Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Let's say Jerry let him test the market and another team signs him. Would you have applauded the decision?
I don’t believe that was ever an option our owner was prepared to explore .

But sure once we franchise tagged him the first year we could have drafted another QB and placed ourselves in a better position to let Dak walk and avoid over paying him after the fact.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don’t believe that was ever an option our owner was prepared to explore .

But sure once we franchise tagged him the first year we could have drafted another QB and placed ourselves in a better position to let Dak walk and avoid over paying him after the fact.

The question was let him test the market and he walks.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I feel for Jerry so often. The man seen Dak & Zeke in their rookie season & like us fans, thought we had something special with the duo. Fans were crying to sign Zeke when he was holding out, Jerry listened. We also seen what Dak was capable of, Jerry had no other choice but to sign him being Dallas had no other QB that would qualify as a starter.

Put yourself in Jerry's shoes just for a minute. It's always easier looking in from the outside & criticize from a keyboard. Yes, they both are overpaid.

• Patrick Mahomes — $45 million per season.
  • Josh Allen — $43 million per season.
  • Dak Prescott — $40 million per season.
  • Deshaun Watson — $39 million per season.
  • Russell Wilson — $35 million per season.
  • Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff — $33.5 million per season. https://sport-net.org/is-dak-a-top-10-qb/

Brax

Reaction score
And your solution to the problem is............ who you gonna replace him with?
Nowhere did I say replace him (didn't see that in any of the posts), they are stuck with him at least 2 more seasons all realize this, there's no 85 bears D or Ray Lewis Ravens D coming in to cover his warts. And MM limited IQ isn't going fix that. Jerry isn't going to get rid of MM so not much will change just the scapegoats year to year. They can win with Dak but MM and KM are not going fix it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Dak is top 10 playing against bad teams.

He drops to middle of the pack or less when he has to play good teams or contenders. He holds the ball too long because he's afraid to make a mistake in smaller but open windows (due to his accuracy issues) and he has problems with his mechanics and reading zone defenses.

He had a pretty great game against New England who finished with the #4 defense.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I
Nowhere did I say replace him (didn't see that in any of the posts), they are stuck with him at least 2 more seasons all realize this, there's no 85 bears D or Ray Lewis Ravens D coming in to cover his warts. And MM limited IQ isn't going fix that. Jerry isn't going to get rid of MM so not much will change just the scapegoats year to year. They can win with Dak but MM and KM are not going fix it.
Speaking of Kellen Moore, I think the Giants would be a perfect fit for them.:muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The question was let him test the market and he walks.
Again our ownership didn’t make decisions leading up to that to place himself in a better position to make that decision.

The fact he didn’t let him with few good choices IMO.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
draft high? why? are they worth the pick? you just want vengence against Dak and in your mind drafting a QB will satisfy that vengence even if that QB is not worth it....facts are 4 out of 5 first round QBs fail. more fail lower in the round than higher in the round and the stats for 2-7 round is even worse. history tells us that the QB has to be really good in college, dominant and then get drafted in top 10 and even then 1 out of 2 or more fail....with the 24th pick, odds are really bad....and you would be reaching (remembrer Paxton Lynch, Manziel)..... I would rather take and OL man. Williams and Biadasz were clearly problematic...no one can deny that....if a top rated QB falls then we should consider, but not out of vengence and anger towards Dak. this has to be done rationally not out of emotions
I always thought that Dak needs to be challenged by a backup QB. Long before the Dak hater posts started in the second half of the season. Ever since that foot injury the Cowboys should have looked for a better QB than Rush etc...

I'm not on a vendetta on Dak, don't worry. Come next season I'll cheer for him again just as much as for all the other guys. It's my team after all. In Bad times and in bad times. But off season is for reflection and bringing all the shortcomings to the table. And Dak has been one of them unfortunately.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
He isnt and I hope the attempt by people here of labelling us as someone filled with hate when we are critical is gone. His gaudy numbers are the era, middle of the pack qb's have numbers now which dwarf hall of famers from not many years back. Dak needs to start beating the better teams plain and simple.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So, I was thinking about how everyone is saying Dak beats up on bad teams. I noticed that Tampa Bay and Dallas played a number of common opponents. So, just for **** & giggles

*FYI where we played common opponents twice (PHI for example) I used the game that with the closest date to when TB played.

2021 Season: Dak Prescott vs Tom Brady - Common opponents (9 games)

Brady
249/368 | 68% completion | 2504 yards | 16 TDs | 6 Ints | 94.8 rating | 7 wins - 2 losses

DAK
214/305 | 70% completion | 2430 yards | 23 TDs | 5 Ints | 112.8 rating | 9 wins - 0 losses

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He isnt and I hope the attempt by people here of labelling us as someone filled with hate when we are critical is gone. His gaudy numbers are the era, middle of the pack qb's have numbers now which dwarf hall of famers from not many years back. Dak needs to start beating the better teams plain and simple.
But we’ve never really beat the better teams . I’m not sure why we’d expect to begin now . This is who we are with Dak.

And our ownership knew it. They just aren’t able to build a better team around him and keep them on the field .

Winning 12 games is a pretty good achievement for this dysfunctional organization;)

Haimerej

Reaction score
Again our ownership didn’t make decisions leading up to that to place himself in a better position to make that decision.

The fact he didn’t let him with few good choices IMO.

It's just a hypothetical. Would you applaud that decision?

DaveRowe

Reaction score
This popularity and image our owner can sell . And even build hype around.

The fact is this dysfunctional ownership simply is unable to build a championship caliber team with or without a QB.

You'll get no argument from me regarding the Jones. The Cowboys need a football person making football decisions and letting the Jones make franchise business decisions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Say they do it anyway.
Sorry. It’s difficult for me to respond to a hypothetical scenario without knowing the specifics which led up to it.

But if they let him walk without making decisions or preparations leading up to it could have set the franchise back until we found another QB.