Is anyone watching the AAF?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* in 2013 ,19 members of the granite Mountain firefighters ( ALL from PRESCOTT /whiskey row A.O. AZ.) met their demise battling a lightning strike caused Forrest fire,,, man alive,& needless to say, ,,
"WHAT A ****IN' CRYING SHAME WASTE" ,,,back when that MT. Lemmon fire went National ( and my company sent 'me' to sit-in/ fly the representative corporate flag at the F.E.M.A. plan of attack meetings, those granite mountain dudes didn't have a MAN to spare fer' that political kinda' B.S. ,,, ( I still got that ,about 5lb clunky final protective flame reflecting/ flash over fire shelter you had to have strapped on you at all times while in that A.O.,,, and those Granite Mountain guys { back then} were some down to earth& just plain fun loving hairy chested kinda' guys:starspin:)

** I'd personally order
" fuel air explosive " ordinance dropped with a minimum 500' V.T. airburst fuse ,linked to composition 'b' horizontally embedded along the outer edge of a 500 gal( 400 gal of vaporizing fuel agent) LPG tank and just flat-out suck the oxygen outta' those fires,,,er ,,,If I were the King shot-callero_O

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
thanks for that, I looked around and found nothing.
They finally posted stats on their site some time this week, it seems a lot of people were looking for player/team stats. Hopefully they have real time box scores this week.

Go Commanders!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If I was starting a league, the first season , I would want the offenses to score a lot of points.
Do whatever to make that happen.

AAF seems to be favoring the defense, with refs not calling PI and some other stuff, late hits etc.
In the early AFL days, I was an AFL fan because they passed more and were good at it, a lot of scoring,
and long pass plays, known back then as "the bomb"

The other thing is I would want everybody to be able to watch the games, if not live, after it has aired where ever,
make it available online, and build a following.

I would have also made the uniforms more "uniform" so all teams had the same design of uniform and helmets.

Watching these games , is a little like watching college football, along with the ball having white stripes.

They went on about player safety, then when San Antonio's QB took a vicious hit to the chin by a helmet , which knocked
off his helmet, there was no flag, and they said it was a clean hit.
to me this is stupid, as they dont have many decent qb's, so the rules should protect them better than they do.

I watched the orlando atlanta game, and a rb, was grabbed at sideline, and the guy who was big, then threw him
out of bounds very hard, but he threw him into the ground as hard as he could for no good reason.
no flag.
A lot of PI in both games was not called, and it stifled the offenses.
For a young league, they should want shootouts, or just a lot of scoring and long plays, which is more
fun to watch than a defensive game.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If I was starting a league, the first season , I would want the offenses to score a lot of points.
Do whatever to make that happen.

AAF seems to be favoring the defense, with refs not calling PI and some other stuff, late hits etc.
In the early AFL days, I was an AFL fan because they passed more and were good at it, a lot of scoring,
and long pass plays, known back then as "the bomb"

The other thing is I would want everybody to be able to watch the games, if not live, after it has aired where ever,
make it available online, and build a following.

I would have also made the uniforms more "uniform" so all teams had the same design of uniform and helmets.

Watching these games , is a little like watching college football, along with the ball having white stripes.

They went on about player safety, then when San Antonio's QB took a vicious hit to the chin by a helmet , which knocked
off his helmet, there was no flag, and they said it was a clean hit.
to me this is stupid, as they dont have many decent qb's, so the rules should protect them better than they do.

I watched the orlando atlanta game, and a rb, was grabbed at sideline, and the guy who was big, then threw him
out of bounds very hard, but he threw him into the ground as hard as he could for no good reason.
no flag.
A lot of PI in both games was not called, and it stifled the offenses.
For a young league, they should want shootouts, or just a lot of scoring and long plays, which is more
fun to watch than a defensive game.
These teams had 1 month of practice together total, no "spring" training, no OTAs, no mini camps etc. Offenses will look better as the season goes on and they get more time together. The rules do favor the offense, the max 5 pass rusher rule is a huge advantage to the offense. There were teams that showed plenty of offense even early in the season. The biggest issues with offenses right now is the lack of time together, that will come, OL play, it's hard to find talent at the NFL level, so not surprising at this level, same for QBs and this is what this league is trying to develop. There were a lot of drops and open guys that QBs simply missed, some of that will improve. The AFL is a poor comparison since they were a competing league and had plenty of top tier talent.

