Is Belichick the Head Coach next year?

Will Bill Belichick be coaching the Cowboys next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quickccc

Reaction score
Nope.

- Belichek ran Tom Brady off from NE

- Belichek's ego and arrogance got so bad that the long time Pats owner ran Belichek off from the Pats.

- Even despite full and total control of player personnel, FA, draft, trades and signings , Belichek began putting up some bad teams after Brady
jumped town.

- Cowboys adore Wil McClay too much to have him surrender the NFL draft and FA hunt over to Belichek. Plus if Belly comes aboard, then McClay
would likely leave.

- Belichek would eventually bump heads with the Jones, and eventually the other jerk named Josh Daniels as OC, would make his way here.
it's not a given that he'll get along with Dak - he's had his picks of QBs to hate.

- I could see Belichek name on mention because of the dynasty- Pats, .. he's still a brilliant defensive master mind - maybe the best in that area in all NFL.
and given " full control " , i think Belly would have best chance of lowing the penalties that have just plagued this team- always at the
very top or among the leading

- Cowboys most likely gonna want a past proven winning vet HC instead of gambling on young, unproven assistants. ala Ben Johnson

Kwyn

Reaction score
I want to look back on this next year when we know.

No ifs, ands or buts. Yes or no? Is Bill Belichick the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys a year from now?
I voted yes but, in general, a year out, having a poll where it’s one complete unknown against an entire field of unknowns is a poorly structured one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Big Mac has no shot this year as lame duck and only patch job so far a 32 year old LB.
  • Jerry prefers veteran coaches.
  • Jimmy Johnson is Bill Belichick's mentor.
  • Jerry likes making headlines with HOF coaches.
Patchwork isn't over. It's only April. Training camp is over 3 months away.
Jerry prefers vet coaches? And making headlines with HOF coaches? You mean like Garrett in training for 10 years?
Jimmy is Bill's mentor. So what?

LysleE

Reaction score
I cannot imagine that BB, with all his credentials and coming from a well-run organization with a hands-off owner would want to work for a control-freak like Jones and this dysfunctional organization…there is no way these two could co-exist for any meaningful amount of time. This would be Jones-Parcells redux.
The sad thing is with good coaching, organizational accountability and no distractions other than football, this team might actually win a playoff game.