Is anyone else tired of Parsons being a normal player?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol it’s funny cause you go around quoting me like Rockport jr always whining about something. **** off how bout that.
Aww look at you swearing now. You literally started a thread saying Parsons is a normal player and then said to learn from your wisdom. In the same thread. And you think anyone is going to take you serious? I quoted one of your many posts in here. Im not following you around. I have better things to do with my time than argue with someone who never believes they are wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Aww look at you swearing now. You literally started a thread saying Parsons is a normal player and then said to learn from your wisdom. In the same thread. And you think anyone is going to take you serious? I quoted one of your many posts in here. Im not following you around. I have better things to do with my time than argue with someone who never believes they are wrong.

Evidently you don’t have better things to do! It’s weird how you go out of your way to whine to me all the time. Stop crying and learn from my wisdom.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Evidently you don’t have better things to do! It’s weird how you go out of your way to whine to me all the time. Stop crying and learn from my wisdom.
You dont have wisdom. I could quote you on multiple things to prove it but I wont bother because you'll say. "Im not the only one who thought this way." or my favourite "the rest of the NFL thinks the way I do" I saw a quote you had and responded. Again. Narcissistic.

Reactions: G2

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Parsons won't win DROTY as an inside linebacker making tackles alone instead of pressures, sacks, forced fumbles, TFLs.

someone like Surtain will dink and dunk around and get enough INTs to win DROTY even on a bad Denver squad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You dont have wisdom. I could quote you on multiple things to prove it but I wont bother because you'll say. "Im not the only one who thought this way." or my favourite "the rest of the NFL thinks the way I do" I saw a quote you had and responded. Again. Narcissistic.

You still crying? Go follow some other poster around and cry.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You still crying? Go follow some other poster around and cry.
Lol you are the one who keeps engaging. Parsons is going to win DROY and you're sitting here saying hes "normal" and then saying learn from your "wisdom" lol. Go fly a kite man.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.

No I trust Quinn and what he is doing. They do not want him playing full time DE, as far as he being frustrated? BS you are frustrated and then put your feeling on players.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol you are the one who keeps engaging. Parsons is going to win DROY and you're sitting here saying hes "normal" and then saying learn from your "wisdom" lol. Go fly a kite man.

He’s very normal at Linebacker. Duh.

Dude makes nearly 0 impact compared to him being a full time pass rusher.

It’s really not debatable.

He’s even upset with himself in interviews after the game because of his lack of impact.

If Micah Parsons can admit I’m right why can’t you?

cmoney23

Reaction score
A linebacker is almost never going to impact a game like heat on the QB will.

You can’t compare the 2.

Pressuring the QB is far and away the most important thing a defense can do and we just so happened to stumble upon a guy that looks naturally elite at it and we got him down field trying to figure out how to cover guys.

This kind of comment is exactly what I'm talking about. Most fans only see the sack. They don't understand that the DT set a pick on the OG so the end could come around on a stunt and get the pressure. They don't understand that the man in coverage peeled off his assignment to fill a passing window and made the QB hold the ball a second longer to let the pressure get home.

Football is the ULTIMATE team game. At the end of the day, players still need to make a play. But more often than not, it is every member of the team working together that gets that done.

This doesn't even get into run support...

phildadon86

Reaction score
He’s very normal at Linebacker. Duh.

Dude makes nearly 0 impact compared to him being a full time pass rusher.

It’s really not debatable.

He’s even upset with himself in interviews after the game because of his lack of impact.

If Micah Parsons can admit I’m right why can’t you?
LOL. The guy ran down Jalen Hurts, has run down multiple plays that most LBs would only dream of running down. 0 impact? Your posts make 0 impact or sense. Keep doing you bro. Hes also got one of the highest run defense grade of any LINEBACKER in football. And hes a rookie. Go to sleep

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. The guy ran down Jalen Hurts, has run down multiple plays that most LBs would only dream of running down. 0 impact? Your posts make 0 impact or sense. Keep doing you bro. Hes also got one of the highest run defense grade of any LINEBACKER in football. And hes a rookie. Go to sleep

He was a D End against Philly and on that specific play he was up on the edge. Good times.

