Is Dak the greatest QB bargain in NFL history?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dak signed a four year, $2.7 million contract with the Cowboys following his selection as the 135th pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

This year he will earn just over 1% of the team’s cash payout.

My question is, has there ever been a bigger QB bargain in the history of the NFL over a 4-year stretch than one the Cowboys have gotten with Dak? I don’t think so, but if I’m wrong please tell me.

It bothers me that the team has signed players of much lower ability to huge contracts while they haven’t yet gotten a deal done with their best player.

They should have won a Super Bowl during this 4-year window because they won’t ever get a bargain like this again. Poor coaching and management are hard to overcome.
:clap:Awesome O.P. to this Thread,Friend:thumbup:

* What Kinda' money was that Big Ben
( not even gonna tackle the attempted spelling of his last name today,as I'm down to my last glug of Jim beam's marketed brand of "defeated loser" brand of Bourbon left over from gameday) making in his 2nd year of playing in Pittsburgh when he tooled thru trophy town?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Yes he is, but that's not going to last much longer.

Exactly. Which is why the Cowboys are doomed.

If they couldn’t even make an NFC Championship game appearance while their excellent QB was earning less than 1% of the salary cap overall for a 4 year period, the only conclusion I can draw is that they will never do it.

They squandered a golden opportunity.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Exactly. Which is why the Cowboys are doomed.

If they couldn’t even make an NFC Championship game appearance while their excellent QB was earning less than 1% of the salary cap overall for a 4 year period, the only conclusion I can draw is that they will never do it.

They squandered a golden opportunity.
There's no doubt with Prescott making over 30 million a year it will deduct from another part of the offense, or defense. That's where the draft comes in. Teams have to draft good in today's era or they'll be perennial bad teams.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak signed a four year, $2.7 million contract with the Cowboys following his selection as the 135th pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

My question is, has there ever been a bigger QB bargain in the history of the NFL over a 4-year stretch than one the Cowboys have gotten with Dak? I don’t think so, but if I’m wrong please tell me.

It bothers me that the team has signed players of much lower ability to huge contracts while they haven’t yet gotten a deal done with their best player.

They should have won a Super Bowl during this 4-year window because they won’t ever get a bargain like this again. Poor coaching and management are hard to overcome.

Stop doing drugs bud....bad for you.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Stop doing drugs bud....bad for you.

Nobody has named another QB who has played as well as Dak has for 4 years while earning less than 1% of the team’s salary cap or player payroll over that period.

I’m still waiting for your answer. The fact that you don’t have one proves my point.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I'm thinking/wondering if Dak hasn't been signed yet because Jerry wants to see if the next coaching staff wants to go in a different direction.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Great bargain yes...history? No I don’t think so,but it is one of Dallas’ best picks. You hit on a QB in the 4th you had no intentions of being a starter that season for you,if ever?...yes,that’s getting very lucky. Brady my top historic pick for the record.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Tom Brady was drafted in 2000 (199th pick) and signed a 3 year contract for $864,000. But his contract was redone in 2002 (5 years, $30.5 million with $10 million signing bonus) after he guided the Patriots to their first Super Bowl win at the end of the 2001. So Brady was a bargain for 2 years.

Russell Wilson was drafted in 2012 (75th pick) snd signed a 4 year contract for $2.99. But his contract contract was redone in 2015 (4 years, $87.6 million making him, at the time, the second highest paid player in the NFL). So Wilson was a bargain for 3 years.

My question remains, has there ever been been a bigger QB bargain over a 4-year period than Dak?

Ya Russell Wilson, he went to the playoffs his 1st 4 seasons played in 2 SB in back to back seasons and won one, it's not even close and Wilson was a 3rd round pick

GenoT

Reaction score

Not even close.

Now go ask Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick if they would ever consider that Tom Brady, all in all, hasn’t proven himself to be the greatest QB bargain in NFL history — no matter the salary.

Bet you’d get laughed outta the room.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
You all are missing my point, so it’s most likely my fault for not being clear.

Let’s define bargain as a player who earns less than 1% of the teams salary cap (or payroll in the days before there was a cap).

Brady and Wilson are better players than Dak but they got new contracts after year 2 and 3 respectively, so they don’t qualify as bargains over a 4 year period. And Wilson probably earned more than 1% of the salary cap during his rookie contract since he was a 3rd round pick and the cap wasn’t as high in 2012.

Can anyone name a better bargain at QB over 4 years than what the Cowboys have gotten with Dak? I’m asking seriously, because it shows just how bad the coaching and management has been to have wasted this opportunity.

GenoT

Reaction score
You all are missing my point, so it’s most likely my fault for not being clear.

Let’s define bargain as a player who earns less than 1% of the teams salary cap (or payroll in the days before there was a cap).

Brady and Wilson are better players than Dak but they got new contracts after year 2 and 3 respectively, so they don’t qualify as bargains over a 4 year period. And Wilson probably earned more than 1% of the salary cap during his rookie contract since he was a 3rd round pick and the cap wasn’t as high in 2012.

Can anyone name a better bargain at QB over 4 years than what the Cowboys have gotten with Dak? I’m asking seriously, because it shows just how bad the coaching and management has been to have wasted this opportunity.

So, it’s all the fault of others...but no blame for any failure goes to Dak?

Shades of Romoholism.

Qcard

Reaction score

Better pay up cause this show does travel.

Sean Payton would love Dak down in New Orleans...

Johnny23

Reaction score
Tom Brady was drafted in 2000 (199th pick) and signed a 3 year contract for $864,000. But his contract was redone in 2002 (5 years, $30.5 million with $10 million signing bonus) after he guided the Patriots to their first Super Bowl win at the end of the 2001. So Brady was a bargain for 2 years.

Russell Wilson was drafted in 2012 (75th pick) snd signed a 4 year contract for $2.99. But his contract contract was redone in 2015 (4 years, $87.6 million making him, at the time, the second highest paid player in the NFL). So Wilson was a bargain for 3 years.

My question remains, has there ever been been a bigger QB bargain over a 4-year period than Dak?
Joe Montana.