Is Dak unpopular because it is now a passing league?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Because Dallas wins despite Dak not because of Dak

I don't even think of him as a game manager really. He isn't accurate enough.
Exactly! People see that Dak had 300 yds passing in the Washington game and dont realize that Amari Coopers 180 yds receiving were 160 yds after the catch.

Reaction score
He's unpopular bc until the past few games, he hadn't looked a guy who should be the starting qb for the dallas cowboys.

That's it in a nutshell. I like Dak and want him to succeed here, but I'm concerned that he's three years in and isn't further along. It could be that my expectations are too high, after all Romo didn't start until his fourth year I believe, so it could be that Dak just needs a little more time. Fingers crossed.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's it in a nutshell. I like Dak and want him to succeed here, but I'm concerned that he's three years in and isn't further along. It could be that my expectations are too high, after all Romo didn't start until his fourth year I believe, so it could be that Dak just needs a little more time. Fingers crossed.

I'm concerned he doesn't have the arm talent, pocket awareness, or the ability to make anticipatory throws. Some of that you can't teach.

jaybird

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:
First and foremost I am a Dak fan. Dak is a naturally leader and just a super good Dude.
But I do have concerns and wonder if he’s posses the skills to take us all the way. As much as I agree with you about running the ball controlling the clock-today’s rules requires a Qb to score 30+ a game. Just consider last years Super Bowl, where was the defense and clock control? To date Dak doesn’t have the pin point accuracy and quick release the top QBs have in today’s NFL. He may develop it. Time will tell. In the mean time. “That’s my QB”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is no perfect QB buddy. In case you didnt notice Rogers doesnt even have a winning season. Other throws receivers all the time like everyone else.

You Dak haters are really going to have a tough time of it. Dak isnt going anywhere.
then we are bound to be an average team for as long as he is our QB.....nothing to look forward to and probably the ceiling is make the playoffs and lose in the first round...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did you watch the Houston game last night? Watson was only like 270 passing yards, and made ALOT of plays with his legs... BTW Houston won.....and no I am NOT comparing the 2... it's apples and oranges
and that's an average day for Watson, yet its a high day for Dak.

Redline360

Reaction score
The problem with Dak is he is an average quarterback at best in this current scheme. Someone posted in another thread about him being a top 15 quarterback which is laughable.

1. Has horrible foot work
2. Does not step up in the pocket
3. Can not read defenses quickly enough
4. Holds on to the ball to long.
A) takes to many sacks for no reason. Just throw the ball away
B) waits for the reciever to be open vs throwing the ball before he breaks his route
5. Inaccurate in the deep ball

Stats only mean so much and one must look past that to the bigger picture. Yes he does not throw many INT and has good passer rating however he is a dink and dunk passer at best and takes huge sacks for no reason. I honestly think Zeke makes him look better by a good margin.

Now I'm not hating on Dak as I think he can greatly improve however he potential is limited by the coaching staff. They need to build the offense around his strengths and not run the same offense from the romo years. They need to bring in a completely new coaching staff to work with Dak to see what hes truly capable of(see goff) however this might be already to late.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Outside of this forum dak is insanely popular. This forum is bizzaro world
Doesn't mean jack spit honestly. Most people are casual fans so of course they like Dak. They don't know any better. When you get people on messageboards they stereotypically follow the team more in depth than these randoms you speak of. Doesn't make one side better just shows why you get different views but you seem you're on team Dak so figured you would use that.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
and that's an average day for Watson, yet its a high day for Dak.
Annnnnnnd your wrong. here let me give you some #'s to mull over
Dak Prescotts by game passing yd totals and W/L TD and INT
170-L
160-W
168-L
255-W
208-L
183-W
273-L
243-L
270-W
208-W
289-W
TTL 2427 yds
13 TD's / 5 INTS
Now Seshawn, whom you declare the clear superior QB
176- L
310- L
385- L
375- W
375-W
177- W
139-W
239-W
213-W
208-W
210-W
TTL 2807
20 TD's /9 INT's

So, in your world, Watson's numbers just BLOW our pitiful Dak Prescott the bum in the dirt? Maybe you would be better served pulling facts from real sources, instead of BS from your arse FIH. BOTH these QB's pull about the samer % in passing yds, Watson has Dak by a meager 380 ttl yds? And you call that "superior? ROFL Dak didn't have Hopkins or a Fuller to pass to his first 5 games, and IF you look at the numbers, you will see his totals going UP, not down after getting Cooper. Give it up FIH, just make a thread stating you HATE Dak Prescott, and what you truly think about him, and be honest, instead of this beat around the bush malarkey you continue to spew on here. Just be honest, then go be a whomever fan., I don't know the chiefs, or one of the other great teams you admire so much because, well they DON'T have a Dak Prescott as a QB...:popcorn:

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Doesn't mean jack spit honestly. Most people are casual fans so of course they like Dak. They don't know any better. When you get people on messageboards they stereotypically follow the team more in depth than these randoms you speak of. Doesn't make one side better just shows why you get different views but you seem you're on team Dak so figured you would use that.
Phil is that u breh? As in breh...

