• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ah yes the excuses. I'll leave you with this:
“Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them.” ―John Wooden

Its a nice rallying cry, but even Wooden knows that injuries count.

Again, can you not see the affect the injuries have on the teams ability to perform? What has happened to the team over the last 4 weeks since the injuries mounted?

You would have to be a fool not to see the difference. OR maybe thats just who you are?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol

Dak is heralded from all corners of the Cowboy's universe for is legendary leadership skills.

So what are you saying here? Leadership doesn't matter?

Seriously dude, lol.

Being fake rah, rah doesn't make you a great leader. I guess you thought TO was a great leader too because he yelled at players lol? You sound silly lol. You are clearly the type who buys that fake stuff. You don't need someone to yell at you to get in your *** and if you do then you are doomed. Who the hell had to yell at Emmitt Smith to get him going? Or Michael Irvin? Jimmy? Ha!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Prescott era is far from over unfortunately. You have to keep in mind our front office is fake. They are not personnel guys. They'll be the last to know.

:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Maybe they should hire you. You were the guy that said Dak was backup material. You really nailed that one!!!! :lmao2::lmao:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Every time I see someone post his salary as if that means anything, all I think about is the fact their comments are based on envy.

The idea of this team had that money they would have spent it on other people and won the game. Which ignores the last 25 years of decision making by the Jones'. It also ignores the person making the 40 million dollar comment does not work in this league, therefore he isn't even a layman.

But it comes down to the same gripe made about people who make a lot of money in other careers. The have nots always blame the haves.

And that is about as small minded as someone can be.

This is as dumb as anything I’ve seen here. Your premise is that questioning Dak making elite money for good (sometimes) performance is based on envy. I mean, how deluded do you have to be to reach for that to avoid the reality that questioning Dak being worth 40 million is a reasonable question. Especially after this game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For $40M he should be leading them, not throwing behind them.

I like him in the team, but he's overpaid for what he's shown. Early on he was fire, but now it's same old Dak.

Romo was kept too long, and so will Dak.
Ok so if they needed perfect passes then why do I need them? Why do I pay guys like Cooper and Lamb if they need perfect passes all game? Why do the Packers pay Davante Adams? Why do the Saints pay Michael Thomas? If all you gotta do is just hit someone by leading them...?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Its a nice rallying cry, but even Wooden knows that injuries count.

Again, can you not see the affect the injuries have on the teams ability to perform? What has happened to the team over the last 4 weeks since the injuries mounted?

You would have to be a fool not to see the difference. OR maybe thats just who you are?
Now you're speaking for John Wooden? You must have a high opinion of yourself. Have any words of wisdom on this one?

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ―George Washington Carver

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carson is one of the highest-paid QB's in the NFL. When he signed that deal, he became the man. He's being paid to carry the team. If he can't do that then he shouldn't be paid like he can.

I think any reasonable viewer can see Carson Wentz can't do that. If he could, he wouldn't be leading a 6-5 team in one of the worst divisions in football, despite having the league's best rusher behind him.

Oh, I see. You were trying to be intelligent.

Why didn't you mention the WRs in that offense with the RB? Because it destroys your agenda?

Even at that the Colts are getting better as the season has progressed and I have no doubt they would have handled the Cowboys easily the last month. That's a game the Colts win by two touchdowns. Even with wide outs who would be no better than 4th and 5th WRs here.

Now imagine Wentz with a Cooper or Lamb to throw to. Just one of them. Not even both like the bum has here.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
LOL.............no way buddy. Dak is without question one of the best in the NFL. Dak is elite. Some people have different definitions of elite.

QB's go through rough stretches because of injury or the team around them, opponents where they dont happen to play elite. That doesnt change the fact that they are elite.

