1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DogFace, Jan 21, 2022.

1. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    38,701 Messages
    69,741 Likes Received
    But what choice did he have? Hadn't he and his son been selling Prescott to the fans? He boxed himself in just like he did when he was negotiating with Romo.

I also think Booger's ego needs these big contracts as part of his showing off. He likes his stars and likes paying them.

Blake likes this.
  2. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,785 Messages
    13,300 Likes Received
    he is not elite....the way he played last year and first half of this year, he was clearly a top 10...the second half of the season, not so much.

3. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

4,711 Messages
    6,272 Likes Received
    Let's say Jerry let him test the market and another team signs him. Would you have applauded the decision?

pjtoadie likes this.
  4. CowboysFaninHouston

24,785 Messages
    13,300 Likes Received
    :facepalm: put your emotions aside

kskboys likes this.
  5. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

5,162 Messages
    4,967 Likes Received
    Dak nation took one week off from the board I see. Guess what Dak nation? The true narrative isn't going to die. He's turrble.

HowardC, Vtwin, DaveRowe and 4 others like this.
  6. CowboysFaninHouston

24,785 Messages
    13,300 Likes Received
    we over invested in Running game. for a declinging player and a position that's easily replaced in the NFL, with rookies often having high impact.

7. CowboysFaninHouston

24,785 Messages
    13,300 Likes Received
    his comment was a mistake. but its the only I remember, so I am not going to terrorize his character because of one statement in an emotional moment. I think you over generalize and your pendelum has swang too far to the other side, where the truth is somewhere in the middle. don't be emotional about this

8. CowboysFaninHouston

24,785 Messages
    13,300 Likes Received
    1st place schedule is totally meaningless. I wish fans would realize. in past it only impacted 2 games out of 16. now its 3 games out of 17. and year to year it differs....Pats played a erd place schedule this year. ended up being the cowboys who finished first in the division. its called that, just to standardize the scheduling.....and seemingly fair...

I don't understand why people keep bringing up the 1st, place, vs. 2nd place schedule

9. Sheepherder

Sheepherder Well-Known Member

877 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    I have a question. If they were to get a running game going, should, that not make life a little easier for Dak?

10. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

4,817 Messages
    5,579 Likes Received
    The slogan, Dak to the future, is the best part lf his game/profile.

11. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!

15,379 Messages
    24,250 Likes Received
    This isn't about emotions (maybe for you) this is about REALITY and I'm not referring to the Bossman here.....

HowardC likes this.
  12. CowboysFaninHouston

24,785 Messages
    13,300 Likes Received
    naw, some of you all have totally emotional hate for Dak and often speak that way.

I am probably the absolute most logical person here.....I only care about cowboys. I don't care about a single player the way you or Bossman do.....and I don't have an agenda.

13. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,885 Messages
    84,316 Likes Received
    Players in general should get paid on their performance. Time & time again we've seen rookies excel & once the rookie contract is over & they land a big payday, their play just goes south, permanently.

14. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

5,162 Messages
    4,967 Likes Received
    Get the best Oline, Best Defense, Best Wr's, Best RB, Best Kicker, Best coaches in the NFL on one team and Dak may win you one playoff game.

DaveRowe likes this.
  15. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

9,288 Messages
    1,987 Likes Received
    Heck no. He’s not even top 10.

Vandyr and Swagger like this.
  16. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

4,817 Messages
    5,579 Likes Received
    11-15 in the league along with Tannehill, Cousins, Carr and Jimmy G. All in the same tier.

HowardC and Vandyr like this.
  17. Sheepherder

Sheepherder Well-Known Member

877 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    And your solution to the problem is............ who you gonna replace him with?

18. RomoplusDezEquals7

RomoplusDezEquals7 Well-Known Member

247 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Exactly. This isn't something new. Dak has been this way his whole career. Jerry paid top 5 money for an average to slightly above average QB. It isn't a slump. There isn't something wrong. He has shown this over and over for 6 years.

19. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

11,423 Messages
    5,624 Likes Received
    It would help some, but it's not going to improve his skill as a QB. He's looked average and sometimes bad recently, at least from the all 22's that I've seen where Kurt Warner dissects his play. Only from analyzing all of these videos of the games in the season can one see if Dak is the issue on a play or not, i.e., not knowing the defense, if he held the ball too long, if he should've thrown it to a receiver at such and such a point, etc., or if it wasn't his fault because a play broke down in some other sense. That's what the Cowboys organization has to assess.

20. RomoplusDezEquals7

RomoplusDezEquals7 Well-Known Member

247 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys can move on in two more seasons without a cap hit, but I could be wrong. It's time to draft a QB. It's easier to make an argument he's 15-20 then top 10 at this point.