Is Dak unpopular because it is now a passing league?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course it should. Look, throwing a ball is not something that the angels put in your head before you're born. If he had someone that was actually good at it coaching him, there is no reason that "something to do with throwing the ball" cannot be learned. It isn't rocket surgery.

So he's never had a good coach? Stop blaming the coaches. Fact is Dak has never had above average arm talent, not in HS, not College, not in the NFL never.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So he's never had a good coach? Stop blaming the coaches. Fact is Dak has never had above average arm talent, not in HS, not College, not in the NFL never.

It's a combo of both but Dak does lack the arm talent for sure.

Where Dak shines is when the Cowboy machine is rolling and he can add to it with his ability to run.

When the run game gets stuffed and its 3rd and 7 Dak is a liability.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Of course it should. Look, throwing a ball is not something that the angels put in your head before you're born. If he had someone that was actually good at it coaching him, there is no reason that "something to do with throwing the ball" cannot be learned. It isn't rocket surgery.

Staying focused on good execution helps with growing touch and delivery.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
too bad its not baseball and games aren't won on statistics....Mr. Dump off...err Dak Prescott is an average NFL QB. he is a bus driver and needs strong supporting cast to succeed. Nothing wrong with that, as long as we know and build a team around him and let him drive the bus.
You should write shampoo directions.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's a combo of both but Dak does lack the arm talent for sure.

Where Dak shines is when the Cowboy machine is rolling and he can add to it with his ability to run.

When the run game gets stuffed and its 3rd and 7 Dak is a liability.

I like his run ability and that's what brings him up to being an average qb because his arm talent is below average. He can be effective when he is using his entire skill set, but take away some running options and he can't beat you through the air without a lot of help from receivers. coaches can only do so much with limited practices etc. It's on the players 100% to get better before they get to camp.

birdwells1

Reaction score
By the way very few quarterbacks can survive without a running game. It isn't easy. To say "he can't survive without zeke", find me quarterbacks that don't have quality runners. Maybe Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady? Rodgers can carry a team on his back, but has always said he'd be better with a quality RB. Brady, NE's short passing game is sort of like a running game anyway, its a solid system.

Drew Brees - Has Kamara and Ingram.
Big Ben - Leveon Bell all those year.
Goff - Has always had Gurley
Mahomes - Kareem Hunt

Just some examples.

What separates those guys from dak is can dak win a shootout type game? He played in one in the playoffs years ago with Rodgers and played well. However we'll see if he can get it done in the future.

My biggest positive with dak. He's starting to adjust back to the league. It took some time, but past 6 or so games he's been very good.

It's hard to run when the passing game is not a threat.
Kamara and Ingram have Brees
Conner/Bell have big Ben
Gurley has Goff
Hunt has Mahomes
Zeke has ......Dak:laugh:

roughneck266

Reaction score
Not blaming them anymore than I am blaming him. Just pointing out that Kellen isn't going to be the answer as a coach anymore than he was as a QB. The coaches are part of the issue. Dak is as well. If Dak will put in the time, he can do it, it's as simple as that, but he has to have someone that can point out the good, and bad parts of his game. That is what coaches are for.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not blaming them anymore than I am blaming him. Just pointing out that Kellen isn't going to be the answer as a coach anymore than he was as a QB. The coaches are part of the issue. Dak is as well. If Dak will put in the time, he can do it, it's as simple as that, but he has to have someone that can point out the good, and bad parts of his game. That is what coaches are for.

Your previous post didn't say any of that, you placed blame only on the coaches. and yes coaches can fix it but NFL coaches don't get as much time as you think 1 on 1. They can give you a plan and do some but to truely change mechanics it can take years of practice and way more time than what the NFL allowa. Most of these good QB's have guys that help them in the off season and that's where you make those changes, Moore's job right now is to help install the gameplan for the week, how to do little things better, what to look for in defensive alignment, etc. There is no time to teach Dak alot of footwork stuff right now, not enough time for it to stick to muscle memory during the week.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Just watch. If Dak leads the team to a victory against the Saints next Thursday night, more excuses will come out against him.

If Dak plays a solid game with good pocket presence and moves up in the pocket a few times rather than a 360 out of it and I don't see anything like that series from 1st and goal at the 4 then I will give him credit. Until he stops that crap, then he is what he is!

That series was pathetic and in 3 plays, is the essence of why Dak is unpopular!

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
This. I don't think Dak is disliked because this is a passing league that's crazy talk. This has always been a passing league the game today is about balance. When you hear not one but every team we play talk about taking away Zek that alone should tell you what the rest of the league thinks of Dak. The Rams have Todd Gurley&Goff but DC talk about stopping the Rams the team not one guy. The Saints have two good RB again do we load up against the run and let Brees do what he wants? Dak is what he is a very good back up. JJ says he wouldn't take two first round picks for Dak that's good because the only fools willing to sign a backup or give away draft pick for a jag is the Cowboys FO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Implying that Dak hasnt had any issues with accuracy this year. Smh. When Dak has a clean pocket and still overthrows his receivers, who's fault is it then? Of course Dak deserves credit for his play these past 3 games, but dude you cant deny he's was terrible the first half of the season. Even now he's still sailing balls.

There is no perfect QB buddy. In case you didnt notice Rogers doesnt even have a winning season. Other throws receivers all the time like everyone else.

You Dak haters are really going to have a tough time of it. Dak isnt going anywhere.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:
THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I for one will love it. He does make some great plays, usually with his legs. Wish he would hit on some of those easy looks. Maybe it will come with time, but they are going to need it n the coming weeks.
Did you watch the Houston game last night? Watson was only like 270 passing yards, and made ALOT of plays with his legs... BTW Houston won.....and no I am NOT comparing the 2... it's apples and oranges

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
There is no perfect QB buddy. In case you didnt notice Rogers doesnt even have a winning season. Other throws receivers all the time like everyone else.

You Dak haters are really going to have a tough time of it. Dak isnt going anywhere.
You know Dak fanboys are delusional when they start trying to compare Dak the hack to players like Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady lmao. If Dak starts playing good, I'll be happy. Until then, Ima call out what I see.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't see it from anyone on this board but I am sure there are some Cowboys fans who don't like him because of his skin colour

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You know Dak fanboys are delusional when they start trying to compare Dak the hack to players like Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady lmao. If Dak starts playing good, I'll be happy. Until then, Ima call out what I see.

You are the only fools comparing Dak to Tom Brady and Rogers. That's the laughable part. And neither of those guys are coming to Dallas any time soon. So might as well get used to it. If you actually understood the QB position, the situation wouldn't be so bad for you. In your case, ignorance is the opposite of bliss. Its misery.