You go ahead and keep Pom Pom’ing Micah for his average play. Micah and myself hold him to a higher standard in terms of playmaking.

Homer away sir. Homer away.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He was a D End against Philly and on that specific play he was up on the edge. Good times.

You go ahead and keep Pom Pom’ing Micah for his average play. Micah and myself hold him to a higher standard in terms of playmaking.

Homer away sir. Homer away.
One of the highest run defensive grades in football at LB. No explanation on your end on how he does that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
One of the highest run defensive grades in football at LB. No explanation on your end on how he does that.

lol run defense. Imagine caring about run defense like it’s 1992.

Run defense only matters against specific opponents who actually care about running unlike 95% of the league who is pass happy.

There is a reason pass rushers are premium and there is a reason everyone thinks Parsons would go higher in the draft now and it’s because they found out he is an elite pass rusher.

What he is doing at linebacker is nice and normal. By his own standard as well.

75boyz

Reaction score
As you and I previously discussed and even supported by AsthmaField(lol), it's essentially a wasted pick if Quinn doesnt let him chase QBs from all over Lawrence Taylor Style.

That's where his elite speed, short area burst and sense of urgency to the QB is the most useful. It's really a no brainer.

If they are satisfied with just making him a standard off ball linebacker his true impact to the team's winning games will never be felt.

I thought he was gonna be used in an LT-style line him up all over the line of scrimmage defender and given free reign to rush the passer after seeing early success by using him this way. His last 2 games have been under whelming based off returning him to a base 4-3 or nickel line backer look
The thought of him being used in any other fashion than QB chaser makes me shake my head and say Same Old Cowboys.

jmo

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As you and I previously discussed and even supported by AsthmaField(lol), it's essentially a wasted pick if Quinn doesnt let him chase QBs from all over Lawrence Taylor Style.

That's where his elite speed, short area burst and sense of urgency to the QB is the most useful. It's really a no brainer.

If they are satisfied with just making him a standard off ball linebacker his true impact to the team's winning games will never be felt.

I thought he was gonna be used in an LT-style line him up all over the line of scrimmage defender and given free reign to rush the passer after seeing early success by using him this way. His last 2 games have been under whelming based off returning him to a base 4-3 or nickel line backer look
The thought of him being used in any other fashion than QB chaser makes me shake my head and say Same Old Cowboys.

jmo

Smart post. Prepare for the homers to attack. They love their defense.

For other smart posters.. Is it me or does Parsons run himself into blockers a lot?

These are all nuances and things he will get better at but at the end of the day.. Who cares?? Why is this man not chasing QBs all of the time.

JBond

Reaction score
What I’m saying is the reality of the situation.

I did miss on him. So did NFL teams. Is that debatable?

Im not afraid to admit when I’m wrong but watching him play linebacker I don’t feel like I’m wrong. He’s about what I thought he would be playing that position.
Yes. In fact you are wrong. He was gone by pick 13. Dallas did not miss on him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
McGovern has only played 1 game at OG...

Even if PFF was an accurate assessment of players performance (which it is not), the performance of a player in 1 game compared to players that have started 5 or 6 games is just silly.

McGovern's performance at FB or blocking TE is not really relevant to playing OG.

"Taking the data we have into account is just silly."

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts above, but I'll make this comment. The Cowboys are ranked 5th against the run so far this year. Last year we were ranked 31st. Some players are having a huge impact this year and I don't think it's Vanderesch.(sp). Parsons must be contributing to that improvement.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Smart post. Prepare for the homers to attack. They love their defense.

For other smart posters.. Is it me or does Parsons run himself into blockers a lot?

These are all nuances and things he will get better at but at the end of the day.. Who cares?? Why is this man not chasing QBs all of the time.
What are you watching? He's not JUST playing LB, he's been placed at the edge every game. Look at the NE game, he got shut down on the edge. He didn't chase the QB because he was getting blocked.