Is Dalton gone in 2021?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who cares? I hope we sign the legend who couldn't beat anyone at the first of the year but somehow he would have beaten these other opponents with a worse offensive line. lmao. the legend continues to grow.
You again fail to recognize that a QB doesn't play defense, or that on offense he doesn't play 1 against 11. You also fail to recognize the Cowboys were competitive in the games he played, and only lost because the defense was giving up 36 points per game. You further fail to recognize that the Cowboys were 2-3 in the games Dak played, and only 1-5 since. But, with you clearly more interested in an agenda than facts, I wouldn't expect you to recognize any of that.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You have to wonder if he manages to play himself into a second Dallas contract, but not in a good way.
Lol, right.

I still think he can be fine as a backup, but nobody is going to give him a shot as a starter - and there's nothing to really say that he's the mentor type. Don't think he'll find a better fit anywhere.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think Dalton signs elsewhere but there’s a real chance he resigns here. Unless there is a team willing to offer him a starting position, he may decide to stay here and wait to see how Dak recovers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who cares?

Gilbert on a team that’s going nowhere anytime soon is a better option.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We can not afford him. Plenty of teams looking for a new QB. I don't know he gets 40 million a year on a 5 year deal but I can see him taking 2 years 20 million a year deal.

csirl

Reaction score
I see him returning as a backup, signing a 2-3 year Ryan Fitzmagic style deal with modest guarantees and good incentives if he plays.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dalton will be starting somewhere in this league people. If not for Covid, he probably would be starting this year somewhere.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on what other offers he gets. He didn't plan of getting this much exposure when he signed that 1 year deal and he's providing plenty of film for any interested team to evaluate him and they will take into account the OL and the fact the Cowboys lead the league in drops. They will also evaluate how QB friendly the play calls were.

I gotta say, both sides of the team are so bad, how does anyone single out any player?

conner01

Reaction score
Can’t blame Dalton for anything bad behind a 3rd string OL and a horrible defense that does not help and bad play calls and coaches decisions.

it may depend on what offers he gets from other teams. But if no great offers, I am sure he could be back here also.
There wasn’t much of a rush to sign dalton when we signed him
Don’t think that’s changed much
Teams see him as a good backup with lots of experience
He will get offers as a backup but I suspect he got some last year but decided to be a backup close to home
I think he will again
If I was Jerry I’d be playing Gilbert to see if he can be the backup much cheaper
Dalton was a real good signing but if I could find a capable backup cheaper I’d do it
Dalton has played well considering what’s happened to the oline

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't know that Dalton is the kind of QB that can start anymore. He obviously isn't overcoming the craziness of 2020.

conner01

Reaction score
Depends on what other offers he gets. He didn't plan of getting this much exposure when he signed that 1 year deal and he's providing plenty of film for any interested team to evaluate him and they will take into account the OL and the fact the Cowboys lead the league in drops. They will also evaluate how QB friendly the play calls were.

I gotta say, both sides of the team are so bad, how does anyone single out any player?
As long as he’s been in the nfl I think teams know what he is and what he’s not
Don’t think this year changes any opinions

CWR

Reaction score
Can’t blame Dalton for anything bad behind a 3rd string OL and a horrible defense that does not help and bad play calls and coaches decisions.

it may depend on what offers he gets from other teams. But if no great offers, I am sure he could be back here also.

He really got shafted with the way this season played out. Yes you cant blame him, but you're not gonna reward him either. Which is why his prove it year has proven nothing. If he intended to show out this year and get paid next, those intentions won't likely see fruition.

Cmac

Reaction score
Don't have to worry about him holding the team hostage. NYJ could be the location to backup TLawrence. And then we get Sam Darnold! Imagine that.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Gilbert isnt anywhere near as good as Dalton.

There was literally no film on him before the game when Pittsburgh decided they barely needed to show up to win (and weren't wrong).

Dalton is at home in Dallas, has made enough money already, and no one is going to bet their own job on him as a starter from here.

Umm, there was hours of college and AAF tape.

Other than that, brilliant analysis!