Is Anyone Getting a Little Worried About Dak's Injuries?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We worry
For his 1st 4 years, he never missed a game. He was a tank. But starting last year, he missed most the year. Needed 2 surgeries on his ankle. Then gets a new injury in his shoulder in the offseason. And now a calf strain. I am not going to start comparing him to Romo at all but I hope we don't see these injuries start to pop up every year and we get to what Romo became where it was always something every season. This is what separated him from Romo.
We worry about everything on the zone.
It's what we do!!!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, somewhat.

Seems like the shoulder and the calf both could be related to compensation in his mechanics, related to foot injury. His foot has changed things...doesn't move as well now.

Really? I have not seen any difference in his movement.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The last play of the game he looked fine, rolled out, and threw a strong pass. If that is him with a strained calf, I'll take it.

I don't think I noticed any sort of diminished play from the offseason should/lat issue. Hasn't missed a game this year and aside from a broken ankle, he hasn't ever missed a game.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Really? I have not seen any difference in his movement.

He seems a little slower, or maybe just hesitant. Also, I could be just imagining things as he is overall moving well. Either way, it's not enough to be concerned about. I don't care if he can't move like Kyler Murray. He never could and it was never a threat, just a bailout. He moves better than needed to get by at QB.

RonWashington

Reaction score
A lot worried. His strained calf is a minor injury that can be made worse if he doesn't allow it to heal properly. The team's stated goal of getting him ready to play against the Vikings seems like a bad idea to me. I fear Dak will only make his injury worse and thus miss even more games. I think the proper course of action, out of an abundance of caution is to sit Dak out of the next two games.

If Daks healthy enough to play then no you don’t sit a 140 million dollar player out of caution . The last thing we need is the Vikings & Chiefs to bury us with Cooper Rush at QB become 5-3 while WFT strings a couple of wins together to go 4-4 then the division is a dogfight again .

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I’m not nervous at this point. He spent last off-season rehabbing which means he didn’t really get to rest of strengthen and condition support muscles. I expect him to limp through this season. But, as long as nothing major happens, I think he’s good as new next year. Big bodied guy like Dak can take a lot more abuse and bounce back. Look how long Raplesburger has done it.

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
The last play of the game he looked fine, rolled out, and threw a strong pass. If that is him with a strained calf, I'll take it.

I don't think I noticed any sort of diminished play from the offseason should/lat issue. Hasn't missed a game this year and aside from a broken ankle, he hasn't ever missed a game.

He didn't half a calf strain during the play, he strained it while throwing off his one leg.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not this injury-prone nonsense again.

Football and injuries go hand-in-hand. I am as worried about Prescott as I am for every player I have watched step onto a football field. at every level of the sport.

jaybird

Reaction score
For his 1st 4 years, he never missed a game. He was a tank. But starting last year, he missed most the year. Needed 2 surgeries on his ankle. Then gets a new injury in his shoulder in the offseason. And now a calf strain. I am not going to start comparing him to Romo at all but I hope we don't see these injuries start to pop up every year and we get to what Romo became where it was always something every season. This is what separated him from Romo.

plasticman

Reaction score
Not any more. These media sources and internet bloggers deliberately stoke fear just to get ratings or likes or whatever. I refuse to be manipulated by them. Dak said he will be fine. If he's not fine for the Viking game, he will be ready sooner or later.

A part of me wants to know if this team is good enough to win against a mediocre team without Dak. This is a different team so I'm not going to base it on what we saw in previous seasons. Anyway, last season wasn't just about Dak, Four fifths of the offensive line and half of the defensive line was out as well. The Cowboys were 1-3 with him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Daks healthy enough to play then no you don’t sit a 140 million dollar player out of caution . The last thing we need is the Vikings & Chiefs to bury us with Cooper Rush at QB become 5-3 while WFT strings a couple of wins together to go 4-4 then the division is a dogfight again .
Who is saying he is healthy enough to play? I notice you said, "if". That little word changes everything. He may even believe he can play but with a healing calf strain that can change in a heartbeat. We have a 3 game lead on the WFT and we play them twice so we can afford to let Dak rest two games. You are talking nonsense if you think anyone else in this division is a threat to this team. We need Dak healthy going into the playoffs so he needs to let this stained calf heal properly. You just sound like a scared chicken.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A lot worried. His strained calf is a minor injury that can be made worse if he doesn't allow it to heal properly. The team's stated goal of getting him ready to play against the Vikings seems like a bad idea to me. I fear Dak will only make his injury worse and thus miss even more games. I think the proper course of action, out of an abundance of caution is to sit Dak out of the next two games.
Lol