Your above average stance is laughable.
Don't laugh too hard. OK, so what is your definition of an elite QB?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was actually hoping the usual cast of Dak supporters would sit this one out as I am not trying to start another internet slap fight. I would like to get what I asked for - someone informed about the cap who can explain when we can realistically get out from under this crippling contract and maybe just maybe have a chance to win something matters.
that was your first mistake, second one was hitting replay with that dribble. The 10 alleged fans here whop who might support you don't make up for the rest who feel the opposite and win add in media, teammates, and other teams how they view Dak, you should be in the very tiny minority feeling that daks not a franchise qb just like romo..its a team games, takes more then a good qb to win the big games..

we are 7-4 with the season still in front of us to go on run..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're so defensive lol

You feel for the fools good, it happens sometimes, I did it myself until the 2019 season, just own it and move on.
You fell for it and you are still here lol....what sense does that make? You fell for it and are still watching these guys very week and have been for over 25+.....congrats to the foolish club lol.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah and you COULDN'T lol......you literally named NO ONE lol. You told on yourself genius.

I mean, sometimes questions are so stupid you ignore them.

All I have to do to expose you is keep you talking. The people realize they're dealing with a 12 year old who can't name another C in the NFC.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
that was your first mistake, second one was hitting replay with that dribble. The 10 alleged fans here whop who might support you don't make up for the rest who feel the opposite and win add in media, teammates, and other teams how they view Dak, you should be in the very tiny minority feeling that daks not a franchise qb just like romo..its a team games, takes more then a good qb to win the big games..

we are 7-4 with the season still in front of us to go on run..
How does someone hit reply with a 'dribble'?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Zoners. It seems like most posters on this forum are in agreement we are devoting an enormous amount of our cap to a QB who is essentially a top of the line bus driver. I have seen some posters on here in the past who obviously understand the cap much better than I. I am wondering if one of them can hazard a guess as to when we can realistically turn the page on the Dak era and move on from his massive contract? I am reflecting back to last off season when it seemed like the Eagles were completely hosed with the Wentz contract, and somehow, some way Roseman not only trades him, but it looks like there are going to get a first round pick back to boot!! I feel like we will just continue the 25 year ride down the toilet until we take our chances and hitch our wagon to a highly drafted QB. And don't bring up Brady because no sane person thinks finding the best player in the history of the game in the 6th round is going to happen in our lifetimes. And don't bring up Romo we won nothing with him either. Thanks.
Ok. You got rid of Dak. You have 40M. Tell me how we are going to be better....who are u getting in FA that's makes this team better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because you don’t understand the difference between skill set and talent. That’s not my fault.

And no.. I had no clue Micah Parsons had a defensive end skill set and neither did you. Everyone evaluated him as a linebacker.
I knew he could rush the passer from the linebacker spot you condescending lunatic. I watched him do it in the Cotton Bowl. You dont understand the difference between being right and wrong. You make excuses like "well they had a better chance and success in the pros" instead of just saying "ya i missed that one"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now you're speaking for John Wooden? You must have a high opinion of yourself. Have any words of wisdom on this one?

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ―George Washington Carver

Here is a good one for you:

"Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play."

Mike Singletary

Shane612

Reaction score
I think he's shown what he is at this point. He's shown us since 2016. If you didn't think he was good then then your opinion of him probably won't change.
What do you think he is?
Is he Bradly in his prime?
Is he in the same league as Wilson, Rodgers or MaHomes?
Is he Murray, Stafford or Goff?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you actually making the argument that the QB is irrelevant here?
Is that the argument that I made? Or is that the one you mustered up? Because if you need me to tell you my argument I'll happily do so but no need to just assume it if you don't understand it.

Shane612

Reaction score
The first 3 - 4 seasons are the growth years for up and coming QBs. Growing pains are expected and tolerated as long as the QB continues to show promise. By seasons 5 and 6, they should have arrived if they're to be elite. If Dak hasn't arrived by the end of this season; I say he is what he is at that point.
I tend to agree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you think he is?
Is he Bradly in his prime?
Is he in the same league as Wilson, Rodgers or MaHomes?
Is he Murray, Stafford or Goff?
Brady in his prime I can't say...but in 2021? He's just as good as all of those QB's you listed.....Goff is trash however.