Is Dak’s accuracy related to too much muscle?

Swagger

Reaction score
I think now the we've seen 6 seasons of him, we just need to accept that he's not HOF caliber or even a pro bowl caliber QB. He's never going to be the kind of QB who makes everyone around him better and that has nothing to do with his physical ability to throw a football.

There is an "it" factor at the QB position that is hard to quantify and measure. It is the thing that made Troy Aikman so much better than other 6'4 225 lb Qbs. Physical attributes only get you so far as a QB. The rest is intangible. Whatever "it" is, Dak doesn't have it.
But what about the intangibles?

Qcard

Reaction score
There was nothing "MVP" level about Dak's game this year. If everyone you respond to are haters, that would make you a blind lover. Opposite side of the extreme.
I said "even when"....that doesn’t mean I meant this year...

How about last year before the injury then after?

Dak Hater's "aNdY RoUcket DalToN CAN dO tHa sAmE"

Dak Haters are slow

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hater Hater Dak Hater!!!:lmao2::lmao2:

using one example is not enough to prove anything...but if you looked at that throw in particular, you would notice how he set his feet, pivoted around his hip and kept his backfoot and pivoted off of it....that's the expected footwork that leads to accurate throws.....he didn't do that consistently....that's the issue...watch the philly game that despite the end result his form was down right awful..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think now the we've seen 6 seasons of him, we just need to accept that he's not HOF caliber or even a pro bowl caliber QB. He's never going to be the kind of QB who makes everyone around him better and that has nothing to do with his physical ability to throw a football.

There is an "it" factor at the QB position that is hard to quantify and measure. It is the thing that made Troy Aikman so much better than other 6'4 225 lb Qbs. Physical attributes only get you so far as a QB. The rest is intangible. Whatever "it" is, Dak doesn't have it.
he was never a HOF type QB, but he has been to multiple probowls...but probowls are a joke any more...does anyone still pay attention to probowl players!!!

Qcard

Reaction score
using one example is not enough to prove anything...but if you looked at that throw in particular, you would notice how he set his feet, pivoted around his hip and kept his backfoot and pivoted off of it....that's the expected footwork that leads to accurate throws.....he didn't do that consistently....that's the issue...watch the philly game that despite the end result his form was down right awful..
Would you like an Offensive Lineman Grade for everyone of Dakota's inaccurate throws too...

Go impress someone at the bar

Dak Haters are QB whisperers:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There was nothing "MVP" level about Dak's game this year. If everyone you respond to are haters, that would make you a blind lover. Opposite side of the extreme.
well, early on in the year, the first 6 games he was actually playing at a very high level.....so what you say, is not true....the last 9-10 games, only a few against Atlanta, Washington (game 2) and Philly were good...but they were all undermanned

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I said "even when"....that doesn’t mean I meant this year...

How about last year before the injury then after?

Dak Hater's "aNdY RoUcket DalToN CAN dO tHa sAmE"

Dak Haters are slow

Yes, and I'm saying there wasn't a point in the season he was playing at MVP level or any other season of his career.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
well, early on in the year, the first 6 games he was actually playing at a very high level.....so what you say, is not true....the last 9-10 games, only a few against Atlanta, Washington (game 2) and Philly were good...but they were all undermanned

> very high level

Who the hell did he play? Through that stretch, you had the Bucs, Chargers, and Patriots. Bucs was probably the best game out of those and that was the opener, Chargers he had a 0 TD game and 1 INT. Patriots sucked early on in the year like they did late in the season.

Are we really here saying he was MVP level for beating up on the Giants, Carolina, and Philly?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Would you like an Offensive Lineman Grade for everyone of Dakota's inaccurate throws too...

Go impress someone at the bar

Dak Haters are QB whisperers:laugh:
I am not trying to impress anybody. in fact I have been accused on many many occasions that I am dak supporter and dak lover or what ever. I have objectively watched his earlier games and then later on in the year and his mechanics and fundamentals were pretty bad...one thing I have said before if you had ready any of my previous posts was that he was actually better from the pocket, where he would drop back and set his feet, when moving, he would get very very sloppy, even if it was in the pocket. he tended to lift his back foot on some throws from the pocket as well, but not as many. he was worse running to his right, than to the left, although its more difficult to make a throw going left. not sure why.

watch the niners game and you will see.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
> very high level

Who the hell did he play? Through that stretch, you had the Bucs, Chargers, and Patriots. Bucs was probably the best game out of those and that was the opener, Chargers he had a 0 TD game and 1 INT. Patriots sucked early on in the year like they did late in the season.

