Is anyone still pleased with the 6-0 win against the Iggles?

Sydla

Reaction score
where are yours to support your idea that 16 is always a better pick than 19?

He said it's "better" from the perspective that at 16, you have a larger pool of player to pick from than 19. Maybe insignificant to you but a few spots was the difference between the Cowboys getting the DE they preferred in McKinley and the one they settled on.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No. We looked pathetic vs Egals 2nd & 3rd stringers. We should of blown them out of the water, but instead we get 1 TD and a missed extra point. Thank goodness the game was meaningless.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And I am saying statistically and historically the difference is so small it is negligible and definitely all the diaper wetting we see around here

Shouldn't that be "diaper wetting and diaper throwing"?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of cowboys fans...need to take their pills.

547d3b0ea88a8_-_handful-of-pills-lg-new-lg.jpg

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
I'm happy anytime we beat the eagles. Your obvious point here is baseless and has no correlation whatsoever to anything that transpired yesterday. I don't care if it's preseason or if it's 7 on 7 two hand touch between players of both teams. I always want to beat Philly. How would a loss have been "better."

Draft three spots earlier?

Verdict

Reaction score
No. Winning that game was idiotic. It cost us 3 draft spots minimum times 7 rounds. If someone doesn't believe that those 21 spots lost in total draft position will cost us a player we want but will not get, I respectfully suggest that person must be smoking crack.

Verdict

Reaction score
That 6-0 win was vital to their momentum heading into 2018!!! lol Another great Garrett win with nothing on the line..

Lol. Yeah. I am sure we are going to start next season 1 and 0 because that win "carries over". We could conceivably be 17 and 0 in the regular season. That's a huge advantage when other teams only play 16 regular season games.

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah. I am sure we are going to start next season 1 and 0 because that win "carries over". We could conceivably be 17 and 0 in the regular season. That's a huge advantage when other teams only play 16 regular season games.

Like winning meaningless games meant absolutely nothing back in 2010, this win just screwed them out of draft position. Not a smart football team at all. No lesson learned ever.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Philly didn’t lay down for our scrubs last year in the season finale. Folding tent doesn’t accomplish anything but a few spots higher in the draft. Philly played to win last year in the season finale and it appears it carried over to this season. We decided to look ahead to the playoffs in 2016 folding up with Sanchez at QB. It led to a one and done as the #1 seed and it appears our sour end to the 2016 season carried over to this season.

We ended up getting full of ourselves in 2016 and our year ended bad. It was very similar to what happened during the 2007 season. We followed that season up by missing the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and philly's 3rd string qb had a better rating with his 2nd and 3rd team than our qb with everybody back. well the whole offensive line was hurt... you know that one guy on the left side.. lmao

rynochop

Reaction score
Like winning meaningless games meant absolutely nothing back in 2010, this win just screwed them out of draft position. Not a smart football team at all. No lesson learned ever.
Maybe if Philly scored more than zero points we would have kept that coveted 16 spot instead of, gasp 19.
Do you expect pro players, many of which won't even be on the team next year, to just lay down and quit? That looks great on tape for another team

Big_D

Reaction score
Maybe if Philly scored more than zero points we would have kept that coveted 16 spot instead of, gasp 19.
Do you expect pro players, many of which won't even be on the team next year, to just lay down and quit? That looks great on tape for another team

If you're not in the playoffs then the evaluation process for the following season should already be under way. People say get better through the draft, but then find it important to get these crap wins under their belt. When you're already cleaning out your locker after week 17 and have numerous holes to fill, draft position should certainly be a priority at that point. Playoffs are the goal every year. If you're eliminated, you should be doing everything to get back in.. 3 spots can make a big difference.