Is Anyone Getting a Little Worried About Dak's Injuries?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
For his 1st 4 years, he never missed a game. He was a tank. But starting last year, he missed most the year. Needed 2 surgeries on his ankle. Then gets a new injury in his shoulder in the offseason. And now a calf strain. I am not going to start comparing him to Romo at all but I hope we don't see these injuries start to pop up every year and we get to what Romo became where it was always something every season. This is what separated him from Romo.

Jipper

Reaction score
For his 1st 4 years, he never missed a game. He was a tank. But starting last year, he missed most the year. Needed 2 surgeries on his ankle. Then gets a new injury in his shoulder in the offseason. And now a calf strain. I am not going to start comparing him to Romo at all but I hope we don't see these injuries start to pop up every year and we get to what Romo became where it was always something every season. This is what separated him from Romo.

Nope.

Ankle break was a freak major Injury

Shoulder was a nothing burger ...he's been perfect

Calf strain was minimal and he could have played through.

Injuries happen in football....he's tough and will be great

glimmerman

Reaction score
He had the same shoulder injury before. Had it in college before also.. Was no big deal. The ankle was a fluke. The calf sprain was freaky. If anything the shoulder keeps getting hurt and there is going to be a possible surgery. That’s where I get worried. Is it AC or Cuff. Starts messing with throwing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A lot worried. His strained calf is a minor injury that can be made worse if he doesn't allow it to heal properly. The team's stated goal of getting him ready to play against the Vikings seems like a bad idea to me. I fear Dak will only make his injury worse and thus miss even more games. I think the proper course of action, out of an abundance of caution is to sit Dak out of the next two games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, and stop this crap.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I wasn't nervous until I heard Jerry say that if there were a game this week, he would be nervous. That along with the walking boot has me nervous but nothing can be done about it so hope for the best. We will find out soon enough. Probably on Monday.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak has become a much more accurate passer and must practice throwing from different angles incessantly. He was in a awkward position on that last throw and gave up his body to make a play. That's who is he and hopefully in a week we will see him back at practice. Otherwise, he is a stout dude.

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
I'm concerned, not worried. I'm also an Angels fan and Mike Trout went down with a 'calf strain' and didn't play another game the rest of the season. Calf injuries seem unpredictable as far as time to heal.

TheCritic

Reaction score
He's moving into his late 20s. That's about the age for most athletes where sports injuries become more frequent and not as fast to heal. Plus Dak pushes himself as hard as anyone in the league.