Is anyone still pleased with the 6-0 win against the Iggles?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm happy anytime we beat the eagles. Your obvious point here is baseless and has no correlation whatsoever to anything that transpired yesterday. I don't care if it's preseason or if it's 7 on 7 two hand touch between players of both teams. I always want to beat Philly. How would a loss have been "better."

One more loss would have been "better" as it would have likely moved us up 3 draft spots. That might be the difference between being able to land a guy like Roquan Smith or Edmunds, the LB from VT or Vea the big stud DT from Washington.

Certainly, if a 9th win gets us into the playoffs, you take that. But when the 9th win gets you nothing, honestly, losing that last game would have been better.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
One more loss would have been "better" as it would have likely moved us up 3 draft spots. That might be the difference between being able to land a guy like Roquan Smith or Edmunds, the LB from VT or Vea the big stud DT from Washington.

Certainly, if a 9th win gets us into the playoffs, you take that. But when the 9th win gets you nothing, honestly, losing that last game would have been better.

Disagree as there is no guarantee on success of pick 12 vs the bottom of the first much less 16 vs 19th regardless of what the analytics, combine or Mel Kiper tells you. Your splitting hairs in the middle of the first. I believe in winning games and positive momentum. The eagles certainly didn't lay down for us the prior year last week with "nothing" to play for.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Was happy then and happy now

There are only 46 players in the NFL

There are no 3rd stringers.....the eagles played their starters the almost the whole first half
Cox, Darby and Ajayi did not play.....either did TSmith or D Irving

Sydla

Reaction score
Disagree as there is no guarantee on success of pick 12 vs the bottom of the first much less 16 vs 19th regardless of what the analytics, combine or Mel Kiper tells you. Your splitting hairs in the middle of the first. I believe in winning games and positive momentum. The eagles certainly didn't lay down for us the prior year last week with "nothing" to play for.

It's not about success. You could pick the wrong guy at #1 too.

But the fact is the team will set a draft board and rank their prospects. And picking 16th instead of 19th, gives them a better chance of getting one of the higher names on their draft board.

The explanation that they could pick the wrong guy at 16 or 19 doesn't change that reality. Also, the idea that winning the last game against a team that wasn't even trying somehow carries over to 2018 is quite a stretch.

PS - The Eagles didn't have a first round pick last year. So a win matter little to them in terms of first round draft position. Their first round pick came from the Vikings.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Honestly, you can do better than questioning the 6 fans who were happy with the win.

As for pick 16 versus 19, if the scouting department can't find a starter at 19 to fit one of 6 or so needs on this team, what makes you think they could find one 3 picks earlier? Luck?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IF you're happy with the win I don't think you get into the draft much or something.

Nothing came out of that win. Nobody is happy about it. The 16th pick was on the line and we lost it.

We skip Free Agency so the only chance we have to improve our team we hurt on purpose.

kskboys

Reaction score
There may or may not be. Depends on the draft.

You think we gained momentum by beating the Eagles 6-0?

kskboys

Reaction score

But the fact is the team will set a draft board and rank their prospects. And picking 16th instead of 19th, gives them a better chance of getting one of the higher names on their draft board.

The explanation that they could pick the wrong guy at 16 or 19 doesn't change that reality. Also, the idea that winning the last game against a team that wasn't even trying somehow carries over to 2018 is quite a stretch.

PS - The Eagles didn't have a first round pick last year. So a win matter little to them in terms of first round draft position. Their first round pick came from the Vikings.
Yeah, the more toward the front you pick, the better. That's not even disputable.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yeah, the more toward the front you pick, the better. That's not even disputable.

Just let it be a player that can make an impact year 1. No redshirts. No flex guys. No projects. Week one on the field making plays.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

It is a lame argument....... statistically and historically the difference between 16 and 19 is zero

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Are fans STILL whining about beating a team that pulled starters? At this point, who cares? This is all you can come up with for topics? Old news.

willia451

Reaction score
The season was already over. So why not? I still would rather see the Cowboys win than lose.

My utter disgust with Jerry and Garrett has not made me so jaded that I root for the other team to blow us out. That's NOT going to trigger the kind of change we need anyway. If anything it will just further entrench the dysfunction.

Case in point. 2015. We went 4-12. And what changed? Nothing. Jerry just said it was because we didn't have Romo for almost the whole season and we just moved on.

There is always an excuse for epic fail.