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Annnnnnnd your wrong. here let me give you some #'s to mull over
Dak Prescotts by game passing yd totals and W/L TD and INT
170-L
160-W
168-L
255-W
208-L
183-W
273-L
243-L
270-W
208-W
289-W
TTL 2427 yds
13 TD's / 5 INTS
Now Seshawn, whom you declare the clear superior QB
176- L
310- L
385- L
375- W
375-W
177- W
139-W
239-W
213-W
208-W
210-W
TTL 2807
20 TD's /9 INT's

So, in your world, Watson's numbers just BLOW our pitiful Dak Prescott the bum in the dirt? Maybe you would be better served pulling facts from real sources, instead of BS from your arse FIH. BOTH these QB's pull about the samer % in passing yds, Watson has Dak by a meager 380 ttl yds? And you call that "superior? ROFL Dak didn't have Hopkins or a Fuller to pass to his first 5 games, and IF you look at the numbers, you will see his totals going UP, not down after getting Cooper. Give it up FIH, just make a thread stating you HATE Dak Prescott, and what you truly think about him, and be honest, instead of this beat around the bush malarkey you continue to spew on here. Just be honest, then go be a whomever fan., I don't know the chiefs, or one of the other great teams you admire so much because, well they DON'T have a Dak Prescott as a QB...:popcorn:
Watson is in a completely different tier from dak. I like dak but come on man.

Watson took a middling texans team to a playoff contendor battling for the potential first seed. All the while coming off a second ACL injury.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Watson is in a completely different tier from dak. I like dak but come on man.

Watson took a middling texans team to a playoff contendor battling for the potential first seed. All the while coming off a second ACL injury.
Then you missed the whole point, Dak ALSO took his team 1st year to the playoffs, and were it NOT for stupid coaching, would have taken us to the next level. It happens, and I'm not comparing them in the manner you think, I was giving FIH the facts, not some jargin made up in his foggy hate filled mind about our QB... compare, passing numbers, do it, and then tell me how Watson is far superior to Dak.... I'll wait. and BTW, Watson is coming back THIS year off his 2nd ACL, not last year...

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:

Dak is unpopular because he can't pass in a passing league. Go figure.

kskboys

Reaction score
First and foremost I am a Dak fan. Dak is a naturally leader and just a super good Dude.
But I do have concerns and wonder if he’s posses the skills to take us all the way. As much as I agree with you about running the ball controlling the clock-today’s rules requires a Qb to score 30+ a game. Just consider last years Super Bowl, where was the defense and clock control? To date Dak doesn’t have the pin point accuracy and quick release the top QBs have in today’s NFL. He may develop it. Time will tell. In the mean time. “That’s my QB”
Quite possible. Which is why I am begging and beseeching Jerry to build the D.

Don't forget, the Eagles had the 4th ranked D in the NFL and held ATL to 10 and Minny to 7. Just because the super bowl was a high scoring affair does not mean you have to score 30+ to win every game. Philly only scored 15 vs ATL. And NE only scored 24 vs JAX.

Along w/ that, TENN only scored 22 to beat KC in the first round.

I would say that your statement about requiring a QB to score 30+ to win is incorrect.

ben24

Reaction score
For me, like most others here, it's mainly because Dak just isn't that good. It's frustrating because I honestly feel like the rest of the team is strong enough to do compete with the best if it had a top QB. I understand that some fans like him because we've sad some (very moderate) success with him as the starting QB but a few seasons worth of play is not a big enough sample size to rate a QB by that metric. Don't forget that Drew Brees recently went 7-9 three seasons in a row and Mark Sanchez started out his career 23-14 (including playoffs) and took the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games. Now I'm not saying that Dak is as bad as Sanchez because his first season was much better than anything Sanchez ever did but it is very concerning that his numbers (by almost any efficiency metric) over the last couple of seasons would see him ranked somewhere among the bottom ten starting QBs. What makes it worse is that he could potentially be about to get a big contract that would eat up a lot of cap space and make the team around him a lot worse.

Another smaller reason for me is that I just generally find the offense incredibly boring to watch ever since he's been here. Even in his first year when he played well and we moved the ball effectively there were a lot less spectacular plays than when Romo was QB. I know everyone is happy to do with a few less spectacular plays if it means we're winning consistently, but when you're a middle of the pack team doing nothing amazing it sure makes the games more exciting when your offense can pull off those plays.