Is anyone else tired of Parsons being a normal player?

BigD_95

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.

maybe when you get to the playoffs you move him where he makes the biggest impact but the only way to learn LB is to actually play it

Besides there has been a lot of talk that he isnt big enough to be an every down DE rushing the passer for an entire year - not sure I agree with that but maybe Cowboys dont want him taking that every game

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Some of you guys really are making snap judgements. For a rookie who skipped all of 2020, it's going to take time for his LB instincts to kick in. Yes, I think pass rushing should always be a part of his game, but I want to see him do it as a blitzer not as a DE. Let's take the time to develop him now and it will pay dividends down the road.

Smashin222

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Parsons is a LB, will be a LB, and needs the reps at LB at some point. Do we wait until year 5 to do that?

I'll just file this under "If the coaches don't move Martin to RT then they just don't get it" type of take.
:muttley:
OTOH this might be a "why is Byron Jones still scuffling at safety when his coverage ability and measurables make him an A+ corner prospect"

I trust THIS coaching staff though and I think he'll get a lot of well rounded experience by getting reps across the board.

Sully

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.

Parsons career will be short if he plays DE. He doesn't have the body size to hold up, play after play vs BIG LT.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Parsons career will be short if he plays DE. He doesn't have the body size to hold up, play after play vs BIG LT.

What if he stands up and plays the edge like Von Miller? Is he suddenly big enough?

We play Nickel most of the game.