Is Dak declaring war on the Cowboys FO?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Dak’s agent knows we don’t have a backup plan. Philip Rivers is washed up and we have no idea if he’d even choose to play in Dallas. You might get one year out of Tom Brady who again, might much rather play in Vegas or LA. I guess you can put a little pressure on Dak if you draft Tua in the 2nd or trade up for a late 1st but is that really something we want to be doing? Seems like McCarthy was a win-now move, so if I was Dak I’d call Dallas’ bluff too. He’s their only real opportunity to be competitive this year and next imo. Brady seems like a pipe dream and who knows if it would even workout all that well.
Agreed. No back-up plan. He also knows that

1. Jerry isn't getting any younger, he wants to win now (drafting a QB and waiting 3 or 4 years for him to possibly be better than Dak isn't realistic for jerry whose nearing 80 years old)
and
2. They have guys like La'el, Tyron, Frederick, Martin, Jaylon Smith, Zeke, and Tank all locked up to big money deals. Agent knows if Dak refused to play the front office will risk wasting these contracts by drafting a QB and sucking or the next 2 or 3 years.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Ummm. He’s played for 2 million over 4 years. He has earned the right to sit out if he wants to be paid.

Sure he’s earned the right to do so. Doesn’t mean you should do it at said time. It’s a big mistake IMO to do that. He’s a QB. He’s not like Zeke. Again, this is giving off bad messages and vibes to not only the team but to the coaching staff. Weren’t you the one that speculated that the team may not like Zeke as much after his holdout? Didn’t you say the line possibly may not block as well for him? Who’s to say the same might not happen to Dak? Again, the FO is not completely sold on him. They would’ve paid him by now much like his draft counterparts, also, it’s not like the FO hasn’t given him any offers. They have offered around Goff/Wentz money and he declined. Like I said, it’s escalating too far. If he wants to sit out, fine. At least let us know before the draft.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If Dak and all these people who highly support him would just admit to themselves Dak is somewhere in the middle of all 32 QBs and yes he deserves to be paid but not 35 mil. In all honesty he deserves a 5 year contract at about 24- 25 mil a year. This whole thing is getting overblown.

Agreed, but it’s hard for many to seek the truth. I’m getting tired of this. Either handcuff the team and pay him what he wants, or draft a rookie. Just get it over with. It’s really not that hard of a decision.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak will hold-out .

$$ $$$ ... Jerrah "doesn't get hand cramps when writing checks ."

Jerrah will take a knee to Dak ., its done . Dak will get paid more than Mahomes and Brady ever will , because the Jones are dumb as can be .

Darkhound

Reaction score
I like Dak as a person and BUT I THINK HE is not an elite QB and all this was cuased by Zekes holdout

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's not helping his case by holding out and refusing to show up to the Dallas facilities. It doesn't set a good example for the new coaching staff, who seem to have a lot of power now since cleaning house. Dak had almost every weapon at his disposal and still couldn't step up to the plate THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. I understand having 1-3 bad games, but he was terrible the entire 2nd half of the season. I understand wanting to get paid as the player, and I know football is a business, but I agree on the transition tag or whatever tag it is where it allows for that player to be traded. Let him find out his own value and go from there. This is going too far. Other players of other teams don't have such problems, and if they do, they're rare.

Also, a QB shouldn't hold out. A RB or WR, sure. QB? No. Not a good look at all.
More lies...as usual.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I want to declare war on Dak threads.

You need to file the correct forms

Form #444 - These Dak threads driving me crazy
Form #444a - Don't yall got nothing else to talk about
and form #444b - Pay the Man!

In triplicate.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You need to file the correct forms

Form #444 - These Dak threads driving me crazy
Form #444a - Don't yall got nothing else to talk about
and form #444b - Pay the Man!

In triplicate.
And then queue.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So it's looking like a showdown is looming soon.

I had hoped this would not happen.

I don’t know what he’s doing.. But nothing less or nothing more thanAnything before him. Play the kid he’s worth it. Best quarterback in his draft in class in my opinion

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Nope, both sides are negotiating hard but in the end, it is in both side's best interest to get a deal done.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dak and all these people who highly support him would just admit to themselves Dak is somewhere in the middle of all 32 QBs and yes he deserves to be paid but not 35 mil. In all honesty he deserves a 5 year contract at about 24- 25 mil a year. This whole thing is getting overblown.

You’re high.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So it's looking like a showdown is looming soon.

I had hoped this would not happen.

If his agent wants a contract based on inflated speculations about the future, then everyone should just agree that Dak will play on the tag this year, and they'll work out a contract next year.

Dak should show up and practice in the meantime. Jerry would be totally clowned if he started passing out contracts based on the fantasies of agents about future CBAs. They should accept that they have different expectations about the future, and wait for the future to clarify who is right.

aria

Reaction score
I know this was just meant as a passive-aggressive shot at Zeke, but Dak isn't that guy. And when I say he's not that guy, I mean he doesn't have the stature of being a top 3 player at his position. But by all means, go on to Cabo.
No passive, just aggressive and without the O line Zeke wouldn’t be top 3. Again, RB’s are easier to replace and not as dispensable as QB’s or any other position for that matter. I’m not saying Dak is all that but he would be much harder to replace, barring a top draft pick, than some people think.

ondaedg

Reaction score
He's not helping his case by holding out and refusing to show up to the Dallas facilities. It doesn't set a good example for the new coaching staff, who seem to have a lot of power now since cleaning house. Dak had almost every weapon at his disposal and still couldn't step up to the plate THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. I understand having 1-3 bad games, but he was terrible the entire 2nd half of the season. I understand wanting to get paid as the player, and I know football is a business, but I agree on the transition tag or whatever tag it is where it allows for that player to be traded. Let him find out his own value and go from there. This is going too far. Other players of other teams don't have such problems, and if they do, they're rare.

Also, a QB shouldn't hold out. A RB or WR, sure. QB? No. Not a good look at all.

He and his agent know his value. It's only a secret to a few Zoners.

:muttley: