Is Dak worth his contract?

• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I didn't compare him to anyone. You did.
I would have drafted a rookie and spread the cash.

You said $28M and I'm telling you what $28M gets you in the NFL today. You can't throw around numbers blindly without understanding the going rate for the position.

Spread the cash.. to whom?

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Dak at any one time is top 7. Elite to me is top 5ish. He was definitely playing like when we were 6-1.

NO I wouldnt say any 40 million contract is a bargain. But Dak is worth every penny and any team resigning a guy in the top 8 or so is going to be paying the same thing.
Yes, I agree with you Dak is at about 7ish, but my point is he is not an elite QB. And, that word "elite" is overly used on Dak especially when the Boys are winning you just stated it, then when they lose all of a sudden he is not, but in reality when the the dust settles, Dak is an above average QB.

Slick

Reaction score
I mean isn't that their job? If just needed someone to make a perfect catch I Wouldn't need Lamb and Cooper now would I?
For $40M he should be leading them, not throwing behind them.

I like him in the team, but he's overpaid for what he's shown. Early on he was fire, but now it's same old Dak.

Romo was kept too long, and so will Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol

There is definitely an edge to the usual group of starry-eyed groupies, after yesterday.

lol
I like how y'all use the terms "groupies" and "slobberrers"...yet y'all are the ones who have been rooting for this team for 40 or 50 years lol....you're essentially a 50 year groupie but somehow y'all are better than the rest lol.

Slick

Reaction score
You said $28M and I'm telling you what $28M gets you in the NFL today. You can't throw around numbers blindly without understanding the going rate for the position.

A defense. Flacco won a SB. Dak is much better, but defense wins those.

Blake

Reaction score
I agree, but Dak does sometimes flash some good things.
I think next year is crucial for Dak. If he doesn't improve drastically, we'll have good idea of what he is.
This is his 5th year...I think...so maybe he's a late bloomer?

The first 3 - 4 seasons are the growth years for up and coming QBs. Growing pains are expected and tolerated as long as the QB continues to show promise. By seasons 5 and 6, they should have arrived if they're to be elite. If Dak hasn't arrived by the end of this season; I say he is what he is at that point.

Trendnet

Reaction score
He can't miss 6 targets a game? So how many is he allowed to miss? What do you think is adequate for 40 million a year that you're paying?

What's Tyron Smith in his last 31 starts? Or Zeke? Or Lawrence? What's your point?

Are you actually making the argument that the QB is irrelevant here?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
On the contrary I do understand the ramification as guys like Zeke should have never been resigned.

Its not my fault that you arent smart enough to understand the current market from great young QBs like Dak. Heck, you arent even smart enough to know how great Dak is.

You were the guy that originally called Dak backup material. Then it went to bus driver, average QB, slightly above average, ect....ect.....

You arent even smart enough to know a great QB when you see one.

Lets just look at the current facts. You are on here cutting up Dak after he just went for 375 yards, 2 TD's, 0 picks and a 106 QB rating. LOL

And that was with Cooper and Lamb gone. I guess he doesnt need all pro's at every position now does he? Another dumb comment debunked.

You dont even have enough football knowledge to hang in a conversation with me. Laughable actually.
Ah yes the excuses. I'll leave you with this:
“Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them.” ―John Wooden

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of violence or drama, but are you telling me if you had the chance to get out of Dak's contract, and the only thing that had to happen was for the true leader of the team to rough him up a bit, you are saying you would turn that down?

OK, and you've just surpassed your last post with a new dumbest thing ever posted on this forum. Congrats.

Slick

Reaction score

You're saying Dak is worth $40M I'm not. I didn't say I wouldn't have spent that. Just not on him. I would have seen what I could have gotten for someone else.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
A defense. Flacco won a SB. Dak is much better, but defense wins those.

"A defense"

You mean players like Lawrence, who were in street clothes yesterday?

Or Jaylon Smith? Who was watching the game at home?

Who, specifically, would you trust this team to spend the money on?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you Dak is at about 7ish, but my point is he is not an elite QB. And, that word "elite" is overly used on Dak especially when the Boys are winning you just stated it, then when they lose all of a sudden he is not, but in reality when the the dust settles, Dak is an above average QB.

LOL.............no way buddy. Dak is without question one of the best in the NFL. Dak is elite. Some people have different definitions of elite.

QB's go through rough stretches because of injury or the team around them, opponents where they dont happen to play elite. That doesnt change the fact that they are elite.

Your above average stance is laughable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is worth no more than $25-$28M. I said that long ago. We don't have a top flight defense and no team has won a SB without that.

Plenty of teams win without top flight defenses.

The problem is some of you mistake a good defensive performance in 1 game (the Super Bowl) and think teams are hanging their hats on the defense.

Teams are winning with their Quarterbacks. It’s a QB driven game. Whatever the defense gives you at any point is an added bonus.

Good QB play makes defenses better.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
These are grown *** men. It shouldn't take another grown *** man to get players to do their jobs.
lol

Dak is heralded from all corners of the Cowboy's universe for is legendary leadership skills.

So what are you saying here? Leadership doesn't matter?

Seriously dude, lol.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
What point did you think you were making?

Carson is one of the highest-paid QB's in the NFL. When he signed that deal, he became the man. He's being paid to carry the team. If he can't do that then he shouldn't be paid like he can.

I think any reasonable viewer can see Carson Wentz can't do that. If he could, he wouldn't be leading a 6-5 team in one of the worst divisions in football, despite having the league's best rusher behind him.