Is Carolina A Legit SB Contender?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Yes, IMO they're the best contender in the NFC, though I'm rooting for someone to knock them off. I can't stand the arrogant way Cam Newton celebrates in the endzone. He's worse than Victor Cruz. If I could write any script (other than a highly improbable Cowboys Super Bowl run), I would have Carolina get to the Super Bowl against some team I don't hate, maybe the Broncos. Then Carolina mounts a big first half lead, but the Broncos come back and retake the lead. Then with the Super Bowl on the line, the Panthers get the ball back with 1:30 left and all their timeouts and a chance to overcome the 4-point deficit. Then they drive down to the Broncos 10 yard line with 10 seconds left and Newton rolls out to his right and FUMBLES, costing his team the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Carolina's D is legit so they're a legit Super Bowl consider. If you ask me who I trust more at the quarterback position between Cam and Carson Palmer, I have to go with Cam. Carson is good, but he's older. I think the Panthers pass rush gets to him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they're a legit contender. I like AZ a little better, but the two are the class of the NFC this season.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
:( Times have changed now that Carolina and Arizona are considered the class of the NFC. This feels like a bad dream.