The AAF has made all their games readily available. All games are streamed live on their website and have posted the full game replays on YouTube. If you haven't been able to watch, then you simply haven't tried.

I don't know what "uniform" uniforms even means.

I guess fans watch for different reasons, but personally I like that they let them play and do not constantly throw flags, especially for guys just making a hard tackle. The big hit from SA on the QB, it was a viscous hit, but it wasn't helmet to helmet, he planted that squarely in the shoulder. It wasn't a blindside hit, the guy was rushing from in front of the QB the whole time. That's on the QB for lack of awareness and not getting rid of the football. I know the other play you're talking about and the RB was in bounds, why shouldn't the defender try his hardest to take him down? This is a developmental league, guys on both sides of the ball are giving their all to impress NFL clubs to give them another chance. Personally, I think it was fairly competitive football, guys playing hard, I love the pace and different rules especially the transparent replay system, it's good to see some familiar names getting a chance to develop and some new ones emerging. B'hams QB, Perez has already drawn some interest from at least 8 NFL teams from what I read this week.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Watched Birmingham - Salt Lake City today...saw two Birmingham DB's I wouldn't mind the Cowboys taking a look at:

Cornerback Jamar Summers (5-11,190, Age 23) - He may be the most impressive player I've seen in the Alliance's 2 weeks. He was Byron Jones' teammate at UConn in 2014 and actually replaced Jones as a starter when he got hurt that season. Like Jones, he was shuffled between S and CB while he was at UConn.

Safety Max Redfield (6-1,191, Approx. Age 23) - A former 5-star recruit out of California, he showed flashes at Notre Dame, including a 12-tackle performance against LSU in a bowl game. He had an up and down career at Notre Dame with some of the lows including being suspended for the Fiesta Bowl (the game with Jaylon Smith's freak injury) and then eventually being dismissed for gun and marijuana charges. He sat out a year, got his life together and enrolled at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He was named the team's MVP and a D2 first team All-American. This league is perfect for someone like him to show that he's dedicated to football and can stay out of trouble. Hopefully, he can live up to the potential he showed in high school and while at Notre Dame.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Watched Birmingham - Salt Lake City today...saw two Birmingham DB's I wouldn't mind the Cowboys taking a look at:

Cornerback Jamar Summers (5-11,190, Age 23) - He may be the most impressive player I've seen in the Alliance's 2 weeks. He was Byron Jones' teammate at UConn in 2014 and actually replaced Jones as a starter when he got hurt that season. Like Jones, he was shuffled between S and CB while he was at UConn.

Safety Max Redfield (6-1,191, Approx. Age 23) - A former 5-star recruit out of California, he showed flashes at Notre Dame, including a 12-tackle performance against LSU in a bowl game. He had an up and down career at Notre Dame with some of the lows including being suspended for the Fiesta Bowl (the game with Jaylon Smith's freak injury) and then eventually being dismissed for gun and marijuana charges. He sat out a year, got his life together and enrolled at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He was named the team's MVP and a D2 first team All-American. This league is perfect for someone like him to show that he's dedicated to football and can stay out of trouble. Hopefully, he can live up to the potential he showed in high school and while at Notre Dame.

Karter Schult looks really good, probably the best player in the AAF right now. But he probably has the entire NFL on notice.

I also think Summers is probably going to get a ton of interest as well. Came up big late today.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm curious to see which NFL team will bite first and sign one of these guys.

(I don't count Josh Johnson since he never actually played in an AAF game)

I seriously don't know how all four developmental leagues are going to find enough players, especially quarterbacks, next year.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He did not look good last week but today so far was not on him.

Play #1 left tackle instantly beat and Hackenberg takes a blindside hit and fumbles.

Play #2 center rolls the ball back to him.
He still sucks, he'll get benched before this game is over

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want an explanation for the penalty call there. You've got penalties on both sides, but the one on the kicking team was "declined"???

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I was really high on Jeremy Cutrer when he was at Middle Tennessee State.

Arizona looks like a totally different team this week.