Is Dak on Wentz level or bus driver?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We already know the answer to that question, but the next 6 weeks will at least remove that talking point from the debate.

We've seen Dak be successful already on drives where Zeke is not in the game. I don't know why people are curious what it's going to look like. It's going to look the same except there will be some missed pick ups in the passing game and we'll have to do things differently in short yardage and we'll have fewer big plays from the RBs and will have to replace them with big passing plays or with Dak running himself.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We already know the answer to that question, but the next 6 weeks will at least remove that talking point from the debate.

We've seen Dak be successful already on drives where Zeke is not in the game. I don't know why people are curious what it's going to look like. It's going to look the same except there will be some missed pick ups in the passing game and we'll have to do things differently in short yardage and we'll have fewer big plays from the RBs and will have to replace them with big passing plays or with Dak running himself.
The narrative will quickly flip to the OL and any RB and QB can succeed with them, even there's two new starters, one in a brand new position.
It's easy to call what happens next when most people are simple.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
According to some, he is on the same level as Moses.
gh67N5W.gif

pitt33

Reaction score

Other than that...we’ll be fine.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I think Dak is in the perfect situation and environment, has a great offensive line, strong running game, good tightend and good receiving core...Between the two QB's, I think Wentz has more talent and higher ceiling.... Dak is mature and understands about controlling the clock and not turning over the ball......if you placed both Qb's on a team like Cleveland, I think Wentz would do a little better....both are very good young quarterbacks but getting your long term starter with a compensatory pick in the fourth round is a major bonus!

Dak can look off safeties and throw receivers open, not to mention the small things you can't teach (throwing ball at feet to save a tackle for loss or sack, not defaulting to running away when the main read is covered). Wentz still has a nasty habit of staring receivers down which may be picked up on soon enough if he doesn't stop, and he will run out of pocket if main target isn't open. Wentz definitely has a better arm and very fluid in pocket, but lets not act like he's acheived anything Dak hasn't.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
The narrative will quickly flip to the OL and any RB and QB can succeed with them, even there's two new starters, one in a brand new position.
It's easy to call what happens next when most people are simple.
Of course. Only recently has Zeke gotten his props because before it was all oline. Then when Dak gets compared to other qbs it’s (well if our qb had Zeke). The goalposts will always move with #4

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than that...we’ll be fine.

It's not going to be the end of the world. We'll QB sneak 3rd and 1s if Morris can't get them. We'll go with more empty sets in the passing game since we won't be replacing all of Elliott's carries with running plays, so we'll see getting Switzer, Butler and the TE2s involved. And, yeah, Dak will get sacked a couple more times, or we'll have to run more designed rollouts since Zeke is so damn good in pass protection. We'll still be effective offensively. As long as the defensive turnaround is not a mirage, we'll be more than fine. Might not catch PHI for the NFCE without Zeke next week, but we'll still be in contention for a WC.

And then we'll get him back and the team will be fortified and all sorts of pissed off for a road playoff run.

reddyuta

Reaction score
WTH? is with this thread? Wentz now has better RBs,Better TEs and way better WRs to work with with,plus he has a legit Defense which allows him to take more chances.

pitt33

Reaction score
It's not going to be the end of the world. We'll QB sneak 3rd and 1s if Morris can't get them. We'll go with more empty sets in the passing game since we won't be replacing all of Elliott's carries with running plays, so we'll see getting Switzer, Butler and the TE2s involved. And, yeah, Dak will get sacked a couple more times, or we'll have to run more designed rollouts since Zeke is so damn good in pass protection. We'll still be effective offensively. As long as the defensive turnaround is not a mirage, we'll be more than fine. Might not catch PHI for the NFCE without Zeke next week, but we'll still be in contention for a WC.

And then we'll get him back and the team will be fortified and all sorts of pissed off for a road playoff run.
Well we’re about to find out.

I foresee teams blitzing a lot more than they typically would without Zeke back there. And let’s face it, more than anything else, Zeke moved the chains. As simple as that sounds we had some long, time consuming drives with him. So to your point, we will have to have some more big plays in the passing game. I do think TWIII will be a focal point for this offense going forward.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Wentz has better receivers (guys with great speed, good route running ability, and good hands) and a very qb friendly offensive scheme.....Dak has to continually make plays to overcome the shortcomings of his wide receivers (lack of speed, and route running, uncreative offensive scheme) on a weekly basis.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
What if Smith, McFadden and Morris combine to run for 145 yards?

Does that mean Dak is a bus driver but that Zeke is overrated?

My head hurts... lol