Is Dak’s accuracy related to too much muscle?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cousins averages around the same as Prescott in terms of yards per completion. So unless you can show me his WRs doing all the work, I'm going to say it's not that big of a difference scheme wise.

You can SAY whatever you want. If you are unable to distinguish between the systems run in Minny and the one run in Dallas then there's really no point of further discussion.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think now the we've seen 6 seasons of him, we just need to accept that he's not HOF caliber or even a pro bowl caliber QB. He's never going to be the kind of QB who makes everyone around him better and that has nothing to do with his physical ability to throw a football.

There is an "it" factor at the QB position that is hard to quantify and measure. It is the thing that made Troy Aikman so much better than other 6'4 225 lb Qbs. Physical attributes only get you so far as a QB. The rest is intangible. Whatever "it" is, Dak doesn't have it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You can SAY whatever you want. If you are unable to distinguish between the systems run in Minny and the one run in Dallas then there's really no point of further discussion.

I am giving you stats, your claim is that he just dumps the ball off. That's your claim to support. I look at the stats and Cousins and Prescott throw around the same amount of passes and similar yards per attempt - so do the Vikings (and Commanders, who Cousins used to play for) just have better WRs for after the catch yards?

I think you're just talking out of your ***.

Qcard

Reaction score
the lack of anticipation in my opinion is result of him not trusting himself to put the ball where it needs to go and when, so he holds on to the ball too long. its direct result of his accuracy issues later in the year.
Hater Hater Dak Hater!!!:lmao2::lmao2:

Reactions: Ken

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You actually think video evidence will change a Dak Haters mind??

They do not use Football or Football metrics when spewing Dak Hate...it's all in their Eyes!!

I'm using football metrics - Dak is an NFL QB, he's going to make throws like that every once in a while. I'm sure Jimmy G has something like that in his highlights as well. Then again, I'm not sure how a floater ball off his back foot with CeeDee having space is indicative of something he does consistently.

But I'm sure you can give me "football metrics" better, guru.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am giving you stats, your claim is that he just dumps the ball off. That's your claim to support. I look at the stats and Cousins and Prescott throw around the same amount of passes and similar yards per attempt - so do the Vikings (and Football Team, who Cousins used to play for) just have better WRs for after the catch yards?

I think you're just talking out of your ***.

In the 2020 season the Cowboys receivers were leading the NFL in yards after the catch before Dak got hurt. No one said Cousins "just dumps the ball off." Those are your words not mine. I said he plays in the WCO which feature more shorter routes. Again if you don't understand that then this discussion is even more pointless than the rest of what goes on here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
In the 2020 season the Cowboys receivers were leading the NFL in yards after the catch before Dak got hurt. No one said Cousins "just dumps the ball off." Those are your words not mine. I said he plays in the WCO which feature more shorter routes. Again if you don't understand that then this discussion is even more pointless than the rest of what goes on here.

LOL shorter routes, yet somehow with similar pass attempts they are averaging around the same amount of yards a completion.

I will repeat: You're talking out of your *** per usual.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm using football metrics - Dak is an NFL QB, he's going to make throws like that every once in a while. I'm sure Jimmy G has something like that in his highlights as well. Then again, I'm not sure how a floater ball off his back foot with CeeDee having space is indicative of something he does consistently.

Why certainly.. You must mean football metrics like passer rating had Dak 3rd in the league.. and his completion percentage was 4th.. and that was even after enduring a "slump" over the last 10 games of the season..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL shorter routes, yet somehow with similar pass attempts they are averaging around the same amount of yards a completion.

I will repeat: You're talking out of your *** per usual.

The lack of football acumen (ie stupid) is strong in this one...

Later dude..

Ken

Reaction score

Hillarious the spin.

One of the best passes I saw all year from anyone...immediately minimized by the haters.

He didn't have space until Dak threw it where he could get space.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why certainly.. You must mean football metrics like passer rating had Dak 3rd in the league.. and his completion percentage was 4th.. and that was even after enduring a "slump" over the last 10 games of the season..

Yeah, he was also 11th in QBR but with just the outdated Quarterback rating, he was right next to "Mr. Short Route Passer" Kirk Cousins.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hillarious the spin.

One of the best passes I saw all year from anyone...immediately minimized by the haters.

He didn't have space until Dak threw it where he could get space.

Do you only watch Cowboys games?

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
No they don't, I'm showing you that you can have accuracy issues but still have a high completion % in the modern NFL. Cousins, Carr, and especially Mac Jones ALL have question marks in this regard.

Modern NFL and schemes have allowed WRs to get more space, bigger window for QBs to throw in. I remember Tom Brady a couple years ago talking about this compared to the first few years of his career.

The NFL has continually made it tougher for defenses to play defense as well. The QB position is much easier then it was even 10 years ago.

Qcard

Reaction score

Lookit....I've followed enough Dak Hate Posts long enough to know even when Dakota was playing at an MVP level Dak Haters skewed the stats or move the goalpost to pacify their Eye Test.

Like @Ken mentioned being 4th in any category is considered good but Dak Haters convoluted and petty fog the Facts...."No they don't, I'm showing you that you can have accuracy issues but still have a high completion % in the modern NFL. Cousins, Carr, and especially Mac Jones ALL have question marks in this regard.

Modern NFL and schemes have allowed WRs to get more space, bigger window for QBs to throw in. I remember Tom Brady a couple years ago talking about this compared to the first few years of his career." @mattjames2010

Dakota Prescott can only play in the Football Era as it is.....

Reactions: Ken

Swagger

Reaction score
Tim Tebow.....with weaker running ability.
Uses his upper body strength to throw and his mechanics/footwork are probably the worst in the NFL!
P.S.Kinda of gets stupid when pressured....panic stupid!
:laugh: true!
Dak Tebow

Swagger

Reaction score
How can we find out who is Josh Allen training with? Allen was highly inaccurate and somehow the one thing that no one believed can change, actually did change.
Probably because he stopped having to throw the ball to Cole Beaseley as his WR1 and his o line improved from being truly horrific to just bad.
I.e. he was given reasonable ability around him and he balled out.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lookit....I've followed enough Dak Hate Posts long enough to know even when Dakota was playing at an MVP level Dak Haters skewed the stats or move the goalpost to pacify their Eye Test.

Like @Ken mentioned being 4th in an category is considered good but Dak Haters convoluted and petty fog the Facts...."No they don't, I'm showing you that you can have accuracy issues but still have a high completion % in the modern NFL. Cousins, Carr, and especially Mac Jones ALL have question marks in this regard.

Modern NFL and schemes have allowed WRs to get more space, bigger window for QBs to throw in. I remember Tom Brady a couple years ago talking about this compared to the first few years of his career." @mattjames2010

Dakota Prescott can only play in the Football Era as it is.....

There was nothing "MVP" level about Dak's game this year. If everyone you respond to are haters, that would make you a blind lover. Opposite side of the extreme.