Are we really here saying he was MVP level for beating up on the Giants, Carolina, and Philly?
that level of competition is about the same for other teams as well. you seem to be complaining why we didn't have a tougher schedule. and you complain about no TD game vs. chargers, but didn't mention he was 23/27 (85%) and led a very efficient offense. we got close and we rushed the ball in....is that not OK?

he had a great game against NE, where both tampa and NE boasted top 5 defenses.

and what I am hearing is a bit of a spin...Patriots sucked early in the year so that doesn't count!!! and you dismissed Panthers when they were 3-0 and didn't suck earlier in the year....

now, lets do the same excercise for other QBs, gauge the level of competition and eliminate games that the opposing team sucked earlier in the year...

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
does it matter? he did play tampa...., Chargers, patriots, panthers walking in 3-0....

that's about the same for almost every team....

Yes, it matters. It matters greatly, I'm not impressed with him beating up on crap teams - that's actually a pretty big issue with this team as a whole. We put up 40+ on scrubs just to look like dog crap against decent teams.

When I hear "MVP they have to raise their game consistently against great teams. He didn't play a great game against the Chargers, he was serviceable. The Bucs and Cowboys game was the first game of the year, there's not a ton you can take away from this stuff. We didn't have a very difficult schedule early on. Dak's best game of the season was probably the Raiders game, but I'm not impressed with is performance in the first 6 weeks and I'm not surprised he started to look bad once the schedule and defenses he faced were slightly tougher.

We have context now about the teams you are talking about. The Patriots were not good, they were a 2 win team that got hot mid-season and we faced them BEFORE this. Carolina was 3-0 and then went on to win...2 games the rest of the season. Chargers were a good team all year and Dak didn't play at an MVP level against them. I said the best of the bunch was his game against the Bucs, I don't deny that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, it matters. It matters greatly, I'm not impressed with him beating up on crap teams - that's actually a pretty big issue with this team as a whole. We put up 40+ on scrubs just to look like dog crap against decent teams.

When I hear "MVP they have to raise their game consistently against great teams. He didn't play a great game against the Chargers, he was serviceable. The Bucs and Cowboys game was the first game of the year, there's not a ton you can take away from this stuff. We didn't have a very difficult schedule early on. Dak's best game of the season was probably the Raiders game, but I'm not impressed with is performance in the first 6 weeks and I'm not surprised he started to look bad once the schedule and defenses he faced were slightly tougher.

We have context now about the teams you are talking about. The Patriots were not good, they were a 2 win team that got hot mid-season and we faced them BEFORE this. Carolina was 3-0 and then went on to win...2 games the rest of the season. Chargers were a good team all year and Dak didn't play at an MVP level against them. I said the best of the bunch was his game against the Bucs, I don't deny that.
Tampa was crap? Panthers were 3-0 (by the same token you said NE was crap earlier in the year, panthers were good then? or is it the end result we are considering depending on when it fits the argument?). chargers were a good team and barely missed playoffs.

and every team and I mean every team and every QB beats up on crappy teams...that's what you are supposed to do....that's why they are crappy.

and I don't say MVP...all the writers and analysts, etc. said he was MVP candidate.... go argue with them.

you are not impressed. OOOKKK then, we will take that into consideration for the future

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Tampa was crap? Panthers were 3-0 (by the same token you said NE was crap earlier in the year, panthers were good then? or is it the end result we are considering depending on when it fits the argument?). chargers were a good team and barely missed playoffs.

and every team and I mean every team and every QB beats up on crappy teams...that's what you are supposed to do....that's why they are crappy.

and I don't say MVP...all the writers and analysts, etc. said he was MVP candidate.... go argue with them.

you are not impressed. OOOKKK then, we will take that into consideration for the future

I didn't say Tampa was crap, I said the opener you can't take much away from it. That was his best performance in those 6 games - New Orleans also stomped Green Bay in week 1. Is that indicative to how the Packers played the rest of the year? Who is the most likely to win MVP?

This is such a low standard, that a dude beating up on crap teams is now MVP level.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he looked in much better shape as a rookie than he does now.

I don't know if it's muscle or chunkiness, but he has gained a few.

Him and Zeke have been on the same diet since 2016 it seems, fatter and more unathletic every year.
Dak I’d like 15-20 pounds lesser than he was his rookie year….you’re lost lol.