in football; a lot of times we won and we would even lose in the most exciting ways possible. Or we came back and won sometimes. But now there is not even an illusion we could complete for anything even if we do win once in a while. There is no hope while the Joneses run this team. I never root against us but if we end up losing in the worst way possible I actually enjoy the humiliation and embarrassment the Jones get. I think our only hope is that things get so unbelievably disastrous and humiliating it will force the Jones to finally get a football GM and some personnel people in here. I think this is the most hopeless this franchise has ever been and the future is a joke with all the bad players, bad contracts, and bad coaches. With Jerry still running the circus. So I’m going to enjoy watching the Joneses crash and burn. It’s our only hope.
so be so butthurt

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not jumping ship. Not hating them. Still a fan but just apathetic to their games. You don't get excited for wins and don't sulk over losses. It has been happening for me over the past few years. Once the game is over, I turn off the tv, don't listen to any post game shows. I post on here a little and then they are out of my mind. I move on. Win or lose. There is no hope in sight for this franchise at all.

I don't think I will ever stop watching completely and I definitely won't root for another team.

I've been a Cowboys fan since their very first day in the league and that's not going to ever change. I will admit that I'm greatly disappointed in this season. I did something I did only once before and that was stop watching a game before it was over. The first time I have an excuse because I was physically sick with the flu and couldn't stop throwing up.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Not Apathetic but just thinking it's pathetic that we can't really compete anymore in the NFL until the 4th quarter in catch-up mode to make it look good. We use to own teams righteously. Quite obviously things have drastically changed in the past 25 years or so.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't care either way, I watch due to habit. When they get it together, that'll wake me juices up.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes and I blame it on MM. The fat man needs to go. This team has no chance as long as he is our HC.

D4KADON

Reaction score
If i'm being honest, something in my died when Romo retired without a ring. I felt like we had wasted a decade on so much talent and i was just coming to grips with it.

catiii

Reaction score
Ive already seen two tweets from calling out the coaching from players.
https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-mc-ca...y-his-players-reportedly-agree-180553794.html

You really expect the reporters to name their sources. C’mon CC

This all over the local media now. It’s blowing up.

The coaching has been horrific.
BOOOOM!!! THIS!!! :hammer:

"
Mike McCarthy says 'didn't coach very well' in the Cowboys' loss Monday. His players reportedly agree"

WHY NOT MIKE? YOU'RE GETTING PAID THE BIG BUCKS!! YOU JUST ADMITTED TO COASTING FOR A PAYCHECK AND TO BEING A BIG PHONY. (Notice he didn't say "made mistakes" he said DIDN'T COACH WELL. HUGE DIFFERENCE BECAUSE ONE IS INTENTIONAL and reflects lack of giving a stuff or even worse not knowing what the heck he's doing!!)

catiii

Reaction score
If i'm being honest, something in my died when Romo retired without a ring. I felt like we had wasted a decade on so much talent and i was just coming to grips with it.
I felt exactly the same way..

catiii

Reaction score
mix of the two, older means getting wiser, and you see things for what they really are.
plus the whole nfl has changed, more PC, more divas among the players, rule changes etc.
Remember we used to have real onside kicks, the Commanders were......the Commanders!!!!!!
Uniform changes most of which are ugly, announcers have changed too, and what they talk about.

like the ariz game, imagine how much better that would be with madden and gowdy doing the game.
And the cowboys have been a circus for so long it has just wore us down
Top 10 post of 2020. :hammer:

Blackspider214

Reaction score

We wasted so much talent under Garrett's watch. And this goes back to his OC days.It's criminal that none of those teams even appeared in a conference championship game, much less a Super Bowl.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What does that mean "it's just a game"? Explain your cliche.

For me it means exactly what it says, "its just a game at the end of the day".

Meaning I dont let the outcome of an event that I have no control over affect my mood or personality. I watch the game, all the way to the end, and if its a loss I say oh well, maybe next week or even tell myself that was probably for the best in the big scheme of things. I dont get pissed, I dont throw things, I dont get mad and go on rants on the internet, ect...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We wasted so much talent under Garrett's watch. And this goes back to his OC days.It's criminal that none of those teams even appeared in a conference championship game, much less a Super Bowl.
That’s pure speculative. Some of those teams offensively going back to his OC days were perhaps good enough to make at least an appearance in a championship game but certainly not defensively.

This has been the big miss with this franchise most of this era. No defense.

We forget when looking back on our championship eras while we had some great offenses we had top defenses . Remember Doomsday.

Too many fans still believe which apparently our idiotic ownership does as well that the Triplets won those championships. I guess they forget Buffalo had the #1 offense and we had the #1 defense .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We expected this offense to carry us to a championship appearance . But now with what most considered more proven coaching it couldn’t get out of its own way leading the league in turnovers which spun this team into a tailspin.

We were always thinking we were under achieving under Garrett but it certainly appears now in fact we weren’t . Despite his coaching flaws he was holding this franchise together against all of the outside and inside distractions on the brink with 3 different occasions to finally breaking thru to a championship appearance overcoming the most dysfunctional ownership and organization in the NFL.

That could be as good as it gets with our franchise now. We may look back on the years from 2014-2018, a 5 year stretch with 3 division titles and divisional playoff game appearances , as the best run in the 21st Century for the Dallas Cowboys.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
In response to the OP's question: No. The blood in my veins run navy blue and metallic silver. If the '20/'21 team wants to break my heart each week, so be it.