Is Baltimore's Defense Overrated?

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
One mroe thing - according to NFL .com - they have only scored on defense and special teams 5 times this year.

On defense and special teams we have scored 4 times.

I'm starting to believe that besides a very good run defense - we are overblowing this Raven defense a bit.

Clicky to Stat Page

The Panch

Reaction score
Their defense isnt overrated, but they arent clutch either. They let Kerry Collins and Roethlisberger drive on em in Baltimore to win the game. Great defenses dont do that.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
l0ngsh0t;2502522 said:
One mroe thing - according to NFL .com - they have only scored on defense and special teams 5 times this year.

On defense and special teams we have scored 4 times.

I'm starting to believe that besides a very good run defense - we are overblowing this Raven defense a bit.

Clicky to Stat Page

You're looking at the incorrect page. That shows how many defensive and special teams TDs have been scored against a team, not by a team.

Dallas has 2 return TDs, Jones' KO return and Jenkins INT plus one safety.

Coversely, Baltimore has 5 INT returns, a fumble return and 3 safeties.

l0ngsh0t

Reaction score
Good stuff - Then I'm corrected . 6 defensive returns for tds is pretty substantial.

MONT17

Reaction score
the Ravens D is overrated.... in fantasy football!

hey look for the Cowboys sacks to continue Saturday in a big way... Flacco has a helva arm but he looks slower than Eli and his footwork at the top of his drop, is considered his weakness!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Good defense....almost as good as the Steelers and they gave the Boys fits....however this will be on a fast track and I have a feeling we put up between 21-24 against them.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Ravens D is not only the Number 2 in the NFL , it will also be the second best defense in Texas Stadium on Sunday Nigt...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2502048 said:
STOP!!!!!! Come on! You play who is on the schedule and they whooped their butts. They are what they are.... #2 ranked D.

Are we "what we are"? Are we the 8th ranked defense? Yes. If Phillips had been calling plays all season long would we be ranked at no. 8? No, probably not.

Dallas is playing way better than the 8th best defense in the NFL. IMO, Dallas currently has the 2nd best defense behind Pitt... and it's pretty close between those two.

Just because the Ravens are ranked 2nd overall doesn't mean that they actually have the second best defense going right now.

I do think they are good on D though... I just think they probably aren't the second best at the moment. Who they've played should absolutely be looked at when taking a common sense approach to determining how good their defense really is.

JMO

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2502624 said:
Are we "what we are"? Are we the 8th ranked defense? Yes. If Phillips had been calling plays all season long would we be ranked at no. 8? No, probably not.

Dallas is playing way better than the 8th best defense in the NFL. IMO, Dallas currently has the 2nd best defense behind Pitt... and it's pretty close between those two.

Just because the Ravens are ranked 2nd overall doesn't mean that they actually have the second best defense going right now.

I do think they are good on D though... I just think they probably aren't the second best at the moment. Who they've played should absolutely be looked at when taking a common sense approach to determining how good their defense really is.

JMO

:star: :star: :star:

I hope you guys are right!

I don't follow most teams except the NFCE, so I really don't know alot about other teams.

But, what you are saying makes sense...