Is Dak set up to fail?

egn22

Reaction score
Pretty negative article but several good points.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...scott-and-cowboys-passing-game-face-questions

you have Dak coming off a down 2ND HALF OF SEASON due to his poor play, poor play by WRs, poor coaching scheme, LT getting hurt, RB getting suspended & then you take away his top talent WR, he loses his TE & this year he goes into the year with a lot of question marks of hope around him.. Between the 20-20 we will be fine but we don’t have a red zone solution at all but we will see

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow -- that article offers anything but a rosy picture of what to expect for our 2018 season. The author, however, knows no more than the rest of those who have been following the Cowboys lately. Dak is certainly expected to recover from last season in a way that will likely prove highly demanding of one leading a team that is going through so many adjustments. Like most of us, I'll be hoping for the best, since that's all we can realistically do at this juncture. The Cowboys have improved their talent structure to some extent, although it remains to be seen if it'll be enough. Let's just hope it will be.

Flamma

Reaction score
The author was just stating the obvious. I'm sure his opinion wouldn't have been much different before the start of the 2016 season. Who expected that? Keep in mind Dak didn't have Witten and Dez in their prime. If that crew back in 2016 could get open, these guys should be able to as well.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t think so.

As long as nothing happens to Zeke and the OL stays healthy, then things should be fine.

It’s clear the plan is for them to run the crap out of the ball. As long as the running game is churning, the play action and RPO’s are being used. Then the offense and Dak should be fine.

Also, Dak plays very well when he is well protected. His biggest problem/concern is poor footwork and pocket presence when the protection is poor.

As long as the OL is fine. Dak will be fine.

Billyd

Reaction score
As long as Garrett allows Linehan to call RPOs on first-and-goal at the 2yd line, even when he has Zeke available, there will always be concerns about our RZ strategy.

Let him call..Man you are missing that ball of wax..One, Dak is still not close to having the audible system down. FURTHER Garrett very seldom changez plays from the HC area.

No that my friend was his and Daks dysfunction.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quite the opposite, Dak is set up to succeed. The offense was catered more to him and the line bolstered. If Dak fails, it will be his fault that he could not use the new system properly. Of course, this assumes that Smith, Zeke and the rest of the OLine stay healthy.

If injuries on offense end up minimal and Dak regressed even more, then it might be time to look at other options at QB for 2019.

I think Dak should do fine with the changes coming. He will have to back defenses off with his arm often because Zeke will garner a lot of attention.

Billyd

Reaction score
This is funny..As Long as these three things happen..

No injuries to oline, Connor plays like he was billed..

Tightends at least block well.They should..

Wr are integrated smoothly and quickly , Short pass game, Gadget game is tight..

THESE are all dooable in the offseason...We didnt use this last year coz no speed at the scatback. THIS is how they back off, but the zone scheme was butchered by left gd play..Honestly the Dts were penetrating a yard into the backfield damn near every play last year.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were an opposing DC I would stack the box and do whatever it took to contain Zeke. I would dare Dak to beat me from the pocket. I think that is what you will see until proven otherwise.

"But Prescott said last year's struggles are behind him, per Jon Machota of the Dallas News. And like Jones, he has Texas-sized goals for the upcoming campaign.

"It's all about chasing [Super Bowl] No. 6," he said. "We have the right guys. We're excited. I promise you, 2018 is going to be a great year."

You better be right there Dak or else you will be run out of town faster than you can say ....Oikos Yogurt....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is funny..As Long as two three things happen..

No injuries to oline, Connor plays like he was billed..

Tightends at least block well.They should..

Wr are integrated smoothly and quickly , Short pass game, Gadget game is tight..

THESE are all dooable in the offseason...We didnt use this last year coz no speed at the scatback. THIS is how they back off, but the zone scheme was butchered by left gd play..And honestly the Dts were penetrating a,yard into the backfield damn near every play last year.

And Sagittarius is in Virgo and the Met's win the world serious and birds must be signing OMG isn't having the best OFF-LINE and best HB in the game enough for DAK to rock back there????

Amazing simply amazing the length some will go to excuse ineptness!!!!

Billyd

Reaction score
And Sagittarius is in Virgo and the Met's win the world serious and birds must be signing OMG isn't having the best OFF-LINE and best HB in the game enough for DAK to rock back there????

Amazing simply amazing the length some will go to excuse ineptness!!!!

ONLY when other fans have zero clue as to wear the dike is,leaking.. It all starts up front..

Billyd

Reaction score
YOU must be one of thes that cried for Dak, and now jumping off the bandwagon...!! Lolol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure how we think we helped our 26th ranked passing attack losing our 2 most productive recievers?

We shall see. My greatest hope this year is our defense will be much improved and we’ll have Elliott for 16 games.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No, he is actually set up to succeed this year. He will be in so much of a better situation to run the offense that I don't think he's afforded any excuses this year.

Improved oline, with better depth. Top RB behind him. Better defense.

Great position for any QB.

And great position for the Cowboys. Starting QB for the price of a 4th round pick. Dak doesn't need to make any excuses. He's outplaying what we spent on him many times over.

Billyd

Reaction score
PS PHILLY the pretenders didnt face zeke in the first game. And didnt win the second one...Philly only crows when they win with some kind of advantage, then whines like little girls when they lose..