Is CeeDee Lamb turning into a Number 1 receiver?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I've been knowing for quite some time now that it takes most wide receivers 3.5 years before they really established themselves. So the fans that was saying he wasn't a number one, before he got to the 3.5 years mark... was crazy to me.

So, with Gallup regaining his confidence and Lamb showcasing his true skill set, what do we need OBJ for?
He’s better than both and faster than both.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
As far as I’m concerned, we have a 1a, 1b. People get too caught up on the definition of a “true” #1 receiver.

ghst187

Reaction score
#1 now by default and being far and away the best WR currently on the roster so he gets commensurate targets. He seems to be on a great trajectory right now but I have a hard time seeing him commanding #1 money as a UFA right now.. maybe he continues ascending but don’t see it yet.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Played extremely well the past 2 games. I'm liking his effort. It's like he's heard the naysayers and he's stepped it up. Anyone agree?

I think he is making some big plays, that i do agree. But i still feel we have receivers who are the worst route runners. No wonder they can't get much separation from DBs... no great fakes, no sharp cuts, no change of speed .....just no everything. It seems it is something not taught as a group when everyone is doing this. This was something Amari was good at.

exciter

Reaction score
Played extremely well the past 2 games. I'm liking his effort. It's like he's heard the naysayers and he's stepped it up. Anyone agree?
As of yesterday’s game, he’s now on pace for 98rec for 1324 yards, playing in a predominantly 12 personnel run heavy offense and with the other receiver still being somewhat limited from last season injury. He still has things to work on like catching that 2nd int with his hands and not letting it get to his body but yeah, I’m increasingly becoming more pleased!

UncleRico

Reaction score
Started a thread this week saying he wasn’t but he is surely becoming one. Playing great rn

shabazz

Reaction score
Looks like Lamb is finally stringing back to back games of holding on to the ball. It was his big glaring weakness and he’s just got to continue it

NickZepp

Reaction score
OBJ is better than both? Yea, maybe like 5 years ago.

Dudes a complimentary WR at best at this point in his career.
OBJ will be a really good WR in the red zone if we get him. But our TEs seem to be filling that role fine right now.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Looks like Lamb is finally stringing back to back games of holding on to the ball. It was his big glaring weakness and he’s just got to continue it

He's been stringing them along pretty much all year.

Game 1 2 catches 29 yards
game 2 7 catches 75 yards
game 3 8 catches 87 yards
game 4 6 catches 97 yards
game 5 5 catches 53 yards
game 6 5 catches 68 yards
game 7 4 catches 70 yards
game 8 5 catches 77 yards
game 9 11 catches 150 yards
game 10 5 catches 45 yards
game 11 6 catches 106 yards

Basically he has one dud game against Tampa Bay. His 53 yard game was when the passing yards were just over 100 yards. You can argue he played a bad game for Minnesota. But I guess most people aren't really seeing that from week 2-9 he was already putting up solid game week after week.

cnuball21

Reaction score
OBJ will be a really good WR in the red zone if we get him. But our TEs seem to be filling that role fine right now.

Maybe, we have no idea how how he’s going to bounce back from the 2nd surgery.

He also just got kicked off a plane for some nonsense so hard pass.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Maybe, we have no idea how how he’s going to bounce back from the 2nd surgery.

He also just got kicked off a plane for some nonsense so hard pass.
S m h done if you act like you’re perfect: there are people in this country who lied in innocent people and got then killed( the woman who lied on emmitt till) and they’ll get forgiven. But o b j , mike vick, chris brown and others can’t be forgiven by some people.