Is Dalton gone in 2021?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dalton came to the Cowboys to "reset" his career and try for a bigger free agent contract elsewhere in 2021.

But at this point he'll be lucky to land the backup spot here again. I say go with Garrett Gilbert as the backup unless some other affordable veteran becomes available.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can’t blame Dalton for anything bad behind a 3rd string OL and a horrible defense that does not help and bad play calls and coaches decisions.

it may depend on what offers he gets from other teams. But if no great offers, I am sure he could be back here also.

Exactly........remember this is home for him. So I guessing unless another team offers him a starting job with starting money, I can see him willing to sign another one year deal. Honestly, I'm not sure he's shown enough a QB-needed team to throw $20-25M at him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Can’t blame Dalton for anything bad behind a 3rd string OL and a horrible defense that does not help and bad play calls and coaches decisions.

it may depend on what offers he gets from other teams. But if no great offers, I am sure he could be back here also.

Dak Prescott balled out under the same exact conditions and legions of Cowboys fans want him gone though :facepalm:.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If he is gone who is going to finally open up running lanes for Zeke and unleash Gallup’s full potential?

Qcard

Reaction score
If he is gone who is going to finally open up running lanes for Zeke and unleash Gallup’s full potential?
If Dalton is gone who is going to finally hit receivers in stride and unleash the Oline's full potential?

I like this game. We can attach every Dak Hating trope to why we should keep Dalton:lmao2:

Your turn....think we can reach 20 pages with replies.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If Dalton is gone who is going to finally hit receivers in stride and unleash the Oline's full potential?

I like this game. We can attach every Dak Hating trope to why we should keep Dalton:lmao2:

Your turn....think we can reach 20 pages with replies.
If he is gone who is going to be able to show pocket presence? :laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..I know he signed a 1 yr contract. To sign him again would take more $$$ that could be used someone else.

I guess the important question is. Does he make a legitimate backup? After seeing GG play one game, I would say no. Dalton to me has been more of a letdown. At most a serviceable backup. I would keep GG, let Red Baron go.

He will be our starter in "21" bringing along with our new rookie QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
who cares? I hope we sign the legend who couldn't beat anyone at the first of the year but somehow he would have beaten these other opponents with a worse offensive line. lmao. the legend continues to grow.
Im reaching a point where if Dallas blows this chance to get generational talent at QB picking this high in the draft and they end up signing Dak the Cowboys and Jerry deserve more years of misery. Watching this team go 8-8 as people keep talking about how Dak needs more help wasting 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks trying to help Dak while using later round picks on defense.

Qcard

Reaction score
If he is gone who is going to be able to show pocket presence? :laugh:
If Dalton is gone who is going to reach out to 1st Rd pick and show leadership? :lmao2:
Remember when Dak was too busy building football field in backyard to "reach out" to CeeDee

:muttley:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If Dalton is gone who is going to reach out to 1st Rd pick and show leadership? :lmao2:
Remember when Dak was too busy building football field in backyard to "reach out" to CeeDee

:muttley:
Who will be able to go through progressions?

Vandyr

Reaction score
Dak Prescott balled out under the same exact conditions and legions of Cowboys fans want him gone though :facepalm:.

"balled" out? Prescott was 1-3 with Martin starting every game this season. I don't know where this Legendary Prescott **** comes from, but it's not based in any sort of reality that I'm familiar with.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't think teams are lining up to sign him as their starter.
if we want him back...it should be an easy deal with no competition for his services.