Is anyone else NOT on the ledge?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Seriously.

This loss can be summarized easier than almost any other: Romo was horrible.

Unless you expect him to continue playing horribly -- in which case you'll little to no evidence to back your case -- there should be nothing to worry about. The defense, which everyone had been wringing their hands about, was very good today.

So... Romo reverts to the mean, we win.

The truth is, this loss was less troubling than almost any I can think of.

Simple as that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Once there was word that none of the injuries were too serious, I came in back off the ledge.

I was never really disappointed with possibly going 14-2, though.

I do think the offense (or at least Tony) "ate the cheese," however. I have no doubt that will be corrected very quickly.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1839305 said:
Seriously.

Unless you expect him to continue playing horribly -- in which case you'll little to no evidence to back your case -- there should be nothing to worry about. The defense, which everyone had been wringing their hands about, was very good today.

Simple as that.

I think the way we play the last two games will determine which team we are...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I've actually expected 14-2 to be our final record

but that was because I thought we would have HFA wrapped up by the time we meet the 'skins

so count me in as being 2 buildings removed from the ledge

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hopefully we just got a loss out of the way so we can go on another winning streak into the playoffs

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
who here at the beginning of the season or when parcells retired actually thought we woudl even go 12-4?

I woulda been very happy with that going into the season.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I love the position we are in. So what that Romo had a bad game, every QB does, we are still 12-2 and are in the driver's seat for the HFA.

Sky isn't falling.

Go Cowboys!

The Panch

Reaction score
How was this less troubling?? Romo had one bad game and grew so much from it earlier and yet has the worst game of his career to to put us in a must win situation for the next two games and risk injuries.

Folks can make all the excuses they want and everyone knows this is a confident team, but the fact that you can have this much of a trashy performance by your franchise player at this point in the season is very disturbing. I agree with those who said better now than January, but its still pathetic that a pro QB of any caliber can play this poor.

stealth;1839312 said:
who here at the beginning of the season or when parcells retired actually thought we woudl even go 12-4?

I woulda been very happy with that going into the season.
It's not about how you start, its about how you finish. Right now, Minnesota and Green Bay are making more of a case as teams to fear in the NFC than us and we're supposed to be the cream of the crop and instead are looking like the cream of the crap.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;1839308 said:
Once there was word that none of the injuries were too serious, I came in back off the ledge.

Like laufenberg said tonight really we wont know about romos hand until tomorrow because it was pretty swollen.

if they say gurod is ok, I will accept that for tonight, they also told me terry glenn was ok and newman was ok. So Call me skeptical of jerry's medical reports.

We will know more tomorrow, but at least there are no torn ligaments or anything bad.

I think we can beat carolina either way. the Commanders game will be very difficult and then the buy. So if gurode, watkins and fasano need a game or two, realistically they could get a month of rest.

I thought all week this was a tough spot for us and it would be a close game.

but at the end of the day this loss doesnt define our season by any means.

I know i will be pulling for the bears big time this week.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Romo was putrid.

The OL was out of sink after AG left and we gave up 4 sacks.

JG called 15 runs 2 weeks in a row.

These things WILL change next week.

I AM NOT WORRIED!

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;1839308 said:

I do think the offense (or at least Tony) "ate the cheese," however. I have no doubt that will be corrected very quickly.

When i left the sports bar, i was kinda down on the injuries, but after getting home and hearing Jerry, i felt MUCH better!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The Panch;1839318 said:
How was this less troubling?? Romo had one bad game and grew so much from it earlier and yet has the worst game of his career to to put us in a must win situation for the next two games and risk injuries.

Folks can make all the excuses they want and everyone knows this is a confident team, but the fact that you can have this much of a trashy performance by your franchise player at this point in the season is very disturbing. I agree with those who said better now than January, but its still pathetic that a pro QB of any caliber can play this poor.

It's not about how you start, its about how you finish. Right now, Minnesota and Green Bay are making more of a case as teams to fear in the NFC than us and we're supposed to be the cream of the crop and instead are looking like the cream of the crap.

well that is a topper for me. Just when I thought this board couldnt do worse than the roy williams nonsense, this post appears.

Yes that is the worst performance from a quarterback ever. We should cut him.

2much2soon

Reaction score
most troubling is the sense I get that this team thinks (at least going into today) that is bullet proof and can come out flat then just turn it on when they want.
I didn't get to see the Detroit game last week but wasn't the offensive play similar in that game until late?

The Panch

Reaction score
theebs;1839328 said:
well that is a topper for me. Just when I thought this board couldnt do worse than the roy williams nonsense, this post appears.

Yes that is the worst performance from a quarterback ever. We should cut him.
What the hell are you babblin about?? I said it was Romo's worst performance which it was.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1839305 said:
Seriously.

Simple as that.
No worries I'm pretty confident in this team. I think we give the Panthers a real beat down next Saturday.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Not worried at all. Our D played well, and our offense after being amazing all season had a bad game. We know Romo is closer to Tom Brady than he is close to Jason Campbell in QB skills. No worries at all

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1839310 said:
I've actually expected 14-2 to be our final record

but that was because I thought we would have HFA wrapped up by the time we meet the 'skins

so count me in as being 2 buildings removed from the ledge

I was expecting 12-4 or 11-5 before the season started. Then after Green Bay I though that 14-2 was very possible. Then after the Lions game I was concerned. I mentioned that ANOTHER desperate team (Eagles) were dangerous. They were.

So now... I am not worried... just a little concerned. We could end up 13-3.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Today was a good example of why sweeping the giants this year was such a feat. Its tough to beat someone twice a season, much less sweep your division.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Panch;1839318 said:

Qbs have bad games from time to time. Even Brady and Manning have bad games from time to time It happens. Tony will learn from this and be better for it.