Is Dak the greatest QB bargain in NFL history?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, Kurt Warner (I know Kurt wasn't 4 years before a new deal, but I'll take those performances of 3 years over 4 years of team failure) edit: I misread Kurts contract history, he was a bargain for 5 years actually.

Warner was a bargain (huge!) but only for one year. He didn’t start until the 1999 season, when he and the St. Louis Rams won a Super Bowl that year. He subsequently signed a big contract in July 2000, including a then-record signing bonus of $17.5 million.

Nobody has yet named a QB that has played as well as Dak for less money over a 4 year period.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Warner was a bargain (huge!) but only for one year. He didn’t start until the 1999 season, when he and the St. Louis Rams won a Super Bowl that year. He subsequently signed a big contract in July 2000, including a then-record signing bonus of $17.5 million.

Nobody has yet named a QB that has played as well as Dak for less money over a 4 year period.
Because they already won a ring prior to getting paid...what exactly is the purpose of this thread? What do you benefit from?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
btw, the OP kind of counting his chickens before all the eggs hatch...what the heck does it mean the best bargain in his first 4 years? so maybe I come up with one, the best bargain in the first 2 years, the best bargain in the first year, the best bargain in the first 3 years, the best bargain in the first 5 years....it seems there was an agenda to choose 4 years....with that said, once Dak gets his deal and in two years we don't have a superbowl, then what do we do...is he the worst bargain in his first 6 years.....

sorry, this was a meaningless, useless post to start...total drivel

JJHLH1

Reaction score
what's your point in posting the original comment? what's the purpose? at this point, it seems you are just arguing to win an argument!!

I probably didn’t phrase my original question very well. I tried to make it more clear with subsequent posts.

I’m specifically referring to salary over a 4-year period. I probably should have said long-term bargain to make it clear.

I realize that players like Brady, Wilson, Warner, are better players and better draft bargains. But that wasn’t what I was asking about.

Or to phrase it in a more specific way, has any QB played as well as Dak and been paid less over a 4 year period.

I could honestly care less about winning an argument, so I apologize if that’s the way it comes across. My point is that if the Cowboys couldn’t even make a real playoff run in this window I don’t know if they ever can.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I probably didn’t phrase my original question very well. I tried to make it more clear with subsequent posts.

I’m specifically referring to salary over a 4-year period. I probably should have said long-term bargain to make it clear.

I realize that players like Brady, Wilson, Warner, are better players and better draft bargains. But that wasn’t what I was asking about.

Or to phrase it in a more specific way, has any QB played as well as Dak and been paid less over a 4 year period.

I could honestly care less about winning an argument, so I apologize if that’s the way it comes across. My point is that if the Cowboys couldn’t even make a real playoff run in this window I don’t know if they ever can.
again, what's your point in coming up with that "achievement".....

and one can argue, no QB has come to a team more ready for a superbowl than Dak. and that in the first 3 years, Dak's stats puts him at average. so bargain? depends on your point of view....unless you are attributing all the wins to Dak and then there is a long argument given he had been middle of the pack QB the first 3 years.

sorry, your premise of creating a statistical category for the first 4 years is totally arbitrary and thus my comments.