Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll show you later
You can show me 102 plays where he didn’t release the football when someone was open. But that proves nothing because you have to understand the pressure the speed of the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those who preach "he doesn't deserve is salary" have no plan. Look at his draft class for example. Half the QBs drafted before him aren't even in the NFL anymore. You have to get to the root of the offensive issues. Dak ain't the weak link.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak’s stock is at an all time low. It won’t matter how he plays in the reg season… he could go 17-0, and the world will still say “show me wins in Jan”.

I wonder if he is starting to struggle under the strain of expectations and pressure? When he gets in big moments his physical mechanics break down and his mental process seems to freeze up.

Basic QB skills seem to erode and become difficult for him to execute. Does he have a mild case of the “yips”— at least in big pressure moments?

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...who-got-yips-and-how-their-careers-worked-out

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What about Aaron Rodgers with one ring. Does that tell you anything. You’re only as good as a supporting cast. The offensive line sucks.

What about it? Does he have a ring? Has he been to the SB? Are we seriously defending Dak with....but Aaron Rodgers has only one ring. LOL, are you for real with this garbage execuse?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Before the season there was a qb ranking thread for Dak, and I had him at 9th. After this season, I think I’d move him up to 8th. I like Tannehill, but wasn’t terribly impressed with how he performed after Henry went down.

Elite is an overused word. Dak’s not elite, he’s not top 5, but he is absolutely top 10. You’re extraordinarily unlikely to get a QB who can play as well as Dak if you move on, and that’s why you paid him 40m$ a year in the first place.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

For those that what to move on what is your plan? Please be realistic and also keep in mind some prospects don’t pan out.

Draft high for QB. Even use our highest draft pick for that despite the others needs we have. Then hope he gives Dak a run for his money.

Dak needs to challenged from within. Every day in practise.

I personally think he's in the upper half of QBs in the league, but definitely not top Level.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When he is on, he is as good as anyone. BUT the disappearing acts of him and the offense as a whole cannot continue to happen. Is that coaching or as that him only? I guess we’ll find out as we have him for at least 3 more years. As a Dak fan, I am a team fan first. If we have multiple games next year that resemble the Denver, AZ or SF games then I would be targeting a QB in the 23 draft.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Old question. He needs a run game. This year our O-Line failed and he failed with them. He came into the league with a O-Line that gave him 5 plus seconds. Now not getting that. If he has a O-Line that will block and get a run game going we will be fine. He lost total confidence. Reminds me of 2017 after the falcons and egirls game. Just off.

He is our QB for a while. We can win with him.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Old question. He needs a run game. This year our O-Line failed and he failed with them. He came into the league with a O-Line that gave him 5 plus seconds. Now not getting that. If he has a O-Line that will block and get a run game going we will be fine. He lost total confidence. Reminds me of 2017 after the falcons and egirls game. Just off.

He is our QB for a while. We can win with him.

Yeah I think if
We fix the running game
We fix the offensive line
We fix the receiving corp so we're not bottom 5 in separation

We'll see Dak return to his form of the first 7 games this past season. It wasn't Dak alone that was responsible for the offense we saw after the first 7 games.

Plus next year he'll be further removed from that horrific ankle injury and most likely not only more willing to take off and run but more able to run away from pursuers.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Before the season there was a qb ranking thread for Dak, and I had him at 9th. After this season, I think I’d move him up to 8th. I like Tannehill, but wasn’t terribly impressed with how he performed after Henry went down.

Elite is an overused word. Dak’s not elite, he’s not top 5, but he is absolutely top 10. You’re extraordinarily unlikely to get a QB who can play as well as Dak if you move on, and that’s why you paid him 40m$ a year in the first place.
Dak is top 10 playing against bad teams.

He drops to middle of the pack or less when he has to play good teams or contenders. He holds the ball too long because he's afraid to make a mistake in smaller but open windows (due to his accuracy issues) and he has problems with his mechanics and reading zone defenses.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Doesn't mean you stop drafting QB's now does it? If it's a QB league then that is the position you are always looking for.
Sure. Just don’t often count on it to work out to a top 3 QB, which is what we all want and some demand as if it’s easy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's reading safety's and LB's based on the play design that's a problem.
Like the TD he threw vs. SF? He read the blitz, found Cooper on a one on one and hit him under pressure. I mean, you either can or can't read a defense.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I don’t think many get the extraordinary unlikely part.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak’s stock is at an all time low. It won’t matter how he plays in the reg season… he could go 17-0, and the world will still say “show me wins in Jan”.

I wonder if he is starting to struggle under the strain of expectations and pressure? When he gets in big moments his physical mechanics break down and his mental process seems to freeze up.

Basic QB skills seem to erode and become difficult for him to execute. Does he have a mild case of the “yips”— at least in big pressure moments?

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...who-got-yips-and-how-their-careers-worked-out

His scouting profiles says the same thing, meaning it is who he is. There isn’t “something that happened and I don’t get it”. It happens year in and year out. People are having a hard time accepting he is, who he is.