Is Brian Stewart in over his head?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2297048 said:
I wonder why his Defense worked so good against the Packers if he has no abilities whatsoever?

I do think he is on the hot seat and so is Wade, because they were brought here to fix the Defense, but let's not go overboard.

My guess is that is lost in the 'We suck' crowd. I do think the defense needs to rise up a little more and be more aggressive. Other than that it's still a top ten defense with a lot of talent.

And many seem to forget we're playing a CB still recovering from a groin injury (they linger forever), a CB shaking rust and learning a new scheme, and two rookies learning to play in the NFL.

You can't dismiss the problems but you're right about putting them into proper perspective. 12 more games to get it working right.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Mash;2297754 said:
This D is too passive.......plain and simple

We can complain all we want about our offense.....but in reality.....it has been our offense that has carried this team the past year and a half all on the backs of a old but very good WR and a FA QB that has started 2 years.

The money and draft picks have been spent on this defense.....players like Spencer....Newman....Hamlin.....Ware.....Thomas....etc have to lead.

Instead....we get pushed around....we play soft.....we have no identity.

Coaches? scheme?......I don't know.........but if this team is goin to win a championship........this defense needs to step up.....its time for the players to force a 3 and out and get their rests and stop depending on the offense to give them a breather.

Im tired watching aggressive teams like tonights game Steelers vs the Ravens play aggressive......watching opposing teams like the Eagles...Skins....Packers man us up and dare to beat us......where is that attitude here?

Are we going to continue playing a soft defense and hope the opposing teams breaks down and kicks FG's?

IMHO....I rather fail being aggressive.

The biggest problem I have with the scheme is that it keeps our O off the field. It eliminates a lot of big plays, but our guys aren't in good position for any interceptions and HAVE to tackle very well.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
sessman;2296918 said:
He made no changes. Why does Ware line up in the same spot everytime.(Over the left tackle) The right tackle suppose to be the weaker pass protector, why not play him more on that side.(less chipping) We drafted a corner in the first round, picked up pacman, and gave Newman and Hamlin contracts and we still play a soft zone. Do we even practice tackling?

are you forgetting the TE ???